nighthawk

Large Blaze At London Cancer Hospital

Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Quote:

Patients are being moved from a London hospital after a fire broke out on the top floor of the building.

Eight fire engines and 40 firefighters are attending the blaze at the Royal Marsden Hospital in Fulham Road, Chelsea, west London.

The brigade said it was called to the blaze at about 1320 GMT.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7168206.stm

zTagged

RE: Large Blaze At London Cancer Hospital

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Reminds me of the George Carlin piece.. "I wanna see people jumping from hospitals on crutches, and people rolling off the roof on wheelchairs."

And out comes my twisted sense of humor..  crazy 
Something awful.

BAViscount

Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:28 pm

Quoting ZTagged (Reply 1):
And out comes my twisted sense of humor..

LOL...you sick puppy!

Seriously though, the Marsden is a great hospital...my brother in law was in there a year or two back. I hope they manage to sort things out before too much damage is done.
Ladies & gentlemen this is Captain Tobias Wilcock welcoming you aboard Coconut Airways flight 372 to Bridgetown Barb

nighthawk

Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:34 pm

the BBC were also sharing your sense of humour during the coverage - at one point they switched to a split screen layout. On the right: live coverage of the burning hospital. On the left? David Cameron giving a speach at a conference in Manchester about "A Stronger NHS"... I wonder if anyone at the beeb realised the irony?

GSM763

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:57 pm

Quoting BAViscount (Reply 2):
Seriously though, the Marsden is a great hospital...my brother in law was in there a year or two back. I hope they manage to sort things out before too much damage is done.

I totally echo that my mum received brilliant care last year, hope everything gets back to normal as soon as possible