RJdxer
Topic Author

Charlie Rangel Finally "gets It"

Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:40 am

Considering that not too long ago he was proposing a huge tax increase, this has to be good news in anyones book, especially from a democrat. Wonder how long before Pelosi and Murtha take him aside and explain how the liberal world really works?

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/will010308.php3
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

Falcon84

RE: Charlie Rangel Finally "gets It"

Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:12 am

Quoting RJdxer (Thread starter):
Wonder how long before Pelosi and Murtha take him aside and explain how the liberal world really works?

The same way the conservative world works-just those who are showered upon is a different constituency.

And I see Will doesn't want to tax corporations at all. Now nice of him.  Yeah sure
Work Right, Fly Hard

RJdxer
Topic Author

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:26 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 1):
And I see Will doesn't want to tax corporations at all.

Nope, read it again, he doesn't want to tax individuals twice. You just don't get that do you.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

Falcon84

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:31 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 2):
Nope, read it again, he doesn't want to tax individuals twice. You just don't get that do you.

Sorry, but that's bullshit, dude. Corporations should be taxed, just like everyone else. It isn't a double tax. Get over it.
Work Right, Fly Hard

RJdxer
Topic Author

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:43 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 3):
Corporations should be taxed, just like everyone else.

Who do you think pays that tax? The corporations? Are you serious?

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 3):
It isn't a double tax.

You are taxed on your income and taxed, invisibly, again when you buy a product. And that doesn't even begin to include hidden taxes if they are included in the price, such as gasoline.

Falcon84

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:48 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 4):
You are taxed on your income and taxed, invisibly, again when you buy a product.

That is in no way a double tax. It's not. It's bull. Sorry, but it is.
Work Right, Fly Hard

RJdxer
Topic Author

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:57 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 5):
That is in no way a double tax.

If it isn't a double tax, and in the case of an airline ticket, a triple tax, then what exactly is it, and who is really paying it?

dl021

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:58 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 5):
That is in no way a double tax. It's not. It's bull. Sorry, but it is.

Hate to disagree but it is. Money paid in taxes is not distributed to the shareholders, employees or customers in the form of lower prices (which competition would force).

It's removed from the general circulation in order to be allocated inefficiently by government, and taxes the economy by reducing the amount of capital available for economic growth.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?