srbmod

Making The Switch: How An Arena Changes Layouts.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:55 am

Here's an interesting video (sped up of course) showing the hard working crew @ Philips Arena switching the arena from a Thrashers game to a Hawks game and back to a Thrashers game. I've seen them start the change over from hockey to basketball even as folks are still filing out of the stands. The facilities personnel can have some long nights.
http://thrashers.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm?type=fvod&id=10142

I tried to embed the video, but for some reason, I couldn't get the "Post Message" button to appear.

AirTranTUS

RE: Making The Switch: How An Arena Changes Layouts.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:55 am

Interesting video. I saw a time lapse of the change over from the Buffalo football stadium to hockey rink last week. It was interesting as well. I am getting really sick of that "Change" song though. Every news channel is playing it.
I love ASO!

mhodgson

RE: Making The Switch: How An Arena Changes Layouts.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:35 am

A good one I saw on the BBC was converting Wembley from football (soccer, though American football has been played there recently) to an indoor race track for the race of champions. It is doubly impressive thanks to the sheer volume of materials used!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced