EvilForce
Topic Author

Wiretaps Stopped - FBI Forgot To Pay The Bills

Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:38 pm

Ooops. For as much hoodwinking by the Prez about how important wiretapping everyone was, it seems as if the FBI couldn't remember to actually pay the bill for wiretaps.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2008-01-10-fbi-probe_N.htm

"Telecommunications carriers cut off covert surveillance lines established by the FBI because the bureau failed to pay its bills in time, a Justice Department review found Thursday. An audit by the Justice Department's inspector general found hundreds of invoices went delinquent in five of the bureau's 56 field offices, threatening the integrity of covert investigations and resulting in an undisclosed amount of lost evidence. In one office, unpaid costs for wiretaps from one phone company totaled $66,000."

Also according to an FBI audit: http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/reports/FBI/a0803/index.htm

"Poor supervision of the program allowed one agent to steal $25,000"

"Investigators also examined the personnel files of employees in 35 field divisions and found that "nearly half" of those employees who had access to the funds used to support covert investigations had "indications of personal financial problems, such as late loan payments and bankruptcies."
I bought a Venus Fly Trap today and was going to name it "Republican" but the fly trap is beneficial to the environment.

Mir

RE: Wiretaps Stopped - FBI Forgot To Pay The Bills

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:20 am

Now there's a plot I don't think we'll be seeing in Hollywood any time soon.  Smile

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Blackbird

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:30 am

I have a feeling they're still carrying out wiretaps and are just posting something like that to make everybody think they're stopping...

Andrea Kent

L-188

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:37 am

You know, this would explain why Ben Stevens haven't been charged with anything yet!
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

skyservice_330

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:40 am

Quoting Blackbird (Reply 2):
I have a feeling they're still carrying out wiretaps and are just posting something like that to make everybody think they're stopping...

Andrea Kent

I heard they have keyboard taps as well.

For your security, I recommend you give up typing or else they might come and get you!  Wink

airfoilsguy

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:44 am

Quoting Blackbird (Reply 2):

Is anything NOT a conspiracy with you?

It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!