helvknight

TG FAs Calling For Soap To Be Cancelled

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:33 pm

Posted in non-av because that's where it'll probably end up if Im post it in CivAv.

FAIR USE Excerpt

Flight attendants in Thailand want a new television soap to be cancelled because they say it shows them in an unrealistic and immoral light.

"The Air Hostess War" focuses on a married pilot having an affair with a stewardess on his plane.

"We are demanding that the station and the producers immediately stop airing this ugly soap opera," said union official Noppadol Thaungthong.

"It's all about sex and air hostesses beating each other up in the cabin because of love and jealousy.

"This kind of thing never happens." (really?  Yeah sure )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7199886.stm
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx

QFA380

RE: TG FAs Calling For Soap To Be Cancelled

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:40 am

The show might put off some people from becoming FA's but many young people that I know thrive off that kind of interaction. Putting on a show for the passengers while embattled in a deep hidden brawl, this might convince them to become FA's.

Sad that the station will so easily bow down to the union, they have every right to show whatever they want as long as it comes within media laws. I'd probably watch it if it was in English and proved to be at least mildly entertaining.

bill142

RE: TG FAs Calling For Soap To Be Cancelled

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:47 am

Obviously they never saw that british soap called Mile High. The plot sounds loosely similar.