diamond

Fred Thompson Drops Out Of GOP Race

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:51 pm

I am surprised this didn't happen sooner. If I was asked for one word to describe Thompson and/or his campaign, it would be: lethargic.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...rops-out-of-gop-presidential-race/
Blank.

luv2fly

RE: Fred Thompson Drops Out Of GOP Race

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Well hate to admit it I enjoy his role on Law and Order, just can not agree for what he stands for, or does not stand for.
You can cut the irony with a knife

CaptOveur

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:59 pm

He was still in it?

Signed,
99% of America
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

MDorBust

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:00 pm

Well damn. Richardson already left too.

It's looking like Optimus Prime for POTUS '08.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

desertjets

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:07 pm

Quoting Diamond (Thread starter):
f I was asked for one word to describe Thompson and/or his campaign, it would be: lethargic.

TBH I don't think his good old boy gone Hollywood image really helped either.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

Pope

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:19 pm

Who?

Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

Queso

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:20 pm

Quoting Diamond (Thread starter):
If I was asked for one word to describe Thompson and/or his campaign, it would be: lethargic.

Out of all the candidates running, I thought Thompson would make the best President. I was also realistic in thinking he had a slim chance of winning. Then, seeing how he handled his campaign, it was as if he said to his wife "Wife, I'll run for a few months just to shut up these people who keep pestering me about running."

I agree with you, Diamond. It really was lethargic and I was very disappointed.

Now we're left without a Reagan Conservative candidate. I have no idea who I'll vote for. McCain is too old and he and Giuliani are Democrats in sheeps clothing, I'd rather not vote for Romney and Ron Paul has no chance of winning (although I don't like him either). The crack Huckabee made about Pakistan being #2 at sending illegals to the US really made me raise an eyebrow becasue there's no way he can believe that is true, but he's probably the one that most closely fits what I am looking for in a President right now.

All of the Democrat candidates suck. I'd come closest to voting for Biden but he's still WAY off in left field.

diamond

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 6):
McCain is too old and he and Giuliani are Democrats in sheeps clothing

How do you figure that a George-Bush-pro-war candidate (McCain) is a Democrat in sheep's clothing? I don't get it.

As for Guiliani, yeah he's all over the page in terms of policy. But he's not conservative enough for most Republicans and not progressive enough for most Democrats. I think he'll drop out unless he wins Florida by a landslide ... and the odds makers are saying McCain is going to take FL.

Quoting Queso (Reply 6):
All of the Democrat candidates suck

Um, no. One of them admits to inhaling, but none of them suck.  duck 
Blank.

D L X

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:39 pm

He never really cared about being President, and that was obvious from the start. Lazy like a fox turned out to just be lazy.

In other news, I have not dropped out of the race.  Silly

luv2fly

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:49 pm

I am sure one of them will come out pro gun and get your vote Queso!
You can cut the irony with a knife

Queso

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:51 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 7):
How do you figure that a George-Bush-pro-war candidate (McCain) is a Democrat in sheep's clothing? I don't get it.

He frequently crosses the aisle and compromises conservative principles solely to come to an agreement, no matter how bad the left's position on issues may be. He was the leader of the "Gang Of 14" as a good example.

cfalk

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:54 pm

The Iraq war is not the only issue, Diamond.

Um, no. One of them admits to inhaling, but none of them suck.

Which explains Monica Lewinsky, doesn't it?  Big grin  Big grin  Big grin
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Queso

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 9):
I am sure one of them will come out pro gun and get your vote Queso!

Oh, there are several of them that are pro-gun but believe it or not, I am not a single-issue voter. Yeah, that's one of the first issues I look at but it's not the only one.

greatansett

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:02 pm

I want Ron Paul to win!
Ron Paul 2012

Queso

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:05 pm

Quoting GREATANSETT (Reply 13):
I want Ron Paul to win!

Tell me why you like Ron Paul. I am uncommitted at this point so convince me.

cfalk

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:09 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 14):
Tell me why you like Ron Paul. I am uncommitted at this point so convince me.

For foreigners I suppose it would be simply for the entertainment value.

For americans, , well, I simply don't understand what the attraction would be.

aace24

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 6):
McCain is too old and he and Giuliani are Democrats in sheeps clothing,

Why? Just because he's not conservative enough for Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly?

I think it's rather refreshing (and I'm a registered Republican) to see someone like McCain in the race.

He will get my vote.

Delta767300ER

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Fred Thompson was my first choice and I was sad to see him drop out. However I can understand his reasoning. I agree with Queso, we are left without a Ronald Reagan Conservative. IMO McCain is too old, Mike Huckleberry Finn is too extremem with his religion. Rudy Giuliani is a little liberal on some issues but it does not bother me unless he gets too anti-gun. I dont know enough about Ron Paul to comment.

I voted early today for the Republican Primary in Florida. I voted Mitt Romney because his beliefs were very similiar to mine.

-Delta767300ER

greatansett

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm

I believe that Paul Speaks his mind and i mostly agree with what he says. He wants limited government, which is evident considering he wants to abolish the department of homeland defence. When it comes to terrorism, he uses history as well as apathy to try to comprehend their actions. He believes, as do i, that US foreign policy over the years contributed towards the anger directed at the US resulting in Blowback, hence 911, Iranian revolution with the taking of the US troops.

(Note: The CIA agrees with him on these points)

He also subscibes to Austrian Social Economics. He believes that the US can no longer afford to run its empire and wishes to cut spending as well as return to the gold standard instead of printing money.

In terms of Israel, he believes that the US sould not send aid to Israel at all. Yet at the same time he also wants to stop sending aid to their arab neighbours which receive 3x the amount Israel receives.

I dont agree with his stance on fire arms.

I suggest you youtube many of his responses at GOP debates
Ron Paul 2012

Queso

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:24 pm

Quoting GREATANSETT (Reply 18):
I believe that Paul Speaks his mind and i mostly agree with what he says.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not going to argue with you because I asked your opinion and you gave it to me, and I appreciate that. I know what you say of his positions is true, but much of what you wrote about why you like him is why I don't like his viewpoints and why I don't think I could support him.

diamond

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 11):
The Iraq war is not the only issue, Diamond.

I am aware of that. Those of you who are very conservative apparently think that McCain isn't far enough to the right to represent you. I'm just saying that from the perspective of someone on the left - he is a very conservative guy. This idea that he's a Democrat-in-disguise is laughable, in that he doesn't really represent any of the moral and social values that are important to us.

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 11):
Which explains Monica Lewinsky, doesn't it?

Hey now. Let's not join in Obama's most recent ploy - to pretend that he is confused about which Clinton is running against him.
Blank.

aace24

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:31 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 20):
This idea that he's a Democrat-in-disguise is laughable,

checkmark 

Just because he isn't a hardcore right winger doesn't mean he's a "Democrat in disguise".

Confuscius

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:33 pm

Coming from Hollywood, Thompson didn't even get support from the Hollywood Republican elite. A-list Republicans such as Melissa Gilbert, Rip Torn and Col. Braddock endorsed his opponents.

Hollywood Republicans lining up for McCain, Giuliani

By Jeffrey Ressner, Politico.com

Republicans have never had an easy time in Hollywood.
But throughout the presidential primaries, John McCain and Rudy Giuliani have been quietly working to garner what little support there is in showbiz for conservative politicians.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...llywood_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip
Ain't I a stinker?

iflyatldl

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:35 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 6):
McCain is too old and he and Giuliani are Democrats in sheeps clothing

Did someone mention sheep??? Better call....

Someone had to go there....  Wink
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

cfalk

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:42 pm

Quoting GREATANSETT (Reply 18):
He believes, as do i, that US foreign policy over the years contributed towards the anger directed at the US resulting in Blowback, hence 911, Iranian revolution with the taking of the US troops.

Which shows his ignorance of history. The U.S. has been at war with Islamic fundamentalism and Jihadism for 200 years. In fact, it seems like America's very first war after the Revolution (against the Barbary Pirates - i.e. the Islamic states in north Africa in 1801) is still going on...

Quote:
(Thomas) Jefferson related a conversation he had in Paris with Ambassador Abdrahaman of Tripoli who told him that all Christians are sinners in the context of the Qur'an and that it was a Muslim's "right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to enslave as many as they could take as prisoners." Islam gave great incentive to fighting infidels, Abdrahaman explained, because the Qur'an promised that making war against infidels ensured a Muslim paradise after death. Richard O'Brien, the imprisoned captain of the Philadelphia merchantman Dauphin and later the U.S. consul to Algiers, related similar conversations with ‘Ali Hasan, the ruler of Algiers.

Thomas Jefferson, "‘The American Commissioners' Report to John Jay," in Paul L. Ford, ed., The Works of Thomas Jefferson, vol. 9 (New York and London: G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1904-5), p. 358; quoted in Frank Lambert, The Barbary Wars: American Independence in the Atlantic World (New York: Hill and Wang, 2005), pp. 106-9.

The role that jihadi ideology played in the Barbary wars is documented with explicit references to jihad and holy war in the treaties that U.S. officials entered into with Muslim rulers. Tunis and Algiers, as the western outposts of the Ottoman Empire, even described themselves to American envoys as the "frontier posts of jihad against European Christianity."

"The Truce with Tunis," Naval Documents Related to the United States Wars with the Barbary Powers, vol. 1 (Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1939), pp. 158-9; quoted in Lambert, The Barbary Wars, p. 117.

That conflict continued off and on (like now) throughout the 19th century, until the European powers basically took over North Africa. None of this is new, guys.

diamond

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:46 pm

Quoting Confuscius (Reply 22):
Coming from Hollywood, Thompson didn't even get support from the Hollywood Republican elite

He was never a Hollywood insider, nor did he 'come' from Hollywood. He is a fat-cat, laid-back old southern boy from Tennessee and occasionally flew up to NYC to shoot the interior shots for Law & Order.

And while McCain is experienced and well-known, and Guiliani is wrapped up in his own 'celebrity', neither of them are Hollywood insiders either.
Blank.

Falcon84

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 3):

Who? Enlighten me, man.

Quoting Queso (Reply 6):
All of the Democrat candidates suck.

Well, if you feel that way, then I'm glad I'm supporting one of them. And the only Republican I can tolerate is McCain.

Quoting AAce24 (Reply 21):
This idea that he's a Democrat-in-disguise is laughable,

checkmark 

Just because he isn't a hardcore right winger doesn't mean he's a "Democrat in disguise".

You have to remember, people like Queso feel they are "real" Republicans, and if no one else follows them goose-step on every position, they're not "real" Republicans. McCain has been a "real" Republican, I'd wager, since Queso was pissing in his diapers, so for him to call anyone a RINO is just so much idiocy.

"Real" Republicans were people like Ike, Reagan, Bush41, and that group-people who respected those who didn't agree witthem; who weren't ideologically in straight jackets; who didn't browbeat those with different points of view. Those are Real Republicans. Queso isn't in that group.

Thompson doesn't have the personality to light a fire under people. He is smart, I believe, but he just looks too damn dour all the time to get people fired up.

Obama in '08
Work Right, Fly Hard

MDorBust

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:40 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 26):
Who? Enlighten me, man.

"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

AirCop

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:45 pm

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 17):
we are left without a Ronald Reagan Conservative.

What do you describe as a Reagan conservative? Your profile states your age is 21-25, and Reagan been out of office for nearly 20 years. So please help me, what is a Reagan conservative to you?

Quoting Diamond (Reply 25):
And while McCain is experienced

Why does everyone think McCain is experienced? I still think being one of 100 Senators and being a executive officer are two different types of leadership.

Thompson doesn't have the personality to light a fire under people. He is smart, I believe, but he just looks too damn dour all the time to get people fired up.

That I agree with. Wonder if he didn't do the hollywood bit, Search for Red October among others, would he even got elected to the Senate in the first place.

Republicans better hope for a broker convention. None of the remaining candidates has the star power to get Democrats or independents votes.

Queso

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:56 pm

people like Queso

Queso isn't running, and this thread isn't about Queso.

that group-people who respected those who didn't agree witthem; who weren't ideologically in straight jackets; who didn't browbeat those with different points of view.

You're talking about...

Quoting Queso (Reply 10):
the "Gang Of 14"

... and yes, that's one of the big problems I have with McCain. But again, this thread isn't about McCain.

Delta767300ER

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:13 pm

Quote:
What do you describe as a Reagan conservative? Your profile states your age is 21-25, and Reagan been out of office for nearly 20 years. So please help me, what is a Reagan conservative to you?

Oh boy, Here we go. I knew this would come up. A candidate favoring tax cuts, smaller government, Expanding the American Economy, Doesent press his religious beliefs on others, promote American morale, and reduce citizens reilaince on the government, ect.

Age means nothing as I have done research regarding this.

-Delta767300ER

GuitrThree

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:20 pm

Well, not like I was surprised, but my guy is out...

He'd make a GREAT VP candidate, especially for Romney and Giuliani, who are from the NE, as Fred's a good pick to help with the south. That, and not many people, while they didn't vote for him, don't like him. He's not polarizing at all.

However, I'm thinking that the eventual Republican Presidential candidate will really have to think hard if Fred will continue his "half-hearted" campaign trend on the VP trail.

If McCain does pull it out, you can count on Thompson being his VP, however, my guess on his leaving the campaign will really give Romney a boost, and the eventual nomination.
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

greatansett

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:24 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 24):

I believe it is ignorant to think that ones actions don't have consequences which is basically what the other GOP candidates are saying. It is nieve to subscribe to the notion that terrorists attack other nations because they are rich and free.
Ron Paul 2012

cfalk

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:00 am

I'm just saying that from the perspective of someone on the left - he is a very conservative guy.

So, it's a problem of your perspective.

Quoting GREATANSETT (Reply 32):
I believe it is ignorant to think that ones actions don't have consequences which is basically what the other GOP candidates are saying.

Do you have a quote of any GOP candidates saying that? No. You exaggerate. Denying that the U.S. is the cause of the Islamic world going apeshit is not the same thing as saying actions don't have consequences.

Quoting GREATANSETT (Reply 32):
It is nieve to subscribe to the notion that terrorists attack other nations because they are rich and free.

That's an oversimplification and ALL politicians are guilty of oversimplifying. It is not because we are rich and free. It is because we are not Islamic, and do not acknowledge Islamic superiority (look up the terms Dhimmi and Jizya). They (fundementalists) are taught that it is their foremost duty in life to bring this about, by any means necessary. More important than bettering your life or your family's, more important than being a productive member of society, more important than leaving the world a little richer for having lived in it - secular ideas which we westerners are taught.

AirCop

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:07 am

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 30):
Oh boy, Here we go. I knew this would come up. A candidate favoring tax cuts, smaller government, Expanding the American Economy, Doesent press his religious beliefs on others, promote American morale, and reduce citizens reilaince on the government, ect.

Your research must have been poor, largest tax hikes up to that point in history occurred on Reagan's watch, the size of the federal government grew, basically the idea of a Reagan Conservative is nothing more than a dream. (Even a pro-conservative wrote a book about this, saw it in Barnes & Noble, don't remember the title.) PS you should see his record in when he was governor of California, he basically double the size of the state government.

diamond

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:26 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 33):
So, it's a problem of your perspective.

No, it isn't. In fact, it's not a "problem" at all.
Blank.

AirCop

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:33 am

Age means nothing as I have done research regarding this.

From another angle; New York Times today;
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/21/op...800&en=a3be598123508bda&ei=5087%0A

Mir

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:38 am

Well, I can't say I'm sad to see him exit. The guy did everything he could to make himself look like a bitter, ornery, angry old man. And he was a nutcase.

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 3):

Sorry. I don't think America is ready for a Jewish president.  Smile

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Falcon84

Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:02 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 31):
If McCain does pull it out, you can count on Thompson being his VP, however, my guess on his leaving the campaign will really give Romney a boost, and the eventual nomination.

Disagree. Fred has been a non-factor in this race, and his dropping out won't help Mittens Romulus at all, imho. This race, now, is John McCain's to win. I don't think Rudy has a prayer (Thank God), and I really believe people just don't know what Romney is all about. They KNOW McCain, and know he's pretty consistent on where he stands. And I don't see him making Fred his VP nominee. He needs someone a lot younger and with more fire in the belly for these things. He doesn't need a Dan Quayle (God help us), but he needs someone a lot younger than he is, who can be the next GOP standard bearer in '12 or in '16.
Work Right, Fly Hard

EvilForce

Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:37 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 36):
From another angle; New York Times today;
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/21/op...800&en=a3be598123508bda&ei=5087%0A

That's a great article by the way.
I bought a Venus Fly Trap today and was going to name it "Republican" but the fly trap is beneficial to the environment.

RJdxer

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:49 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 38):
They KNOW McCain, and know he's pretty consistent on where he stands.

Almost democratic you might say.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 38):
but he needs someone a lot younger than he is, who can be the next GOP standard bearer in '12 or in '16.

Why? Dick Cheney has been steadfast since being chosen for VP that he would never run for the Presidency. Why does McCain need someone who will. McCain, if he wins the nomination, and that is anything but sure at this point, is going to need a staunch conservative by his side or he will lose simply because the conservative base will not vote for him. Look at who voted for him in SC and who didn't. Look at how much of the vote he got in 2000 and how much he got this time around.

Fred's day unfortunately has passed him by but in the SC debates he was dead on with some of his comments about Huckabee.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

EvilForce

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:58 am

Poor Drug Limbaugh and his Dittoheads are absolutely livid over SC.

After all the blathering the moron spewed on the airwaves about how the "Republican party as we know it is history" if Huckabee or McCain were nominated/elected. Drug Limbaugh did his darndest to give his guy Thompson a leg up in SC, but it failed....miserably. What is really funny is that McCain and Huckabee did get 70% of the Republican vote. So much for King Dittohead and his ability to shape elections.

laughing   laughing   laughing 
I bought a Venus Fly Trap today and was going to name it "Republican" but the fly trap is beneficial to the environment.

RJdxer

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:05 am

Quoting EvilForce (Reply 41):
Republican party as we know it is history" if Huckabee or McCain were nominated/elected

Have either of them been nominated or elected? According to CNN's delegate score card, Romney is in first followed by McCain and Huckabee.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#val=R
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

VonRichtofen

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:09 am

Ron Paul?

Wink

EvilForce

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:11 am

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 43):
Ron Paul?

He could always run as a 3rd party candidate.

Queso

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:50 pm

Quoting EvilForce (Reply 41):
Limbaugh did his darndest to give his guy Thompson a leg up

Limbaugh never endorsed Thompson, or anyone else for that matter.

Elite

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:56 pm

The candidates have pretty much been set, with a few exceptions (McCain comeback, Huckabee suddenly jumping out first). I think McCain will win in the end.

LH423

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 40):
McCain, if he wins the nomination, and that is anything but sure at this point, is going to need a staunch conservative by his side or he will lose simply because the conservative base will not vote for him

I don't buy that. I think people give the far right too much credit. I mean, are they suddenly going to vote Dem because McCain won't bow to their every wish? And, frankly, given how close the past few elections have been, a split in the vote on the right (between Republican and a third-party candidate) will all but guarantee the Democratic candidate the win, which we all know is the last thing that they want.

Fact is, so much attention has been paid towards the far right in recent years that many centrists are feeling alienated, but really what is the far right going to do if suddenly the Republican party says "You know what, you've had your cake we need to focus on getting back some of the Republicans who might have defected to the Democrats because of the road the Republican party has taken under Bush (no fiscal repsonsibility, expansion of gov't, social conservatism, etc)".

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

EvilForce

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 45):
Limbaugh never endorsed Thompson, or anyone else for that matter.

Of course he hasn't. He only tells everyone what's wrong with the guys he doesn't like. It's clear to anyone that listens to him exactly who he wants to win.

It's easy to be a Drug Limbaugh, and sit back and point out problems. That's all he does. Nope, he'll never advocate any position which would be a means test for what he says for then he would have to eat his words if it doesn't work. Why endorse a candidate now? He'll just revise his predictions later and claim he was right all along.

Limbaugh has made it clear he detests McCain, Huckabee, and people like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Druggy said: "California is a disaster. That’s what you get when you have “non-Republicans” in office as Republicans". Well guess what? Arnold is getting things done. So did McCain and Huckabee. Granted I don't agree with McCain or Huckabee but they realize that if you can get 80% of what you want in a bill/law/statute, you take it, call it a win, and realize it was good day.

How conservatives have this cognitive dissonance going on is odd to me. Did you ever stop to consider that George Bush isn't your problem? That your problem is that your ideas simply don't work. Or will it take another 4 or 8 years of yet another Republican neo-con administration to prove to you that the world isn't as simple as neo-cons make it out to be?

RJdxer

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Quoting LH423 (Reply 47):
I mean, are they suddenly going to vote Dem because McCain won't bow to their every wish?

They don't have to vote democratic, all they have to do is sit on their hands.

Quoting EvilForce (Reply 48):
Of course he hasn't. He only tells everyone what's wrong with the guys he doesn't like. It's clear to anyone that listens to him exactly who he wants to win.

He has pointed out that there is not a true conservative running this time around and that included Fred Thompson.

Nope, he'll never advocate any position which would be a means test for what he says for then he would have to eat his words if it doesn't work.

Then it is obvious that you don't listen. His positions on what he feels about how the government should run and those elected should run it have not changed since he started broadcasting nationally 19 years ago.

Arnold is getting things done.

???????????????????????????? His health care plan is on the verge of going down as it deserves too.
http://www.kcra.com/politics/15115495/detail.html?rss=sac&psp=news
He is about to have to declare a fiscal emergency.
http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/article.../2008/01/22/news/82121807news8.txt
and is tying the hands of high speed rail in his state.
http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/articles/2008/01/22/news/6111808news7.txt
Now that's getting things done!

That your problem is that your ideas simply don't work.

Check the Treasury department tax receipts. Check productivity for the past 7 years. Check interest rates and unemployment for the past seven years. Check welfare roles for the past 11 years. Before you bring up the mortgage mess, which party was it that forced banks and lenders to offer loans to people who otherwise couldn't afford them saying they were discriminating by not doing so? The ideas work everytime they are tried.