UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

Friday's Stupid Thread - Your Xmas Tree Still Up?

Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:02 am

So it appears our office administrator has still not removed that pesky tree from my office, rhaaaaa !
Is yours still up and if not, when did it go ?

UTA  checkeredflag 
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

asuflyer05

RE: Friday's Stupid Thread - Your Xmas Tree Still Up?

Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:08 am

Ours is gone from both the house and from work. They finally got around to taking the Season's greetings off the showroom windows sometime last week.

sunshine79

RE: Friday's Stupid Thread - Your Xmas Tree Still

Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:47 am

I left my little tree in my old apartment, so I couldn't tell you if was still up or not.
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

CaptOveur

Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:55 am

I took mine down the first week of January... The damn thing was killing my allergies but the woman insists on a live tree.. Apparently she likes sneezing for all of December too.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

SkyGourmet

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:28 am

Ours is still up. We usually keep it until all needles have fallen off. Seriously.  Smile
Meine dispatcher says there's something wrong mit deine Kabel?

NeilYYZ

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:40 am

Ours went down on the 26th of December. Once Christmas is over, it's over and all the decorations go down. As to where it went... Right back out to the garage until next year.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

BAViscount

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:58 am

Mine came down on Twelfth Night (January 6th)...that's when it's supposed to come down...or so I've always been told! I was brought up to believe that it's bad luck to leave Christmas decorations up after that date, at least in the UK anyway.

Although I remember going to Berlin fairly late in January a few years ago, and I saw that a lot of homes still had their Christmas decorations up...so obviously the same superstition doesn't exist in Germany!
Ladies & gentlemen this is Captain Tobias Wilcock welcoming you aboard Coconut Airways flight 372 to Bridgetown Barb

HAWK21M

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:02 am

Packed & on the loft until next christmas  Smile

regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

extspotter

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:41 am

Our indoor tree only went on the 16th because it was my sisters birthday on the 17th and we had to swap it for birthday decorations! My mum's korean fir tree is still by the front door with christmas decorations on it and the lights in the silver birch are seldom taken down before april.
AF BE BY FR MV PD SZ U2 VZ DHC6, 8-3/4Q, 732/8, 763ER, A319, A380

JGPH1A

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:45 am

Quoting BAViscount (Reply 6):
Mine came down on Twelfth Night (January 6th)...that's when it's supposed to come down

Same here, although I haven't actually put the tree away yet (owing to idleness and not being home much) - it's still in it's dismantled state in the sitting room, next to the box (real Christmas trees are murder ! Booo, booo - tree-killers ! Where's my Greenpeace hat ?)
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

FlySwiss

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:45 am

Mine has been removed aswell on 6th January, the end of the X-mas time.
Simle at the world and the world smiles back :)

carmenlu15

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:26 pm

The Christmas tree at home went down the first week of January (can't remember the date, all I know is I got home from work and the decorations were gone). So it's now safely tucked in the storage room till next Christmas... The only "Christmas" item remaining is a Snoopy plush wearing a Santa hat, but that is a permanent fixture in my room.  Silly

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 9):
t's still in it's dismantled state in the sitting room, next to the box

Funny, my family did it the other way round... they took the boxes out of the storage room since November, and the boxes sat in the living room for about a month before they finally set up the tree and the decorations.
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

PlymSpotter

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:37 pm

We forgot to take ours down, so it's still there, and we've decided to leave it there until next year now... which will be interesting, as we're moving house in the summer so will have to take it with us! Luckily it's only about 2ft high.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

stasisLAX

Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:20 am

Our tree was taken down on New Years Day - and good riddance too! The puppy was eating all the garland off the damn thing  devil 
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

srbmod

Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:06 pm

As soon as the last members of the family left on Christmas Day, everything was taken down, boxed up, and put away until next Christmas.

The guy across the street from me still has 75% of his Christmas lights up. He pretty much leaves them up year round. The outdoor decorations that go with it were put up right after the first of the year.