tsaord

D.C Vs NYC Vs LAX I Need Advice!

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:06 am

I want to travel more this year and I'm going to start on my 25th birthday in two months!!! I'll be an official adult so no one can tell me I can't go somewhere! With that said, I need to be De-Vagas'd! Meaning I can't decide where to go since other cities aren't a party town all day and night like Las Vegas.

I cut out going to PVR or CUN until the summer when I'm 20 pounds lighter than I am right now, for beach purposes lol. I'm thinking about L.A and IAD. I was going to go to NYC but I'm not so sure now since our nations capital came to mind. My question is what is there to do in these cities? I want to check out local clubs(maybe the alternative ones), see the sights, locals, go to a nice restaurant, stay in the center of town, maybe go to a museum. I'm just can't make a decision!

I know this site is full of people who have traveled to these places on a regular basis. I guess I am asking what are the pros and cons of NYC, L.A and Washington D.C based on your personal experience?

I have to decide on something fast since I want to do this the first week of March.
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

flipdewaf

RE: D.C Vs NYC Vs LAX I Need Advice!

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:51 am

D.C. has the Smithsonian which is an absolute must! I love NYC, spent 3months there in summer 2006 and if you want to do anything you will probably find it there. Couldn't tell you about the clubs though, I don't find clubs a very social experience.

Fred

aa61hvy

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:54 am

Con for LA-you will need to rent a car...

I'd suggest NYC, so much to do all within a walk or subway ride!
Go big or go home

AirCop

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:32 am

Quoting Tsaord (Thread starter):
I want to travel more this year and I'm going to start on my 25th birthday in two months!!! I'll be an official adult so no one can tell me I can't go somewhere!

Silly me, I thought 18 was the age of the majority.

Given the choice between LA or DC; going to DC; visiting the sites is absolutely awesome, a trip every American should take in their lifetime. Besides with good planning, you won't need the additional expense of a car. Should you decide on DC contact your congressman or senator and they should be able to arrange special tours not normally available to the general public.

AirTranTUS

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:24 am

I would make DC a priority, followed by NYC, with LAX bringing up the rear do to its huge size and the fact you need a car. If you want clubs, I would imagine NYC would be where you want to go (or write your Congressman, I'm sure they know some in DC).
I love ASO!

tsaord

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:25 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 3):
Silly me, I thought 18 was the age of the majority

True. But among some people I know and even some family members, when you turn 25, you really are an "adult". I guess that see it as half way from 30. I work with a lady who had a birthday party, she was in her 40s and in the invitations she had "25 and over". So I think it is some type of "rights of passage" I guess.
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

asuflyer05

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:36 am

New York City hands down. It's the city you compare all others too. And fail to find another one better.

IFEMaster

Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:25 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 2):
Con for LA-you will need to rent a car..

checkmark 

Another con for LA - it's a dump. Although head north or south for a couple of hours and you'll be in some nice places. Santa Barbara - gorgeous. San Diego - gorgeous.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

diamond

Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:30 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 7):
Another con for LA - it's a dump

No.

Whittier is a dump.

Big difference.
Blank.