EMBQA
Topic Author

5 Killed While Speeding On Jumbolair Runway

Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:38 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325816,00.html

http://www.ocala.com/article/2008012...G_NEWS/30775910/1053/BREAKING_NEWS

Poor little rich kids being stuipd.... The car traveled over 200 feet off the end of the runway an decentigrated after hitting a tree 15 feet up in the air. Average age was 19 and driving a 2008 BMW.

[Edited 2008-01-26 10:45:39]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

JGPH1A

RE: 5 Killed While Speeding On Jumbolair Rumway

Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:40 pm

Are the nominations for the 2008 Darwin Awards open yet ?
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

N243NW

RE: 5 Killed While Speeding On Jumbolair Runway

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:16 pm

When it struck the large tree, the car split in half, scattering wreckage over an area of 200 square feet.

That sounds impressive, until you realize that this area is roughly 10ft x 20ft, only slightly larger than the vehicle itself. Oh, journalists.  Yeah sure
B-52s don't take off. They scare the ground away.

Jetsgo

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:25 pm

I'd rather know what kind of BMW it was then just a 2008.

Quoting N243NW (Reply 2):
Oh, journalists.

checkmark 
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

SAN787

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:40 pm

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 3):
I'd rather know what kind of BMW it was then just a 2008.

Tragedy. The seat shown amongst the wreckage matches that of an M5. 500hp V10, seats 5.
those who don't get carried away should be.

Jetsgo

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:47 pm

Where do you see a seat, let alone an M5 one...I can't pick it out to that detail.
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

LHRjc

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:48 pm

From the article:

Quote:

The victims were riding in a gray 2008 BMW, which was traveling north on the airstrip when it sailed off the end of the runway, traveled about 200 feet and slammed into a large tree in a wooded area, according to Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Mike Burroughs, who as on scene.

I don't get this. Below is a picture I took in November when I was flying over looking for N707JT, (which is at the bottom of the shot incidentally). From the end of the runway to those trees is not 200ft, and the drop at the end of the runway doesn't look 85ft either. I guess it's largely irrelevant, as car vs tree is only ever going to have one winner, but I'm just trying to work out how on earth the idiot driving didn't realise the runway was coming to an end. Surely the displaced threshold marking are a little bit of a giveaway. Fools.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/LHRjc/greystone.jpg
"Our 319's are very reliable. They get fixed very quickly."

SAN787

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:02 pm

confirmed, it was a Titanium Silver BMW M5. You can see the M5 wheel for a moment in the video.

The M5 is capable of a 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds, 1/4-mile in 12.7 seconds at 115mph...so on a runway that's 5750ft, it's safe to say this car could have been traveling at or near the governed speed of 155mph. With a chip overriding the governor, this car is capable of over 200mph.

[Edited 2008-01-26 12:09:11]

SAN787

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:08 pm

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 5):
Where do you see a seat, let alone an M5 one...I can't pick it out to that detail.

If you watch the video - http://www.ocala.com/article/2008012...G_NEWS/30775910/1053/BREAKING_NEWS - at the very beginning you can see the M5 driver's seat as well as the brushed aluminum interior trim. Shortly thereafter is the shot of the M5 wheel.

Very unfortunate, but this is why BMW sends a new-owner of the M5 to M Driving School in South Carolina once you purchase one of these beasts.

EMBQA
Topic Author

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Now the parents of these idiots will sue Jumbolair, BMW and who knows who else because their kids were stupid

[Edited 2008-01-26 12:51:10]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

SAN787

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:40 pm

Quoting EMBQA (Thread starter):
Poor little rich kids being stuipd

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 9):
kids were stuiped

We all have things we look back on when we were young and say "that was pretty stupid". I can't say I haven't participated in something mighty similar to this story.  footinmouth 

EMBQA
Topic Author

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:47 pm

Quoting SAN787 (Reply 10):

True........ but among my list of that was stupid moments in my life is not one that could have killed me. I had enough common sense to know right from wrong and what the words........ "accountable for my actions" means. My point being soceity today seems to be afraid to stand up and hold them self accountable for their own actions. They want to blame everyone else, but the one person that caused the event....... them self.

[Edited 2008-01-26 12:58:35]

FlyDeltaJets87

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:50 pm

I'm just thankful these kids didn't kill someone else with their stunt, as that's so often the case with these sort of incidents.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

MYT332

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:57 pm

What's funny is I'm watching Pulp Fiction at the moment.

Pulp Fiction=John Travolta=Jumbolair. Strange coincidence.
One Life, Live it.

lobster

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:57 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 1):
Are the nominations for the 2008 Darwin Awards open yet ?

One of the first things I thought of. Thankfully they won't breed other morons.

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 9):
Now the parents of these idiots will sue Jumbolair, BMW and who knows who else because their kids were stupid

Ahh, the American way!  Angry

EvilForce

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:13 pm

Quote:
"It's too early in the investigation to determine a speed and also to determine whether seat belts were in use at the time of the crash," Burroughs said.

As if it would matter if they were wearing seatbelts at 155 mph, airborne, into a tree.

Tragic nonetheless.

[Edited 2008-01-26 13:23:59]
I bought a Venus Fly Trap today and was going to name it "Republican" but the fly trap is beneficial to the environment.

Queso

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:15 pm

They just retrieved the CVR...

"VeeOne........Rotate.......OH SHIT!!!....(sound of crash)"

FlyDeltaJets87

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:16 pm

Quoting Lobster (Reply 14):

Same here. I'm not very sympathetic to those who get killed doing something stupid that was 100% their own fault and doing, and knew, or should have known, full-well the potential consequences of their actions.

KSYR

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:21 pm

Pretty harsh commentary about the deaths of 5 people who were considered kids just a year ago. I'm sure you have never done anything reckless in your life...they may not be breeding other 'morons' in the future but unfortunately comments like these ensure that the world will continue to be full of 'asshole' breeders for some time.

Five young people died tragically, and some on these boards appear to be reveling in their deaths. I don't know about anyone else here, but that just sickens me.

May these 5 kids RIP and my thoughts and prayers will be with their families and friends.

FlyDeltaJets87

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:26 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 16):

No wonder they crashed then. They tried to takeoff at V1 instead of at VR.  wink 

Quoting KSYR (Reply 18):

It is tragic for the friends and family who will have to deal with this loss. That burden falls on the shoulders of the kids who made the stupid decision. And that burden is one of the things I consider I go out and do stupid things, the others being killing or injuring myself, what kind of legal trouble this could get me in to, etc.

MCOflyer

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:27 pm

While it was their own fault, the parents could have prevented this by not letting their son have use of the car. I hope no law suites occur but imagine they will. Anyone know if the car had full coverage as the owners might have paid it off hence the need for only liability.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

EvilForce

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 pm

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 20):
Anyone know if the car had full coverage as the owners might have paid it off hence the need for only liability.

Um.... a 2008 M5 is $ 90,000. I'm going to bet it had full coverage.
I bought a Venus Fly Trap today and was going to name it "Republican" but the fly trap is beneficial to the environment.

DC10extender

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:32 pm

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 20):
I hope no law suites occur but imagine they will.

Who are they going to sue? The airport? The drivers family? The groundskeeper for putting the tree in the way?
Did you ever read on your birth certificate that life is fair? Thats cause its not there.

dragon-wings

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:48 pm

Well at least they went to a airport runway and did not do this on the streets.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

lobster

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:48 pm

Quoting KSYR (Reply 18):
Pretty harsh commentary about the deaths of 5 people who were considered kids just a year ago. I'm sure you have never done anything reckless in your life...they may not be breeding other 'morons' in the future but unfortunately comments like these ensure that the world will continue to be full of 'asshole' breeders for some time.

Oh please.  Yeah sure  Yeah sure

So I'm an asshole because I don't feel sorry for them? I guarantee you that no one put a gun to their head and forced them to race down a fucking runway. Thats pretty high up on my "dumb shit to do" list. And there's also a HUGE difference in doing something "reckless" on your own then taking four other idiots with you.

Unfortunately you can't see that if you play with fire, your going to get burned. Must be nice in your fairytale world.

scottieprecord

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:52 pm

I feel bad for the four guys who weren't driving... but I feel worse for that car. It was so young, just in the first year of its life.  Sad

I'm wondering if alcohol was a factor in this. Doing something that stupid at 4am on a weekend... seems likely to me.

luv2fly

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:58 pm

Though we are still stuck with Paris Hilton
You can cut the irony with a knife

KSYR

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:22 pm

Quoting Lobster (Reply 24):
So I'm an asshole because I don't feel sorry for them?

No, you are an asshole because you are trashing a group of dead kids the day after their death. Yes, it was a stupid decision to fly down a runway in a very fast car at 3:30 in the morning. Yes, the kids should have been punished. They deserved to be cited for trespassing and reckless driving (not sure speeding would apply on a private runway where there is likely no speed limit for cars). Given the age of the victims and the time that the accident occurred, it wouldn't surprise me if alcohol was involved at some point. Granted, is was a very STUPID thing to do. They deserved to be punished, by the law and no doubt by their parents.

But they didn't deserve to die. I have been in their shoes many times, and it is one of the biggest adrenaline rushes I have ever experienced. Would I do it again? No. Was it fun as hell? You bet. Car and Driver jets high-end cars down runways all the time (albeit with a bit more supervision and with way more safety precautions), and who can blame an 18-year old for wanting to push his M5 to the limits on an empty, straight runway. That is shit that people dream about. His friends likely had little idea what was at stake, they were just along for the ride.

The bottom line is that 5 young lives were cut short in a tragic but preventable accident. At least wait until the graves have been filled before you start trash-talking a group of dead kids who likely had much to look forward to in life.

Leezyjet

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Although this is a sad event, we don't know what really happened.

In their minds they might have thought they were being responsible by going to a runway rather than doing it on open roads and a 1.5 mile (or whatever it is) long runway probably seemed like a safe enough place to test out the car to it's full potential - they do it in Top Gear often enough so it must be reasonably safe.

All it took was one little mistake on the drivers behalf for this to happen, and here some of you are critisising them - I think some of you need to have a look at your perfect selves and ask if you have ever made or will ever make 1 mistake that could have/had disasterous consequences.

Sad
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

Queso

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:32 pm

Quoting KSYR (Reply 27):
But they didn't deserve to die.

Does anybody?

JGPH1A

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:33 pm

Quoting KSYR (Reply 27):
But they didn't deserve to die. I have been in their shoes many times, and it is one of the biggest adrenaline rushes I have ever experienced. Would I do it again? No. Was it fun as hell? You bet. Car and Driver jets high-end cars down runways all the time (albeit with a bit more supervision and with way more safety precautions), and who can blame an 18-year old for wanting to push his M5 to the limits on an empty, straight runway. That is shit that people dream about. His friends likely had little idea what was at stake, they were just along for the ride.

"Deserve" is perhaps too strong a word, but it is impossible to feel any sympathy for people who undertake criminally irresponsible actions like this and put their lives and the lives of others at risk. Not one thing that they did was rational. There is no possible way on Earth that they could have thought what they were doing wasn't suicidally stupid. Never mind the very idea of giving a car like that to an 18 year old - the parents have their own share of the blame. Sympathy, no sorry - not even a bit. Even if you're 18 and more than usually gormless, driving any vehicle down a runway at 200mph with your mates in the back has got to seem like a thoroughly bad idea.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

AsstChiefMark

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:39 pm

Quoting KSYR (Reply 18):

Poor little rich kids. Boo-hoo-hoo. You can't see my tears. You know why? BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY, SUCKA!

Silver spooned bastards should have been sailing the Okefenokee. Or even sculling in the Everglades. Or at least golfing.

Wink
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

lobster

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:49 pm

Quoting KSYR (Reply 27):
because you are trashing a group of dead kids the day after their death

I'm not trashing them, I simply said I don't feel sorry. Big difference.

Quoting KSYR (Reply 27):
But they didn't deserve to die.

I didn't say they DESERVED to die. Maybe you need to go back and reread some threads huh?

Quoting KSYR (Reply 27):
His friends likely had little idea what was at stake, they were just along for the ride.

Your right, because they couldn't of said "hey, I don't like this, let me out".

FlyDeltaJets87

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:53 pm

Quoting KSYR (Reply 27):
who can blame an 18-year old for wanting to push his M5 to the limits on an empty, straight runway.

I will becaue I was 18 only two years ago and have not done such stupid things. Why an 18 year old, young, inexperienced driver would have such a car in the first place is beyond me.

Quoting KSYR (Reply 27):
But they didn't deserve to die. I have been in their shoes many times, and it is one of the biggest adrenaline rushes I have ever experienced. Would I do it again? No. Was it fun as hell? You bet.

And when you did it, you undertook the full responsibilty of the potential consequences. No one to blame but the kids and the parents who would give a young driver a car like this.

Quoting KSYR (Reply 27):
Car and Driver jets high-end cars down runways all the time (albeit with a bit more supervision and with way more safety precautions),

Along with professional, experienced drivers. That's a key factor too.

Quoting Leezyjet (Reply 28):
In their minds they might have thought they were being responsible by going to a runway rather than doing it on open roads

Possibly, though the safer bet was that they went to the runway either for conveinence or because it offered a 1.5 mile straight shot while no other road in town did (probably a lesser chance of being caught too. I doubt too many cops hang out at private airport runways looking for speeders.

Quoting Leezyjet (Reply 28):
All it took was one little mistake on the drivers behalf for this to happen

It wasn't "one little mistake"- one little mistake was the final straw. But just like a plane crash, this event was a series of several mistakes over a period of time that came together at the right moment, any one of which alone might not have been enough to cause this accident or enough to prevent it altogether.

AirTranTUS

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Quoting LHRjc (Reply 6):
From the end of the runway to those trees is not 200ft

It depends from which point you measure it. From the left side of the runway to the trees, it is 200 feet. So if they were not following the centerline, they could have gone 200 feet.
I love ASO!

avt007

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Quoting Lobster (Reply 24):
Must be nice in your fairytale world.

Your world must be pretty special too. How do you know there wasn't one or more kids yelling at the driver to stop? Their only mistake was getting in the car, and that makes them pretty innocent in my eyes. I've had to yell at a few drivers over the years, because they've been doing something stupid, but as a passenger, you are helpless once you're in there, and the speeds are high.

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 31):
Poor little rich kids. Boo-hoo-hoo.

What in God's name does money have to do with it? If they killed themselves in a 76 Ford LTD, or a similar POS worth $500, how iwould it be any different? And trust me, that kinda shit happens all the time. Dead is dead, doesn't matter what kind of car it was. Does your sympathy change with the MSRP?

[Edited 2008-01-26 14:57:14]

lobster

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Quoting Avt007 (Reply 35):
Your world must be pretty special too.

Actually, it is.

How do you know there wasn't one or more kids yelling at the driver to stop? Their only mistake was getting in the car, and that makes them pretty innocent in my eyes.

Hmm, one driver and four passengers not able to stop the car? If they all knew each other, theres no way the driver wouldn't stop if they said so. Fact is, is probably went something like "hey dude, lets see how fast this thing can go". And for all you know, they pressured the driver into doing it. Either way, stupid move, big consequences, they should of known better.

AsstChiefMark

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:01 pm

If they killed themselves in a 76 Ford LTD, or a similar POS worth $500, how it be any different?

A '76 LTD or POS wouldn't catapult 200 ft off the end of the runway and pile up 15 ft up in a tree. Little rich kids going for a joy ride in rich daddy's mistress magnet I assume.

I wonder how hard it is to carry a casket when your nose is pointing up in the air. Oh, right. You get the house servants to do it. Or maybe the illegals that clean the guesthouse toilets.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

ferengi80

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Quoting KSYR (Reply 18):
Five young people died tragically, and some on these boards appear to be reveling in their deaths. I don't know about anyone else here, but that just sickens me.

I work in the ambulance service, and when something like this happens, we can't help but take the piss, as this is something that was TOTALLY AVOIDABLE and EXTREMELY RECKLESS. Why the hell should the emergency services have to pick up the pieces after these morons? One thing is for certain, with that picture, and hotting the tree at 155mph, pieces is all that we will be picking up. I have sympathy for the poor souls that had to go out to the scene and witness this mess, and the tragic loss of a fantastic BMW who was far too young to die. I have no sympathy for the idiots who chose to wreck their lives.
AF1981 LHR-CDG A380-800 10 July 2010 / AF1980 CDG-LHR A380-800 11 July 2010

AsstChiefMark

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:11 pm

Quoting Ferengi80 (Reply 38):
I work in the ambulance service, and when something like this happens, we can't help but take the piss, as this is something that was TOTALLY AVOIDABLE and EXTREMELY RECKLESS.

I think that's why I'm a bit unaffected by their deaths. My 27 years of ambulance work has burned me out a bit. Cynicism has become a coping mechanism.

avt007

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:12 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 37):
Little rich kids going for a joy ride in rich daddy's mistress magnet I assume.

WTF? I guess poor kids never kill themselves doing stupid things in cars. Pretty much anything with wheels will do 100mph, plenty fast enough to kill you and all your friends. Just because their parents are rich doesn't make it any less tragic.

Quoting Lobster (Reply 36):
Hmm, one driver and four passengers not able to stop the car?

So if you're in a car doing 100mph at night, what exactly are you going to do? Hit the driver over the head? Grab the steering wheel? Climb over the seat and wrestle for control? Gimme a break.

AsstChiefMark

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Quoting Avt007 (Reply 40):
I guess poor kids never kill themselves doing stupid things in cars.

They do, but they drive cars that are identifiable after they crash. These kids shouldn't have been allowed to drive daddy's toy.

Why do I find it hard to believe that daddy told them the access or security code and other fancy vroom-vroom safety lock-out codes?

Oh yeah. Rich kids are given fancy cars as a reward for earning 5% on their stocks in one day. Sorry. Silly me.

[Edited 2008-01-26 15:19:17]

lobster

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 39):
I think that's why I'm a bit unaffected by their deaths. My 27 years of ambulance work has burned me out a bit. Cynicism has become a coping mechanism.

Same here. Been there, done that, continue to deal with the idiots of society.

Quoting Avt007 (Reply 40):
So if you're in a car doing 100mph at night, what exactly are you going to do? Hit the driver over the head? Grab the steering wheel? Climb over the seat and wrestle for control? Gimme a break.

Hmmm, shift the car in neutral perhaps? Just a thought.

wingnut767

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:19 pm

One thing is for certain, with that picture, and hotting the tree at 155mph, pieces is all that we will be picking up. I have sympathy for the poor souls that had to go out to the scene and witness this mess, and the tragic loss of a fantastic BMW who was far too young to die. I have no sympathy for the idiots who chose to wreck their lives.

My sentiments exactly
Yakum purkan min shmaya

FlyDeltaJets87

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:21 pm

Your world must be pretty special too. How do you know there wasn't one or more kids yelling at the driver to stop?

Because Queso was kind enough to provide us with the CVR in Reply 16.  wink 

Quoting Lobster (Reply 36):
Hmm, one driver and four passengers not able to stop the car? If they all knew each other, theres no way the driver wouldn't stop if they said so. Fact is, is probably went something like "hey dude, lets see how fast this thing can go". And for all you know, they pressured the driver into doing it. Either way, stupid move, big consequences, they should of known better.

Well, one of them or two of them could have been saying something; maybe got cold feet after the wheels were rolling and tried to stop or get out but couldn't do so. But I'm sure peer pressure or the thrill behind the wheel kept the driver going. I doubt the driver would have kept going if the other four passengers were saying something, but just one or two, he (they) were probably being teased and called "chicken" by their other friends.

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 30):
"Deserve" is perhaps too strong a word,

Agreed. They just received one of the potential consequences that they accepted, knowingly or not, when they chose to make the run down the highway.

MCOflyer

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:26 pm

Quoting DC10extender (Reply 22):

Who are they going to sue? The airport? The drivers family? The groundskeeper for putting the tree in the way?

You would surprised who sues who over these things. Most likely the parents who own the car would get it as it was their son at fault.

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 41):

They do, but they drive cars that are identifiable after they crash. These kids shouldn't have been allowed to drive daddy's toy.

Very true,see reply 20. The parents could have prevented this Mark.

Guys i am not saying this is sad because it is, but in the future most parents should not their son drive a 90K car that can exceed 155mph. Especially when he is 18. My parents would not let me borrow their SC430 Lexus coupe.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

wingnut767

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:28 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 16):

Can you hear the song "Greased Lightnin" eminating in the background from Travoltas house as they flew by

(Chorus Smile
Go, Greased Lightnin'
You're burnin' up the quarter mile
Greased Lightnin', go Greased Lightnin'
Go Greased Lightnin'
You're coasting through the heat lap trails
Greased Lightnin', go Greased Lightnin'
You are supreme
The chicks'll cream
For Greased Lightnin'
Go go go go go go go go

Into the tree's
Yakum purkan min shmaya

bok269

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:51 pm

Quoting Dragon-wings (Reply 23):
Well at least they went to a airport runway and did not do this on the streets.

checkmark 

I still can't comprehend why any parent sees it fit to give their son/daugher who just got their license drive a 90K car thath is capable of those speeds.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

EMBQA
Topic Author

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:56 pm

I have sympathy for the poor souls that had to go out to the scene and witness this mess,

Notice in the video the lady holding the pink Bio-Bag.........

Queso

Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:25 am

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 47):
I still can't comprehend why any parent sees it fit to give their son/daugher who just got their license drive a 90K car thath is capable of those speeds.

Most cars today will top 100 miles per hour. Really, 100, 125, 155, what's the difference? Dead is dead.

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 48):
Notice in the video the lady holding the pink Bio-Bag.........

Maybe one of them vomited before impact and she cleaned it up.