JetBlueGuy2006
Topic Author

Presidential Campaigns And The Media

Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:02 pm

I brought up a topic a while ago, but watching CNN and MSNBC, I have a question:

Why does it seem like 99% of the coverage seem to focus on Obama.

Looking at him, he seems to be able to talk the talk; but I haven't seen many policies he wants to enact.

It almost seems like the media is fixated on an Obama craze. When I read articles online, no one seems to mention in CA, or AZ. or many of the other Super Tuesday states that millions have already voted in absentee ballots.

It is very close, but I think it is irresponsible of the media to not be acknowledge both sides of a debate.

I will be for which ever Dem. nominee it turns out to be, but it seems like the media currently has a bias towards Obama.

What do you guys think?
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

LHRjc

RE: Presidential Campaigns And The Media

Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:52 pm

Oh is there a Presidential Campaign at the moment? I never realised  wink 

To be fair, the UK media, BBC/Sky etc seem to be unusually unbiased and giving each candidate similar coverage. That said, we get Fox News here too, and their fair and balanced news doesn't seem to be so fair and balanced when it comes down to these campaigns... But that's just my personal opinion.
"Our 319's are very reliable. They get fixed very quickly."

JetBlueGuy2006
Topic Author

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Quoting LHRjc (Reply 1):
Fox News

Some call is Faux News in the states. But I just wish that each candidate would get equal airtime. I am leaning towards a certain candidate, because I personally feel that they would be best to run the country. I expect them to come out slightly ahead tomorrow on Super Tuesday.

But the media was doing well for a while, but has slowly digressed recently.
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

Confuscius

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Quoting JetBlueGuy2006 (Reply 2):
Some call is Faux News in the states.

Even with Fixed News on Rudy 9/11's side it didn't do him any good. Roger and Sean must be pretty disappointed.  Sad
Ain't I a stinker?