trekster

Interesting News Out Of Bahrain

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Where does the time go???

sunshine79

RE: Interesting News Out Of Bahrain

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:04 pm

Absolutely crazy is two words that spring to mind about this. I can just see them doing a 'gay test' just like from Dayffd Thomas sketch in Little Britain.
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

dtwclipper

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:15 pm

"Homosexuals are found in huge numbers at hairdressing salons and beauty and massage spas, which the ministry regularly inspects." Guess there are going to be some bad hair days in Bahrain!

Gays are out, but what about lesbians? What about Michael Jackson? Isn't he in Bahrain? And that's ok?

Another reason not to visit that part of the world. What a bunch of total idiots.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

IH8BY

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:33 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 2):
Another reason not to visit that part of the world. What a bunch of total idiots.

And this is one of the more liberal corners of the Arabian peninsula... Big grin

I do like the assumption that homosexuals all naturally have to "pretend" to be manly... almost as much as I like the fact that this is an issue of serious importance to the "foreign affairs, defence and national security committee"!
Have you ever felt like you could float into the sky / like the laws of physics simply don't apply?

flydl2atl

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:11 am

Honestly, is this really that shocking? Islam is stuck in the 15th century and unlike other religions has not been able to adapt to the modern world. I find it disturbing that stories like this often fall off the media's radar. In most of the Arab world human rights are hard to come by - gay rights are non existent. The rest of the world including the United States coddles them and never call them out on this. IMO nothing but a society with a lot of oil money to waste on skyscrapers, indoor ski mountains, and artificial islands...too bad none of these things have or ever will contribute anything to the betterment of the world.

SWISSER

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:40 am

Woaw I'am shocked,
I live in Bahrain and work for Gulf Air!

I guess they have to deport half the company then  Wink

BTW,
the GDN is not loaded anymore on our flights due to their innacurate information and contant contradiction with reality.
I'll have a chat with the crew today about this on my block!
What time is top of descent?