Girls performed last night and it's pretty apparent who the stars are versus the also-rans...
Again, the 60s were the theme and the show's first hour contestants were for the most part, nervous, sick and altogether not that great, spare one. The second half of the show was where business started to pick up.
Top 12 Girl ranks:
1. Ramiele Malubay. Little on the outside, Big Belter on the inside. Nice!
2. Syesha Mercado. Battled through no voice in Hollywood, voice was strong last night.
3. Alaina Whitaker. 17th birthday is today. Early gift to us was her singing. Carrie's looks, but as my wife noted during the show, Carrie never sounded that good. Only one in the first hour with a chance to get to the end.
4. Asia'h Epperson. Nice performance, under the radar during Hollywood week.
5. Carly Smithson. She's a known professional. Hype is a good word to describe her, needs to be that much better.
6. Alexandrea Lushington. Again, not seen much in Hollywood, but had a nice performance last night.
7. Amanda Overmayer. I sat there saying "What was That?!" but suited her rocker/blues style. Compared to Gina last year, she's way above her level.
8. Kady Malloy. Has the looks, has the voice, has our hometown vote, now...show some personality!
9. Brooke White. Sang nice, but my wife says she's already playing the Melinda Doolittle part. You're good, admit it, stop playing the "I am?" game.
10. Kristy Lee Cook. First out, with bronchitis. A nice girl, but doesn't seem to have much more than average performances in her.
11. Joanne Borgella. Thought she sang the entire song a key too high.
12. Amy Davis. Off key all song. Looks like she's Jimmy Kimmel's sister.
Tonight's departees: Amy Davis/Kristy Lee Cook. Amy may be the biggest lock of the entire 24 at this time to leave.
"Irregardless, it's a Cat III airplane, we don't need an alternate!"