mia

Passport Info For The Carribean

Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:47 am

Hey guys, I need some help with figuring out some information about passport stamps in the Caribbean. Do the Turks and Caicos stamp US passports incoming and or outgoing?
"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."

airfoilsguy

RE: Passport Info For The Carribean

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:36 am

I have been all through the Caribbean and have never needed a passport. This was a couple of years ago on a ship though.
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

captaink

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:07 am

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 1):
I have been all through the Caribbean and have never needed a passport. This was a couple of years ago on a ship though.

That was then, this is now. Big grin Previously, just proof of citizenship and applicable ID was needed. That being said, if you are a US citizen you need to walk with your passport, and yes all islands with the exception of Cuba (who I understand will only stamp your separate entrance Visa if requested) will stamp your passport. Most islands have immigration upon arrival and departure, so expect two stamps.

Are you travelling by ship or air? My post is for if your are travelling by air.
There is something special about planes....

jcs17

Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:12 am

T&C is notorious for smiling and nodding at US passports instead of stamping them. If they don't stamp it, ask and they will.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

TransIsland

Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:54 am

I just looked at my passport. When I went to the Turks & Caicos (some years back), it was stamped upon arrival, but not when I left. However, I don't have a U.S. passport...
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

airfoilsguy

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:18 pm

I just herd on the radio that if you enter or leave the US you will need a passport. Puerto Rico is not included in that of course.
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

mia

Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:32 pm

Well, I want to go by air, and I do NOT want my passport stamped. So I am hoping their notoriety will prove truthful.
"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."

DC10extender

Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:19 pm

I don't know about Turks and Caicos but I have ingoing and outgoing stamps from the Cayman Islands.
Did you ever read on your birth certificate that life is fair? Thats cause its not there.

Bongodog1964

Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:58 pm

Quoting MIA (Reply 6):
Well, I want to go by air, and I do NOT want my passport stamped. So I am hoping their notoriety will prove truthful.

Is someone not meant to know about your holiday ?

mia

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:28 am

Yeah, I dont want government officials knowing where I go and asking questions.

LH423

Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:46 am

Quoting MIA (Reply 9):
Yeah, I dont want government officials knowing where I go and asking questions.

But they'll know anyway. When you arrive back in the US you'll have to fill out a customs form listing your airline and flight number. They'll be inputting that info into their computer. So, unless you're planning on going via a third destination like the Bahamas or the Dominican Republic (who, as far as I know, always stamp) you might want to try coming back from PLS by boat.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry