LHMark

Getting From Hoboken To Manhattan/Yankee Stadium

Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Nancy and I are going to the Yankees-Rays game on April 4. Since the price of hotel in Manhattan is freakin' ridiculous, we've elected to stay in Hoboken (which has the added benefit of being closer to the best pizzeria in the world, Star Tavern in East Orange).

I know the path and ferry head right on over to Manhattan from there. I also seem to remember a ferry directly to the stadium from Weehauken. Is there anything similar from Hoboken? Also, what time do the trains shut down?
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

STT757

RE: Getting From Hoboken To Manhattan/Yankee Stadium

Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Quoting LHMARK (Thread starter):
Also, what time do the trains shut down?

You must be staying with someone as there are no hotels in Hoboken (yet, the W Hotel opens next year), I'm in Hoboken every week (my wife and I were married there and her family is there). It's a great town, the best bars anywhere.

Maybe you can hitch a ride with A-Rod, he's moving to Hoboken.

http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.s...008/02/arod_moving_to_hoboken.html

I checked the Yankee clipper ferry and they are not operating on April 4th, they are busy serving commuters during the week thus ferries to Yankee stadium are only available on the weekend or holidays.

Your best bet is to take the PATH in Manhattan and then connect to the Subway. Enjoy as Hoboken is a great town, tons of great restaraunts on Washington Street.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

ltbewr

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:34 pm

Take the PATH train to 34th Street in Manhattan, then transfer to the 'B' or 'D' NYC subway train to the Yankee Stadium stop. Make sure it is a train that will stop there though.

us330

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:06 pm

The trains won't shut down in NYC. Besides, after the game, MTA usually has a bunch lined up to come every five minutes or so starting at a certain time. Getting back won't be a problem.

Mir

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 2):
Take the PATH train to 34th Street in Manhattan, then transfer to the 'B' or 'D' NYC subway train to the Yankee Stadium stop. Make sure it is a train that will stop there though.

It's a Friday, so the B will be running to the Stadium. The D might not be.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Newark777

Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:49 pm

Quoting US330 (Reply 3):
Besides, after the game, MTA usually has a bunch lined up to come every five minutes or so starting at a certain time. Getting back won't be a problem.

That's correct, they know there's going to be a lot of people so they add extra trains. I usually take PATH to 33rd street, and then hop on the B or D. What I've also done sometimes is walk over to Grand Central, eat dinner, and hop on the 4. And you can always just ask one of the MTA employees on the train if it's stopping at the Stadium.
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?