L-188
Topic Author

Repairing Books

Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:46 pm

Hey guys.

I just ran into a great deal on about a dozen of those time life books "Epic of Flight" books that came back in the 1980's.

Problems is that on a couple of them the pages are comming loose from the spine of the books. I suppose that comes with spending a buck and a quarter for a book.

Anyway clearly I need to do some repair work and reglue those pages back to the spine. Anybody done this before, and have any recommendation on what type of glue to use. For some reason rubber cement, elmers and gorrilla glue all don't seem right for doing the job.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Toast

RE: Repairing Books

Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:54 pm

Quoting L-188 (Thread starter):
Anybody done this before, and have any recommendation on what type of glue to use.

I have tried to repair books many times myself, always with dismal results. I'd recommend that you use the services of a professional bookbinder for valuable books. It's expensive but they do an amazing job that'll last for years.

If the issue is simply regluing a disintegrating paperback edition, most photocopy/printing services should be able to take care of it for a nominal fee.
Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits