jcs17

I Just Voted For... Hillary!

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:58 pm

That's right, I just voted in the Texas primary for Hillary Clinton (I want Hillary contesting the Democrat primary as long as possible, which will help the GOP).... and it was a very transformative experience.

As I walked into the polling station, a young Obama supporter approached me. "Not today, my young, overly idealistic friend, I've got a fat-ankled shrill to vote for," I said to myself. As it happens, in my precinct, Democrats and Republicans vote in separate places, so my polling place was exclusively Democrats. There was a good mix of people there, 80 year olds who probably thought the Democrats were still running on the "no negros at the lunch counter" platform and young, college-age people who had yet to take a business course ("It's the way he makes me feel...maaaaann...") or earn a real paycheck. I lined up behind a young white woman with pink dreadlocks hanging onto a five year old girl...

Anyway, I get my ballot and of course, I vote for Hillary, but there is also laundry list of other important positions within Texas that are also included in the primary, such as Railroad Commissioner. Of course, after I voted for Hillary, I felt guilty that I had voted for a white and not a visible minority. So I spent the next five minutes going down the ballot and picking the person with the most ethnically-foreign name, although bonus points were awarded if it was a common inner-city name. I finished voting and noticed that the girl with pink dreadlocks also had a barbell through the bridge of her nose, but I had just voted for a Democrat, so it is never right to judge her child rearing skills. As I reached my car, I wondered whether I should buy a gay equal rights sticker because I just want them to know that I voted to help their struggle.

On my drive from the polling station to work, I was stopped at stoplight and a vagrant approached my car to ask for money. I'll sometimes give these guys a dollar, but today I voted for the candidate who would ensure that more of my paycheck would go to this staggering man. I felt like a good person, someone who cares about the poor. After all, if it wasn't for government handouts, this man would be out on the streets, drunk, looking for more booze money. But then I felt guilty again, for I was driving a gas guzzler. I was simply not doing my part in preventing climate change. Oh, how I longed for a light-blue Prius with a Hillary bumper sticker and a racy anti-Bush sticker.

Sadly, as I got to work I felt my thirty minutes as Democrat ended. I had to do the capitalist thing and earn my money by buying and selling stuff, without regard to people's feelings or their race. However, now when I open my paycheck and its hacked apart with taxes, I'll remember the little people I helped by voting for Hillary.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

KROC

RE: I Just Voted For... Hillary!

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Quoting JCS17 (Thread starter):
That's right, I just voted in the Texas primary for Hillary Clinton (I want Hillary contesting the Democrat primary as long as possible, which will help the GOP).... and it was a very transformative experience.

Too bad you didn't think of this strategy all by yourself. You were just following orders from your homeboy Rushy L.

ClassicLover

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:11 pm

As I walked into the polling station, a young Obama supporter approached me. "Not today, my young, overly idealistic friend, I've got a fat-ankled shrill to vote for," I said to myself.

Funniest line I've ever read on a.net  Smile
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

AirCop

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:18 pm

I see that someone took their civic duty very seriously.  vomit 

LHStarAlliance

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:19 pm

In my opinion you did your cross on the false Person .

Vote for Obama !

Constantin
Boycott The Olympic Games In Beijing !

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:21 pm

college-age people who had yet to take a business course

Sadly, as I got to work I felt my thirty minutes as Democrat ended. I had to do the capitalist thing and earn my money by buying and selling stuff,

2 words: Warren Buffett..
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

jcs17

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:21 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 1):
Too bad you didn't think of this strategy all by yourself. You were just following orders from your homeboy Rushy L.

Actually, the old man and I decided this would be the best course of action about a month ago, after McCain pretty much secured the nomination.

andessmf

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:31 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 1):
You were just following orders from your homeboy Rushy L.

I see Rush can count you as one of his listeners?

slider

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:32 pm

rotfl   rotfl 

This was the best post I've read here in ages! LMAO!!

a young Obama supporter approached me. "Not today, my young, overly idealistic friend, I've got a fat-ankled shrill to vote for," I said to myself.

Classic.... hahaha

AirTranTUS

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:25 pm

http://www.prankplace.com/tshirts_hillarybitch.htm

http://www.prankplace.com/tshirts_hillaryclinton.htm

Don't know which one to get. Maybe we'll have a vote. Which one should I get?

This one is amusing too, but not quite as good as the previous two.

http://www.prankplace.com/tshirts_notoosama.htm

[Edited 2008-03-04 12:27:45]
I love ASO!

Mir

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:36 pm

Of course, after I voted for Hillary, I felt guilty that I had voted for a white and not a visible minority. So I spent the next five minutes going down the ballot and picking the person with the most ethnically-foreign name, although bonus points were awarded if it was a common inner-city name.

Perhaps mandatory voting isn't such a great idea after all. Is there any way you could have made more of a mockery of the democratic process?  Yeah sure

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

slider

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 10):
Perhaps mandatory voting isn't such a great idea after all. Is there any way you could have made more of a mockery of the democratic process?

Maybe he should have blatantly prefaced his comments by saying it was satirical and sarcastic?

pacificjourney

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:56 pm

college-age people who had yet to take a business course ("It's the way he makes me feel...maaaaann...") or earn a real paycheck.

Precisely the line you joined right ?

As I reached my car,

AKA the car your parents gave you.

my paycheck

You have a job .... we should be impressed by this ????

now when I open my paycheck and its hacked apart with taxes

They tax your weekly allowance from mum and dad in the US, that is brutal !

Before playing the agrieved and outraged taxpayer it would help your case if you actually were one.
" Help, help ... I'm being oppressed ... "

AGM100

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:12 pm

had to do the capitalist thing and earn my money by buying and selling stuff, without regard to people's feelings or their race.

Limbaugh's distant love child ... no doubt about it ! Big grin She may well win it and keep the bloodbath going for another couple weeks !

Funny post JCS ... to bad Arizona was so early .. our votes ment nothing like usual.

Check this out ...

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03...whether-hillary-ad-darkened-obama/
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

CPH-R

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:17 pm

Pathetic. Just pathetic  Yeah sure

PA110

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:27 pm

And when McCain's has locked up the nomination and his age starts showing on the campaign trail, many independent voters are going to start having second thoughts about voting the Geritol candidate and cross over to whomever the Democratic nominee is. And you will have completely wasted your time anyway. Funny thing... Karma's a bitch!
It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.

CaptOveur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Actually I voted against Hillary. I just can't stand to see that old battleaxe win anything.

Plus, I think Obama has about a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election considering he is half black and his middle name is Hussein.. Just wait until the bubbas find out about that.

It was hard for me to tell the election people I was a democrat. I felt like I was supposed to quit my job, drop out of college, go on welfare, become an alcoholic and get a meth hobby.

Don't forget to vote later on tonight in the Caucus.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

itsjustme

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:33 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 10):
Is there any way you could have made more of a mockery of the democratic process?

And he's actually proud of himself. Pathetic is an understatement.

PA110

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:37 pm

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 17):

Not at all, this is ultimately very illuminating. It shows the world (well... at least A.net) just what kind of people the so-called "conservatives" really are, and how far they're willing to go to corrupt the process.

I think we should all simply allow this thread to become its own litany of shame.

So far we have:
JCS17
CaptOveur

Anymore else care to join the list?

[Edited 2008-03-04 13:40:23]

Dougloid

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:39 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 10):
Is there any way you could have made more of a mockery of the democratic process?

What about "100 years of war" do you guys not understand?

Yeah sure  Yeah sure  Yeah sure
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

HOMER71

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:40 pm

Quoting PA110 (Reply 15):
McCain's has locked up the nomination and his age starts showing on the campaign trail

Which makes me look forward to what his choice for VP will be....

Nice post, JCS  bigthumbsup 
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

Klima

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:40 pm

I braved the freezing rain here in Ohio and voted for Obama  trophy  , and now I feel civically satisfied.

Bye girls!  wave 

Pope

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:51 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 10):

Perhaps mandatory voting isn't such a great idea after all. Is there any way you could have made more of a mockery of the democratic process?

So liberals are all for everyone's right to vote unless that vote is against what they want to accomplish. Why is his vote for Hillary any worse than someone who votes for or against her because she's a woman or the vote of someone who votes for or against Obama because he's black. We all know this happens.

In the 2000 election a very close friend of mine said that he disagreed with Gore's policies but was going to vote for him because he wanted Liebrman to win because Lieberman was Jewish (as is my friend). It was all shits and giggles until Florida was decided by 450 votes. If Gore had one by just one vote, would his presidency been considered a mockery because my friend supported the candidate because of his religion and not what he stood for?

How about you stop worrying about the mockery other people are making with their votes and focus on your vote and your vote alone. If 450 other retards in West Palm Beach had done exactly that (paid more attention to their votes) in 2000, then the 7+ years of "misery" the left likes to complain about could have been avoided.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

mt99

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:56 pm

Way to teach the world lessons in Democracy.

It is truly appalling that people would lend their vote for such things. And here is the US wanting to push for a Democratic Middle East.
Step into my office, baby

CaptOveur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:57 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 23):
And here is the US wanting to push for a Democratic Middle East.

I was never for a democratic middle east.. Glass-floored, self-lighting parking lot is another matter.

Dreadnought

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:03 pm

Quoting Pope (Reply 22):
would his presidency been considered a mockery because my friend supported the candidate because of his religion and not what he stood for?

And think of all those who are voting for Hillary because she's a woman, for Obama because he's black (or for McCain because he's none-of-the-above, for that matter)

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 23):
Way to teach the world lessons in Democracy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill

[Edited 2008-03-04 14:18:47]
Forget dogs and cats - Spay and neuter your liberals.

mt99

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 24):
I was never for a democratic middle east.. Glass-floored, self-lighting parking lot is another matter.

Lovely - Ill add Genocidal Maniac to your list of attributes..

FYI. Change Middle East with "America" and I am sure you would be labeled as a Terrorist.

But alas, we digress..

Its nice to know that Republicans would, in essence, not respect the will of the people.

[Edited 2008-03-04 14:09:56]

CaptOveur

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 26):
Lovely - Ill add Genocidal Maniac to your list of attributes..

Would you please.. It is so fitting

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 26):
Change Middle East with "America" and I am sure you would be labeled as a Terrorist.

Except I has no plans of doing it myself.

mt99

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:11 pm

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 27):

Except I has no plans of doing it myself.

I am sure if you asked Mohammed Atta on Sept 10th 2001 - he would have told you he loved the United States and that he would never harm it

All those poor kids fighting in Iraq - for Freedom, for the American Dream - this is how you repay them? - by making a mockery of the one sacred thing that separates America from the rest of the barbaric and freedom-hating rest of the world!

[Edited 2008-03-04 14:42:53]

AA7295

Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 28):
All those poor kids fighting in Iraq - for Freedom, for the American Dream - this is how you repay them? - by making a mockery of the one sacred thing that separates America from the rest of the barbaric and freedom-hating rest of the world!

Did I misread something? What did he say that was so offensive?

NIKV69

Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:54 pm

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 16):
Plus, I think Obama has about a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election considering he is half black and his middle name is Hussein.. Just wait until the bubbas find out about that.

Those bubbas already won't vote for him and it has nothing to do with his race or name. That is just a smoke screen.

Just as proud as the ones who will vote for Obama for no reason other than he can speak well. Anyway the DNC process of picking a nominee is so flawed this makes it look good.

Quoting Klima (Reply 21):
and now I feel civically satisfied

You sure you don't mean "for the first time in my adult life I am proud of this country"?  sarcastic 

Quoting Pope (Reply 22):
So liberals are all for everyone's right to vote unless that vote is against what they want to accomplish. Why is his vote for Hillary any worse than someone who votes for or against her because she's a woman or the vote of someone who votes for or against Obama because he's black. We all know this happens.

Because like you said Liberals don't undertand unless it fits their model.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 28):
I am sure if you asked Mohammed Atta on Sept 10th 2001 - he would have told you he loved the United States and that he would never harm it

What does that matter, it was our fault anyway. Remember the twin towers had to have bombs or they would have never collapsed.  sarcastic 
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

mt99

Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:59 pm

Quoting AA7295 (Reply 29):
Did I misread something? What did he say that was so offensive?

Well. Let see what did he did:

He just crapped on the right of however many people voted for Obama. He told them that their vote does not count. He told them that he should be deciding what is best for them - Just like Kim-Jong and Castro do (or did)!

And before you say that i am overeactinng, as conservatives will tell you - there is no grey area. Things are either ON or OFF.

How can then you critize the elections in Russia? or other parts of the world. It all part of this high-horse some people place themselves on.

Way to lead by example.

AirTranTUS

Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:03 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 22):
So liberals are all for everyone's right to vote unless that vote is against what they want to accomplish.

Absolutely.

Quoting Pacificjourney (Reply 12):
AKA the car your parents gave you.

Quoting Pacificjourney (Reply 12):

They tax your weekly allowance from mum and dad in the US, that is brutal !

Before playing the agrieved and outraged taxpayer it would help your case if you actually were one.

When has he said any of that stuff? Someone in the 21-25 age bracket probably has bought their own car with money from their job.
I love ASO!

KROC

Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:09 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 7):
I see Rush can count you as one of his listeners?

Nope. I heard about it. I don't waste my time with political blowhards. I'm a registered republican, however I have a mind of my own and don't need someone to make it up for me.

stasisLAX

Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:10 am

The Billary campaign is desperate for votes. The recent Clinton ad with the "red" phone ringing at 3 AM while America's children are peacefully sleeping is the biggest lie of all. Intelligent, rational American voters all know that last place you'd find Bill Clinton at 3:00 am is in bed with Hillary. I mean, honestly, does she sleep in those damn ugly pant suits??

Considered this from a recent Democratic debate and whether Hill really does "know the world's most influential leaders."

Regarding the new President of Russia: "Med...Medev...Mededve... whatever."

Let's do the entire world a huge favor: Don't let Hillary answer the red phone.

Can Americans do better than another Clinton administration? YES WE CAN!

[Edited 2008-03-04 16:19:33]
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

jcs17

Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:13 am

Quoting AirTranTUS (Reply 32):
When has he said any of that stuff? Someone in the 21-25 age bracket probably has bought their own car with money from their job.

No, I can be honest, it's no big deal. My father gave me his nine year old Lexus, with 90k miles, in 2003. Today, it's a thirteen year old car, with 115k miles. Who cares? It was a nice gesture, barely extravagant, and like with everything else in my life I pay for everything associated with it.

Rara

Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:19 am

Truly disgusting. Pissing on the democracy that his ancestors fought for is one thing, going on a public forum and brag about it is quite another.

In the interest of America, I hope he's in the minority. The fact that nobody has added to the list in post #18 makes me hope.
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

jcs17

Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:33 am

Quoting Rara (Reply 36):
Truly disgusting. Pissing on the democracy that his ancestors fought for is one thing, going on a public forum and brag about it is quite another.

Don't you mean the same democracy your ancestors fought America to take away (in wars ranging from 1777 to 1945)...   Don't try to play to patriotism if you're not going to recognize the true history behind it.

It's my right to do whatever I want to with my vote, and in our system (in Texas) of open primaries, I can vote Democrat if I feel like it.... and then laugh about it. I did not do anything illegal. I simply recognized what was going to happen a few weeks ago and I wanted to keep Hillary in the race because the longer she is in it, the longer the Democrats will in-fight. Hopefully all of which will ultimately lead to GOP having a better shot in November (where I will not be voting for the Democrat).

[Edited 2008-03-04 16:34:38]

PA110

Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:42 am

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 37):
It's my right to do whatever I want to with my vote, and in our system (in Texas) of open primaries, I can vote Democrat if I feel like it.... and then laugh about it. I did not do anything illegal.

The fact that you either can't or won't draw the distinction between illegal and unethical speaks volumes.

[Edited 2008-03-04 16:44:30]

Pope

Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:45 am

Quoting Rara (Reply 36):

Why is it disgusting that a voter is playing by the rules laid out by the state to effect the long-term outcome that he desires?

• I find it far more disgusting that people who have no idea of the real issues involved go vote.
  • I find it far more disgusting that most people who complain about how unfair our tax system is have no idea how it actually works.
  • I find it far more disgusting that people who go to rally supporting change don't demand details on what needs to be changed and how the candidate plans on implementing the change.
  • I find it far more disgusting that people who are illiterate have the right to vote.
  • I find it far more disgusting that people who constantly tell the US to keep our nose out of the world's business feel that it is their right to comment on how a voter in the US used his vote.

NoUFO

Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:58 am

Don't you mean the same democracy your ancestors fought America to take away (in wars ranging from 1777 to 1945)

Shouldn't that read 1942 - 1945?
I support the right to arm bears

PA110

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:01 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 39):
# I find it far more disgusting that people who have no idea of the real issues involved go vote.
# I find it far more disgusting that most people who complain about how unfair our tax system is have no idea how it actually works.
# I find it far more disgusting that people who go to rally supporting change don't demand details on what needs to be changed and how the candidate plans on implementing the change.
# I find it far more disgusting that people who are illiterate have the right to vote.
# I find it far more disgusting that people who constantly tell the US to keep our nose out of the world's business feel that it is their right to comment on how a voter in the US used his vote.

Whoa, simmer down there Sparky... Let's just take a closer look at your righteous indignation a second...

1. From all indications, the electorate is far more attuned to the specifics of the issues this year than in any previous year. Thanks in no small part to the moron we now have occupying the White House.

2. Our tax system has grown so incredibly complex, half of Congress doesn't actually understand it all too well, and there are routinely calls from within our own government to simplify the tax system. Come to think of it, some of the loudest voices come from the Republican party.

3. Take a closer look at some the bills Obama has sponsored in Congress. They are very detailed and very specific. Would you like me to list them for you? I'm happy to. They're publicly available. They also provide a very good snapshot at what this man cares about and the depth of the consideration he's put into these bills. You can also take a look at how successful he has been in bringing others onto the co-sponsorship of his legislative proposals - from BOTH sides of the aisle. Just because the Karl Roves and Rush Limbaughs of the world tell you to think the guy doesn't have specifics doesn't make it so. How about you spend some time digging into the details you're accusing others of glossing over?

4. Attacking the illiterate must make you feel like a really big man. I bet you drive a Hummer to compensate for other shortcomings.

5. Given the global reach of U.S. foreign policy and the far-reaching effects it can have world wide, I'm not at all surprised that those around the world would like to weigh in on how we vote. It's not like we're terribly affected by who gets elected in Germany, but you can damn well guarantee that folks in Germany will feel the effects of who ends up occupying the White House.

[Edited 2008-03-04 17:03:57]

mt99

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:02 am

and in our system (in Texas) of open primaries, I can vote Democrat if I feel like it.... and then laugh about it. I did not do anything illegal.

In China the system allows for children to work. Does that make it right?

Klima

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:20 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 30):
You sure you don't mean "for the first time in my adult life I am proud of this country"? sarcastic

Yes, I'm sure. I voted for Barack Obama, not Michelle Obama. Thanks!

Bye ladies!  wave 

DLPMMM

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:24 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 10):
Perhaps mandatory voting isn't such a great idea after all. Is there any way you could have made more of a mockery of the democratic process? -Mir

Quoting PA110 (Reply 38):
The fact that you either can't or won't draw the distinction between illegal and unethical speaks volumes.

Quoting Rara (Reply 36):

In the interest of America, I hope he's in the minority. The fact that nobody has added to the list in post #18 makes me hope.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 42):
In China the system allows for children to work. Does that make it right?

This is not at all unusual in USA politics.

I live in a strongly Republican area where Democrats openly vote in the Republican primary (and have been responsible for determining quite a number of Republican candidate primary victories). Printing letters to the editor in the local papers espousing cross voting.....

I personally think that both parties corrupt to the core, and I see very little difference in the political stances taken by Sen. Obama and Sen. Clinton, so what is the difference.

Did some of you really think all this voter turnout in the Democrat primaries was from "newly motivated/turned" Democrats?

The Republicans came out in droves for Obama in South Carolina. I had several tell me about it at a trade conference (in California!) the week before the SC primary election. They also made it known that they would not support him in the General election, but felt he was the weaker Democrat candidate at the time. Now Sen Obama is polling stronger than Sen Clinton

Obviously the OP has a strong dislike for both, but he has the absolute right to both vote the way he did, and to speak his political mind, just as those opposed to Pres Bush, Pres Clinton, VP Cheney, or any other politician.

Perhaps if a politician actually was worth voting for (fat chance), there would be less of what I call "Stink" voting.

Rara

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:25 am

Don't you mean the same democracy your ancestors fought America to take away (in wars ranging from 1777 to 1945)...

That's precisely the democracy I mean, yes.
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

Pope

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:29 am

Quoting PA110 (Reply 41):
1. From all indications, the electorate is far more attuned to the specifics of the issues this year than in any previous year. Thanks in no small part to the moron we now have occupying the White House.

I would wager that less than 50% of the people voting for President could name and identify a picture of the President, Vice President, Speaker of the House and President Pro Temp of the Senate. I would wager that less than 50% have read the Constitution since the last time they were required to do so in school. I would wager that less than 10% have ever looked up legislative language in a bill or read a Supreme Court decision they agree or disagree with.

One need only look at what gets posted on this forum by a group of people who I believe are more than politically knowledgeable than the average voter. The number of times idiotic statements about what the Constitution does or does not require or what is or is not legal is staggering.

2. Our tax system has grown so incredibly complex, half of Congress doesn't actually understand it all too well, and there are routinely calls from within our own government to simplify the tax system. Come to think of it, some of the loudest voices come from the Republican party.

And yet over 75% of all taxpayers file a 1040 or 1040A and take the standard deduction. The complexity of the tax code affects very few people yet the people who are least affected by it seem to consider it the most unfair.

3. Take a closer look at some the bills Obama has sponsored in Congress. They are very detailed and very specific. Would you like me to list them for you? I'm happy to.

Go ahead. But be sure you list bills that Obama has drafted, no just signed his name on as a sponsor or co-sponsor.

4. Attacking the illiterate must make you feel like a really big man. I bet you drive a Hummer to compensate for other shortcomings.

I'm not attacking the illiterate, just calling into question whether someone who can't even read should really be trusted with selecting the President of the United States.

5. Given the global reach of U.S. foreign policy and the far-reaching effects it can have world wide, I'm not at all surprised that those around the world would like to weigh in on how we vote.

But for them to say that after criticizing us for sticking our noses into their affairs is hypocrisy.

So yes, I am indignant about people telling me that I'm narrow minded every type of *-ist that exists, don't pay enough taxes, got to where I am only because I've stepped on the back of someone else, and basically the root of all evil, when in fact these same people are in the position they are in because of their own choices over the course of their lives.

One need only look at the proposal suggested by the Fed chairman today to see how quickly this country is going into the shitter because of people not wanting their decisions to have consequences.

Boeing744

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:40 am

As I walked into the polling station, a young Obama supporter approached me. "Not today, my young, overly idealistic friend, I've got a fat-ankled shrill to vote for," I said to myself.

Of course, after I voted for Hillary, I felt guilty that I had voted for a white and not a visible minority. So I spent the next five minutes going down the ballot and picking the person with the most ethnically-foreign name, although bonus points were awarded if it was a common inner-city name.

Quoting AirTranTUS (Reply 9):
http://www.prankplace.com/tshirts_hillarybitch.htm

http://www.prankplace.com/tshirts_hillaryclinton.htm

Don't know which one to get. Maybe we'll have a vote. Which one should I get?

This one is amusing too, but not quite as good as the previous two.

http://www.prankplace.com/tshirts_no...a.htm

Interesting... this coming from people who claim that those who vote for Obama and Clinton are nothing but "immature" teens and college students.

5. Given the global reach of U.S. foreign policy and the far-reaching effects it can have world wide, I'm not at all surprised that those around the world would like to weigh in on how we vote. It's not like we're terribly affected by who gets elected in Germany, but you can damn well guarantee that folks in Germany will feel the effects of who ends up occupying the White House.

checkmark 

And the same goes for Canada! We don't have the right to vote in US elections (nor should we), but we damn well have the right to voice our opinions.

RJdxer

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:55 am

Voted for Hillary last week and didn't think twice about it. Looks like I voted for a loser!
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

copaair737

Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:13 am

JCS, good job today by doing your job to prolong the fight between Hillary and Obama.

I commend you on your actions.
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine