CaptOveur
Topic Author

So Where Are The Tree Huggers?

Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:23 pm

This being trash day I went on my weekly paper shredder binge. Most of my shreddings were made up of junk mail.

My weekly accumulation of junk mail easily fills up a quarter of a kitchen size trash bag. Sometimes, like around Christmas, I can easily fill half of a kitchen trash bag. My question in all this is: Where the hell are the tree huggers?

The tree huggers could team up with the consumer advocates and put an end to all the unsolicited, pre-approved credit card mailings. Maybe the environmental terrorists could even go so far as to attack Citibank's mail center. Afterall, the key to stopping deforestation is reducing the demand for wood products.

This is just getting insane. I have all of 2 credit cards plus a gas card and I get bombarded constantly with people wanting to give me a new card or consolidate the debt I have (it isn't even very much)

I seriously think my poor shredder is going to be worn out after barely a year of service. I have found gun oil works extremely well but I am starting to have to lube it weekly to keep it from squeaking.

Stop the insanity... Save the trees.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Confuscius

RE: So Where Are The Tree Huggers?

Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:32 pm

Quoting CaptOveur (Thread starter):
Where Are The Tree Huggers?

Here's one...
Ain't I a stinker?

ANCFlyer

Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Where the hell are the tree huggers?

Bitching about American Airlines and their 5 pax load to LHR . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

yfbflyer

Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:41 pm

take all the prepaid envelopes and randomly mail back the application forms to other companies Big grin

NeilYYZ

Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:48 pm

I seriously think my poor shredder is going to be worn out after barely a year of service.

Mine was toast after a year too. I'll add TD Canada Trust and Bell Mobility into the list of those that waste paper. I get the bills both online and in the mail. But in the end I don't care all that much, they all end up in the shredder or the fireplace.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 2):

Bitching about American Airlines and their 5 pax load to LHR . . .

Quite an amusing story. I guess the tree huggers would have the return pax just make their own arrangements home.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

AirportSeven

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:32 pm

Maybe you could stop waiting for someone else to do it for you and step up and do it yourself.

IFEMaster

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:38 pm

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 5):
step up and do it yourself.

checkmark 

Or get LifeLock. They'll do all the work for you, and you don't have to worry about shredding anything.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

57AZ

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:17 am

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 5):
Maybe you could stop waiting for someone else to do it for you and step up and do it yourself.

Bravo! Another way to save resources is to purchase reusable bags to carry your groceries in. Also, avoid products that use wasteful amounts of packaging-especially bottled water or pre-sliced fruit.

On the matter of unsolicited advertisements, we recycle them.
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

WunalaYann

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:48 am

Quoting 57AZ (Reply 7):
Bravo! Another way to save resources is to purchase reusable bags to carry your groceries in. Also, avoid products that use wasteful amounts of packaging-especially bottled water or pre-sliced fruit.

On the matter of unsolicited advertisements, we recycle them.

Be careful, ANCFlyer might bag you as a "tree hugger bitching about AA and their 5 pax to LHR"...  Wink

luv2cattlecall

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:53 am

Quoting 57AZ (Reply 7):
Also, avoid products that use wasteful amounts of packaging-especially bottled water or pre-sliced fruit.

I finally got a Pur pitcher and never looked back, great advice! I never would have guessed that there was an untapped market for pre-sliced apples, but some stores now have several brands of them...lazy people. I must say that Pineapple is much more enjoyable when it's already cut for you though...hopefully they'll come up with pre-packaged Pomegranate seeds one of these days too.

Kay

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:03 am

I get my daily bag (a BAG!) full of new offers and even a pair of newspapers hanging on my door every morning. I usually let it there and in the morning very conveniently take it from my door handle to the paper recycling bin (a 40seconds trip) at the building entrance.

But I do feel the same way as you do.

Kay

ZakHH

Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:51 am

Quoting Yfbflyer (Reply 3):
take all the prepaid envelopes and randomly mail back the application forms to other companies

That's probably not eco-friendly, but I still love the idea! Big grin
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!