bill142

F1 Season Opener - Australian Grand Prix

Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:48 pm

We're one week away from the start of the 2008 Formula 1 season. The testings done and the cars are on their way to Australia with the #1 adorning the front of a red car again. 2008 should be an interesting season for several reasons. Sure it won't have the same fireworks as 2007, with the spy saga over and Fernando moving back to Renault, but several duels are bound to occur during the season. Raikkonen v Hamilton v Alonso will no doubt ignite at some point during the season.
For me, I'm hesitant to pick a winner. Being a long time McLaren supporter, naturally I went them to win. But I don't like Lewis Hamilton and I don't think Kovalinen will be the bread winner at McLaren. Also being an Alonso fan, I'd like to see him win again, but I don't quite think the Renault is up to the job just yet.

Again in the lead up to the season, Bernie is questioning the future of the race in Australia due to the reluctance of the organisers to convert to a night race. In my opinion, it would be a great loss to Formula 1 should Australia leave the calendar. The name "Formula One World Championship" may want to be reconsidered to "Formula One European Championship"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65566

Your thoughts on the opening race?

SInGAPORE_AIR

RE: F1 Season Opener - Australian Grand Prix

Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:04 pm

Not sure about the opening race, but being British I'm obviously putting my hopes on Hamilton clinching it for good this season.

I hope you're at the airport ready to catch some of those F1 cars rolling out of Singapore Airlines Cargo aircraft  Wink
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

legoguy

Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:42 pm

Wow! Start of the season and B747forever isn't around. He must be going mental!

I hope that the F1 world can put the 2007 season behind them. It obviously wasn't the greatest season for the sport despite all the nail biting moments it bought to spectators. Personally I think we are going to see a 3 way battle between Raikkonen, Massa and Hamilton. I'm not sure Kovalainen is quite up to scratch yet but I'm hoping he proves me wrong. I also think Renault will be struggling for the first few races thus ruling out Alonso for the moment. I think Torro Rosso could be dark horses this year. I can see them getting some well earned points this year. Williams also look in good shape to spoil some parties this season.
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

bill142

Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:04 am

Quoting Singapore_Air (Reply 1):

I hope you're at the airport ready to catch some of those F1 cars rolling out of Singapore Airlines Cargo aircraft

It's usually handled by someone cheap like Alitalia Cargo.

scrubbsywg

Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:19 am

can't believe the season is here already.

forza ferrari. kimi and massa will definitely be strong contenders this year.

sudden

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 2):
Start of the season and B747forever isn't around. He must be going mental!

He is banned, again, and may it be for good this time!

I am not sure at all to what the opening race will offer, or the rest of the season for that matter.
This season will probably give us enough suprises with Hamilton challenging for the crown, Kimi defending it, Massa to prove himself as otherwise (in my opinion) his days are counted with Ferrari, Kovi will cause headlines as I think he will be able to challenge his team mate, Alonso is still in the game as he is one hell of a good driver/tech.

I love the Australian race as it has fast track layout and beautiful location. Hope it stays.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

BlueElephant

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:35 pm

I really like the Australian Grand Prix and I hope it stays on the Calendar. A night race at Albert Park would take away a lot of the beauty of the area, and it just wouldn't be the same.

As for my choice of who will win this first race, as much as I want Hamilton to win, I've gotta go with Kimi on this one. I hope i'm wrong but, I think Kimi will be the fastest for most of the season.

As far as the other drivers go, I think Massa and Kovalainen will be at each others throats for a good bit of the season. I also think that Toyota and Williams will definately turn some threads, and I hope that Rosberg clinches some Podiums for the team. I also hope that Force India doesn't come in Dead last, or DNFs all the races...I want to see them succeed and get some points.

All in All it's going to be an exciting season I hope.

Anybody have a top 10 for the race?...For me it goes like this.

1. Kimi
2. Hamilton
3. Massa
4. Kovalainen
5. Heidfeld
6. Alonso
7. Rosberg
8 Kubica
9. Trulli
10. Fisichella

jamesbuk

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:49 pm

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 6):
1. Kimi
2. Hamilton
3. Massa
4. Kovalainen
5. Heidfeld
6. Alonso

Funny - exactly how I thought it would be! Will be a nice start for Ferrari if it does happen that way.

Well is it me or has this come around very quickly this year? Felt like it was just last week with the spy scandal, Hamilton impressing everyone and Kimi's "comeback"

Lets hope this year is as exciting on the track as it was last year!

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

sudden

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:05 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 7):
Well is it me or has this come around very quickly this year? Felt like it was just last week with the spy scandal, Hamilton impressing everyone and Kimi's "comeback"

I think our threads are helping us through the off season period, and to keep us floating.

BlueElephant!
Have we not forgot something buddy?
a hint, and here is a lap around........ Big grin

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

jamesbuk

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:10 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 8):
a hint, and here is a lap around........

Ill do the honors m'lord

Onboard Schumachers Ferrari - Australia 2004. Big grin

Rgds --James --
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

aerobalance

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:18 pm

Paint the season Red - Ferrari Red!
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

airbuske

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:22 pm

I predict (and hope for) Hamilton to not finish the race.

Go Kimmi! Go Massa! Forza Ferrari!!!

BlueElephant

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:43 pm

Wow...It really has been a while hasn't it....

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 9):

Thanks you Jamesbuk...

Cheers to a good race...Looking forward to first testing session...I hope Speed TV shows it..will be great to see and hear some F1 Cars running around Albert Park again...But I really wish I had ITV they've got the best coverage.

BlueElephant

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:58 pm

Just doing a bit of research, seems that here in the US, Speed TV will be showing the Practice session, and Qualifying Live....But the race won't be live, and will be shown at 1:30 in the afternoon on Sunday!....More than 12 hours later! Wow!

I don't think I could wait that long!...Anyone have any suggestions..as to what to do?

P.S. I Believe there are new rules for Qualifying and the process...Does anyone know where we can find those? I've been looking but the F1 website's not very helpful.

[Edited 2008-03-09 10:14:07]

andaman

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:08 pm

Best luck for Renault and Kovalainen! He's got a nickname Mr Niceman... v. Kimi The Iceman  Wink Very different kind of Finns!
Chinese cookie in SFO: "You're doomed to a life of forever travelling abroad and to be able to afford it!"

Duff44

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:20 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 7):

The spygate story, the Alonso/McLaren scuttlebutt, and the racist Spanish fans stories all kept F1 in the news this offseason. Sometimes the adage "all publicity is good publicity" holds true...

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 13):
But the race won't be live, and will be shown at 1:30 in the afternoon on Sunday!....More than 12 hours later! Wow!

According to my schedule on DirecTV, it's going to be on at midnight (EDT), about 1-1/2 hours after the 12 hours of Sebring. (I love it... the ALMS and F1 openers in one day Big grin )

I think the schedule on Speed's website is screwed up. They've been advertising live coverage of the race all week.
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

airbuske

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:33 pm

I don't think I could wait that long!...Anyone have any suggestions..as to what to do?

You can watch it online. (for free)

Wink

jamesbuk

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Quoting Airbuske (Reply 16):

How? Where? You got a link? If thats the case Ill just lie in bed with the laptop and headphones rather than going downstairs and disturbing everyone with the surround sound  silly 

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 15):

True - i just remember when I was younger waiting almost years for F1 to start again but again this time it feels as if as soon as its finished its almost started again.

Rgds --James--

airbuske

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:00 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 17):

How? Where? You got a link? If thats the case Ill just lie in bed with the laptop and headphones rather than going downstairs and disturbing everyone with the surround sound

Download a program called SopCast and I will post a link for you to watch the Friday practice. In this way, we can test to make sure everything is flowing smooth for Sunday.

The program has no spyware so don't worry. I use it all the time to watch my my team play in the premier league  Smile

Jasondn

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:17 pm

I think that Kimi is going to win, with Hamilton in contention for second. I have the feeling though that Kovalinen is going to give both of them a run for their money!

I think that Kovalinen will be on the podium, but the order will look something like this:

1. Kimi
2. Hamilton
3. Kovalinen

If this does work out this way, not a great start for Ferrari in the constructor's championship, but it is going to be another nail biting season!

Lets hope for some good competitive racing and that the last GP of the season is a nail biter with all up for grabs!!!

nosedive

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Thread starter):
The name "Formula One World Championship" may want to be reconsidered to "Formula One European Championship"

Heh, I was gonna make fun of you for being whiny...then I remembered we don't have a race at all  Sad

Oh, instead of adding hype, I'm hijacking the thread:
Champ Car is dead. Long Live Champ Car!

Tony George is still a fucktard, though.

Duff44

Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:30 am

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 15):
I think the schedule on Speed's website is screwed up. They've been advertising live coverage of the race all week.

Confirmed, just saw it on Speed... midnight EDT.
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

cornish

Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:18 pm

Well I'm back on a.net after the fun of Abu Dhabi and trying to work out the route of next years GP  Wink

Personally I'm hoping for some Ferrari reliability issues that knock Kimi out of the first race. Not because I have anything against him, its just he's such an overwhelming favourite for the race, given that a.) Ferrari seems to have the best car going into the new season and b.) Melbourne has always been a Ferrari circuit.

I'd love to see a real wild card winner but I can't see that happening.

McLaren, Hamilton and Massa need to hit the ground running at this race. The pressure is particularly on Massa. If the Ferrari is as good as everyone is saying, then he really needs to be close to, or preferably for him, in front of Kimi if he doesn't want to slip quickly into the No.2 role at Ferrari this year. He has to show some real consistency from the first race.

Good news is that Super Aguri will be competing after securing last minute British sponsorship to keep them in F1. Bad news for them is they have last year's Honda.......
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

sudden

Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 22):
if he doesn't want to slip quickly into the No.2 role at Ferrari this year.

I would say that he already has that role after last race at Interlagos.
Kimi will also for sure get all the new stuff first as the season progress.
And as we have seen before, when Massa is under pressure he makes a lot of mistakes. And under pressure he is, so I do not see him as contender for the crown, but more to hold up Hamilton, Kovi, Alonso, Nick and Kubica.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

cornish

Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:29 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 23):
I do not see him as contender for the crown, but more to hold up Hamilton, Kovi, Alonso, Nick and Kubica

To be honest I don't see any of them being contenders for the title unless McLaren pull a rabbit out of a hat. By being in the same car, Massa is Kimi's only realistic title rival this season. You mention Interlagos but it was fair enough that Massa supported Kimi in that race, as he was out of the championship title by then - but he would have walked the race otherwise. He was far quicker than Kimi that weekend.

Massa is certainly as quick as Kimi when he is really at his best. But he lacks the consistency and seems to vary from circuit to circuit. In Brazil and Turkey over the last two seasons he's been head and shoulders above everybody else. If he can be quick every race weekend over the entire weekend, not just qualifying then Kimi has a battle on his hands - but i don't see it myself.

As for the others, Alonso has said that the Renault is about a second a lap off the two leading teams which testing has pretty much confirmed. He'll win races in the second half of the season, but I don't think he'll be a championship contender unless the Ferraris prove to be very unreliable.

BMW have not impressed in testing. Apparently the car is very nervous and twitchy to drive - something that Heidfeld is struggling with in particular given his smooth style. I expect BMW won't have the clear third team role this season but the likes of Renault and Williams will push them hard.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

andaman

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:01 pm

The Guardian's article about the Finnish F1 drivers:
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/formulaone2008/story/0,,2262004,00.html

It seems the long empty country roads and lack of football help to produce F1 drivers...
Chinese cookie in SFO: "You're doomed to a life of forever travelling abroad and to be able to afford it!"

Stealthz

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:02 am

P.S. I Believe there are new rules for Qualifying and the process...Does anyone know where we can find those? I've been looking but the F1 website's not very helpful.

From FIA 2008 Formula One sporting regulations....

Quote:
33) QUALIFYING PRACTICE
33.1 The qualifying practice session will take place on the day before the race from 14.00 to 15.00.
The session will be run as follows :
a) From 14.00 to 14.20 (Q1) all cars will be permitted on the track and at the end of this period the slowest seven cars will be prohibited from taking any further part in the session.
Lap times achieved by the seventeen remaining cars will then be deleted.
b) From 14.27 to 14.42 (Q2) the seventeen remaining cars will be permitted on the track and at the end of this period the slowest seven cars will be prohibited from taking any further part in the session.
Lap times achieved by the ten remaining cars will then be deleted.
c) From 14.50 to 15.00 (Q3) the ten remaining cars will be permitted on the track.
The above procedure is based upon a Championship entry of 24 cars. If 22 cars are entered only six cars will be excluded after Q1 and Q2.
33.2 Any driver whose car stops on the circuit during the qualifying session will not be permitted to take any further part in the session. Any car which stops on the circuit during the qualifying session, and which is returned to the pits before the end of the session, will be held in parc ferme until the end of the session.

More at www.fia.com

Cheers
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

flyboysp

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:19 am

Just an update with regards to the start of the race, race start will be at 1530 local. There was also talk that next years Australian GP would be a twilight race.
#proudtobeabulldog

nosedive

Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:18 am

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 26):
c) From 14.50 to 15.00 (Q3) the ten remaining cars will be permitted on the track.
The above procedure is based upon a Championship entry of 24 cars. If 22 cars are entered only six cars will be excluded after Q1 and Q2

10 minutes now? Still with race fuel declared?

CupraIbiza

Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:38 am

Quoting Flyboysp (Reply 27):
Just an update with regards to the start of the race, race start will be at 1530 local. There was also talk that next years Australian GP would be a twilight race.

Hmm great thinking! - Start at 330pm. 4pm is the hottest time of the day. Here is the weather forecast (apparently summer is finished according to the calendar). I really hope the new drivers have been working on their fitness during the winter. Anyone have any idea what these ambient temperatures translate to into cabin temperature?? At least they are forecast to get (some!) respite during qualifying.

Thursday - Min: 17°C Max: 36°C

Friday - Min: 22°C Max: 37°C

Saturday - Min: 19°C Max: 30°C

Sunday - Min: 23°C Max: 35°C

I usually get down to the track at some stage during the 4 days when its on. I think this year I will stick to watching it all on TV whilst praising Willis Haviland Carrier
Everyday is a gift…… but why does it have to be a pair of socks?

emrecan

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:48 am

It has been so long and we have all missed the competition a lot.
I am sure this year will be much more competetive than the previous years. Of course Ferrari is my team but this year Renault will also fight for the title.
I guess Ferrari, McLaren, Renault and BMW will be the top 4 teams. I hope Honda will not suck again and I am expecting some surprises from Agurı Big grin

Let's all hope a great season without any scandals. Adam (BA757) where are you my best friend???? Big grin

Stealthz

Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:13 am

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 28):
10 minutes now? Still with race fuel declared?

Yes only 10minutes now and this clause from the 2007 regs-

Quote:
29.1 b) Fuel may not be added to nor removed from any car eligible to take part in Q3 during that period. Fuel used during Q3 may be replaced immediately after the cars are released from parc fermé on the day of the race, this will be carried out in grid order.
Every car which was eligible to take part in Q3, with the exception of those unable to take part, must comply with the above. Any Competitor whose car is eligible but unable to take part in Q3 must, prior to the start of Q3, inform the FIA in writing what quantity of fuel they wish to add to the car when it is released from parc fermé on the day of the race.

has been changed to this for 2008

Quote:
29.1 b) Fuel may not be added to nor removed from any car eligible to take part in Q3 between the start of Q3 and the start of the race, unless any eligible car was unable to take part in which case c) below will apply.

So it appears no refuelling!

cheers

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

melpax

Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:24 am

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 9):

Much quicker than driving round the lake at 60km/h with a speed camera or radar gun at every corner  Smile
Essendon - Whatever it takes......

Gman94

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:34 am

Go Lewis, Go McLaren, Go Williams and lots of engine blowouts for the evil ones at Ferrari.
British Airways - The Way To Fly

scbriml

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:57 am

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 31):
So it appears no refuelling!

This doesn't make sense to me because the spectators are going to lose out here - the cars will be much heavier (and slower) at the end of Q3. I appreciate it's "greener" and prevents the pointless wasting of fuel, but I thought this was racing - you know, where cars go as fast as they can?

Why couldn't the teams reaching Q3 simply lodge with the FIA how much fuel they want to start the race with, then have a good, old-fashioned, flat-out Q3 with cars light and fast?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

Stealthz

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 34):
Why couldn't the teams reaching Q3 simply lodge with the FIA how much fuel they want to start the race with, then have a good, old-fashioned, flat-out Q3 with cars light and fast?

Ah! Steve, you are confusing the Max & Bernie World Farce championship with something like common sense!
Max, Bernie... common sense and genuine fair competition... nah! never gonna happen.

scbriml

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:17 pm

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 35):
Ah! Steve, you are confusing the Max & Bernie World Farce championship with something like common sense! Max, Bernie... common sense and genuine fair competition... nah! never gonna happen.

I'm sorry, I just can't suppress my innate optimism. I'll try not to let it happen again.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

cornish

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:19 pm

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 36):
I'm sorry, I just can't suppress my innate optimism. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Yes we'll have none of that.

Any bets on when the first protest is going to be issued?

(by Ferrari if the McLaren proves to be quick.....)

Stealthz

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:29 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 37):
Any bets on when the first protest is going to be issued?

With Stepney on "gardening leave" and Brawn uploading Scuderia2006.dat to servers at Honda... might be interesting as well!

jamesbuk

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Quoting CupraIbiza (Reply 29):
cabin temperature??

Its normally plus 10-15'c so they are going to be hitting about 50'c inside the cockpit...

Rgds --James--

tango29

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 38):
With Stepney on "gardening leave" and Brawn uploading Scuderia2006.dat to servers at Honda... might be interesting as well!

Here we go again, you can't beat a Anet F1 Thread for entertainment judging by last seasons threads!!

All joking aside this looks like a promising season ahead with new circuits and driver pairings, i think at
the head of the pack it will be between Kimi and Lewis but i think the drivers to keep an eye on this year
will be Kovalinen and Alonso.
Flown: A300,310,319,320,321,332,333,346,380, B720, 727,732,733,734,735,738,741,744,752,753,763,772,773

CupraIbiza

Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:14 am

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 39):
cabin temperature??

Its normally plus 10-15'c so they are going to be hitting about 50'c inside the cockpit...

Rgds --James--

Thanks James. Much appreciated.

Who do you think is the least fittest driver? i.e who would be expected to struggle the most? Fisi at 35? or one of the younger least experienced?

Also the forecast has been revised. Upwards!

Previous Forecast

Thursday - Min: 17°C Max: 36°C

Friday - Min: 22°C Max: 37°C

Saturday - Min: 19°C Max: 30°C

Sunday - Min: 23°C Max: 35°C

Revised Forecast

Thursday - Min: 14°C Max: 36°C

Friday - Min: 24°C Max: 38°C

Saturday - Min: 19°C Max: 37°C

Sunday - Min: 18°C Max: 37°C

bill142

Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:34 am

Quoting Andaman (Reply 25):

It seems the long empty country roads and lack of football help to produce F1 drivers...

And WRC drivers.

Quoting CupraIbiza (Reply 41):
Revised Forecast

With those temps, I think I'm glad I'm not going this year. I go sooo sunburnt during Qualifying last year despite the fact I was smothering myself with sunscreen every hour.

sudden

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Who do you think is the least fittest driver? i.e who would be expected to struggle the most? Fisi at 35? or one of the younger least experienced?

All the drivers on the grid are very fit, but Fisi would be one of the more fittest, really.
If any, I would say Emerson junior, but again, he is most likely very fit as well.
But it has shown before that drivers that comes in to F1 have been in need of more training, and who can blame them in regards to G forces they need to carry on their neck etc.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

B747forever

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:43 pm

Finally back from my ban!!!

However, will all you guys (european) see the race??

I need to get up around 03:45 to see the qualifying on Saturday, and need to get up around 05:00 in Sunday!!!
Work Hard, Fly Right

andaman

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 44):
However, will all you guys (european) see the race??
I need to get up around 03:45 to see the qualifying on Saturday, and need to get up around 05:00 in Sunday!!!

Why banned??
I will be working that night, and most probably able to watch the whole package.

B747forever

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Quoting Andaman (Reply 45):
Why banned??

I dont actually now, they didnt tell me the reason!!!

Cant wait til the race start, I am so excited.
Work Hard, Fly Right

Boeing74741R

Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:36 pm

God help us all!

B747forever

Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:37 pm

Revised Forecast

Thursday - Min: 14°C Max: 36°C

Friday - Min: 24°C Max: 38°C

Saturday - Min: 19°C Max: 37°C

Sunday - Min: 18°C Max: 37°C

Seems that it will either be a really warm race weekend, or a mild.

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 47):
God help us all!

He, he.
Work Hard, Fly Right

CupraIbiza

Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:05 pm

Thats what us long suffering F1 fans have to endure for almost all races. Even Malaysia which is only a few timezones away is put on late night. disgrace

Quoting Sudden (Reply 43):
All the drivers on the grid are very fit, but Fisi would be one of the more fittest, really.
If any, I would say Emerson junior, but again, he is most likely very fit as well.
But it has shown before that drivers that comes in to F1 have been in need of more training, and who can blame them in regards to G forces they need to carry on their neck etc.

Emerson Junior? Did you mean Nelson Junior?

Quoting B747forever (Reply 48):
Seems that it will either be a really warm race weekend, or a mild.

No that isnt really warm. Its stifling. Not sure if you have ever experienced such temperatures. Just bear in mind it will be 38c - in the shade and out of the scortching north wind that comes direct from the desert of central Australia. Sitting in the sun is unbearable - I stupidly tried it at the Australian Open a few years back on a 41c day. I got home and was suffering heat exhaustion. This week here will be unbearable.