AFKLMLHLX
Topic Author

Weather In HKG

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:54 am

So, I have been checking the weather in HKG and it hasn't rained for like three weeks. The day after I arrive (I arrive 7 PM the night before), it says it is going to rain and how it will be raining most of the next week while I am there.

Are these forecasts subject to change or is weather consistantly predicted correctly in HKG? I mean, it hasn't rained for a month and as soon as I get there it is supposed to rain. Is it an okay city in the rain?

PlymSpotter

RE: Weather In HKG

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:56 am

I can't comment about the weather as I haven't looked at forecasts, but it's well set up to get around in the rain. HKG has a rainy season, so most public walkways are covered and you can get around the city by using the metro and these walkways or other malls fairly easily without having to leave cover. Pretty useful too - because boy when it rains, it really rains over there!

Dan  Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Francoflier

Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:34 am

We have had a rainy days 'bout a week ago. It's been fine these last days though, and the temperature is finally back to acceptable levels... It's getting hazy again tonight and it'll be cloudy tomorrow, but apart from that, it'll be a fine week. Just the haze, always the haze...

When are you arriving?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

AFKLMLHLX
Topic Author

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:59 pm

I am arriving on the 15th and departing on the 22nd.

of march

Francoflier

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:45 pm

Hard to tell what the weather will be like by then. It tends to be cloudy in March but you should have some nice days. I wouldn't expect too much rain.

Just the haze... Can't get rid of it anymore.  grumpy 
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

swiftski

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:15 pm

Quoting AFKLMLHLX (Thread starter):
I mean, it hasn't rained for a month and as soon as I get there it is supposed to rain. Is it an okay city in the rain?

Quoting AFKLMLHLX (Thread starter):
So, I have been checking the weather in HKG and it hasn't rained for like three weeks.

A month, or three weeks?

Neither is true actually. It rained on 24/25th February quite heavily, at least on Lantau and in Sha Tin, plus everywhere in between.