NWADC9
Topic Author

Amtrak Washington-Rockville - Crazy?

Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:47 am

The only kinds of trains I've ridden on were subways, trams at amusement parks, and the ones in the malls. So, I figured I'd try something new on my trip to DC and instead of taking the Metro to Rockville, I take the Capitol Limited! It's obviously more expensive, but it'd be something new to try. Is it worth it, and would it even work?
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard

UN_B732

RE: Amtrak Washington-Rockville - Crazy?

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:38 am

You're insane :]; but I've done similar crazy things, like going on a long haul (Vienna to Belgrade) train from Novi Sad, Serbia to Belgrade, Serbia (it's an hour ride served by commuter trains; but there was an express coming through i hopped on and paid the conductors the extra ticket cost.. since the cashier refused to sell me a ticket.)

Looking on amtrak.com taking the capital limited from washington to rockville will cost $12.00. Not bad.

-A
What now?

Cadet57

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Quoting NWADC9 (Thread starter):
Is it worth it,

Id do it. I plan to take the Vermonter one stop wait about an hr and go back, mostly to get some extra guest rewards points.

would it even work

Why would it not?
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

tz757300

Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:00 pm

Is it worth it, and would it even work?

I don't know if it's worth it, but it certainly would work. Instead of taking the Metro there and having to stop everywhere, the train wouldn't stop anywhere and Rockville would be it's first stop.
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

seb146

Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:12 pm

Why not? People take Amtrak between Portland and Vancouver, Washington; Seattle and Tacoma or Everett all the time. Sounds fun. I would do it, too!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

phatfarmlines

Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:27 am

Does Amtrak actively advertise commuter rail lines like the VRE (Virginia Railway Express)?

and the ones in the malls

Which malls have a train system? (Assuming you are not talking the train rides designed for children.)

NWADC9
Topic Author

Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:24 am

Quoting Phatfarmlines (Reply 5):
Which malls have a train system? (Assuming you are not talking the train rides designed for children.)

Answered your own question! Granted, I was a tiny lil squirt back then Big grin
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard