RJdxer
Topic Author

Comon Edouard I Need The Rain

Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:52 am

As long as it doesn't gain too much in intensity I say bring it on. It has been very dry here in the Houston area and despite my best efforts at watering my front lawn is "crunchy". The area could use a good soaking.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080803/ap_on_re_us/tropical_weather
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

jcs17

RE: Comon Edouard I Need The Rain

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:02 am

I'm hoping we will see some of that rain in Dallas too. We could use a major cool down as we have been over 100 degrees for about two weeks, and I can't remember the last time we had a solid rainy day.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

PlymSpotter

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:30 am

Quoting RJdxer (Thread starter):
As long as it doesn't gain too much in intensity I say bring it on. It has been very dry here in the Houston area and despite my best efforts at watering my front lawn is "crunchy". The area could use a good soaking.

Get yourself to Devon - it's been raining non stop here for the last five days  grumpy 
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

RJdxer
Topic Author

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:53 am

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 2):
Get yourself to Devon - it's been raining non stop here for the last five days

Should have stayed in sunny Ukraine where the women are all beautiful until the clock chimes 30 years!  rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

PlymSpotter

Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:16 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 3):
Should have stayed in sunny Ukraine where the women are all beautiful until the clock chimes 30 years!

It started raining there too after you left  silly  You're not some sort of sun god are you - who is blessed with eternal rays?
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

RJdxer
Topic Author

Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:17 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 4):
It started raining there too after you left

rotfl   rotfl  Maybe so! I've spent an entire 2 weeks total in that country and never been rained on once.

Update on Edouard, looks as if it will become a minimal hurricane before it makes landfall sometime Tuesday. Track looks like it will come at Galveston bay from the east which is not so hot for the Kemah Boardwalk, a small amusement center on the west side of the bay, since the water will be piling up from the east. Hopefully since it will be a minor hurricane the surge will not be all that bad. I'm taking down the screen room and putting away all the outdoor furniture this morning. I've test run the generator and all is well so if the power goes out, we're set!

RJdxer
Topic Author

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Further update. Edouard has come ashore farther up the coast. Made a jog to the north in the late pm hours last night and has landed up towards Sabine Pass. It's just about 8 am and winds where I live are still pretty mild although the rain has started and is gradually picking up. Local TV has showed some transtar video shots of the the bridges crossing the ship channel and it would be an adventure crossing one of those. Continental has pre-cancelled a number of flights out of IAH today and I would imagine that even those that are still scheduled will be somewhat delayed as the strongest winds pass through the area a little later today. But I can hear my lawn sighing relief already!

Side note, what was up with Stephanie Abrahams in that green nightmare of a top last night? Comon Stephanie, the T-shirt works best IYKWIM.  wink