Topic Author

Poll - Favorite Carnival Cruise Ship Class

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:52 am

Well, as many of you know, I went on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Carnival Pride (a Spirit Class ship) last May. The experience was great!

For cruising fans here, I would like to make a poll to see what is your favorite class of ships in the Carnival fleet. For those who don't know the classes, here is the list of them:

Holiday Class - Holiday, Jubilee, Celebration. The latter two have been retired. Currently, the Holiday is the smallest ship in the Carnival fleet.

Fantasy Class - Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation, Paradise. These ships are larger than the Holiday, but smaller than the Spirit Class

Spirit Class - Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle. These ships are larger than the Fantasy Class but smaller than the Destiny Class. Of special note, these ships are actually built to Panamax form factor, allowing them to pass through the Panama Canal.

Destiny Class - Destiny, Triumph, Victory. These are larger than the Spirit Class but smaller than the Conquest Class.

Conquest Class - Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty Freedom. Basically an extended version of the Destiny Class.

Splendor - Carnival's newest ship, basically an updated Conquest Class, being slightly heavier in tonnage.

Personally, I like the Spirit Class the best. The layout is excellent, and I also like their sleek long and thin design. The main flaw with the layout of the Destiny and Conquest Class is that their dining hall is divided by a galley on the lower deck, requiring people to traverse floors in order to get from one side to another. On the Spirit Class ships, the galley is located below the dining hall on the Riviera deck.
The Pink Delta 767-400ER - The most beautiful aircraft in the sky