SNCNtry32

PC Help: Audio Driver

Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:21 am

Hi All,
Let me first off by saying I use a Mac, why? For this very reason, generally they just work.

Anyways, I keep getting an error message with Windows Vista when I install an audio driver, 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)'. It seems pretty common, but when I resinstall the drivers Vista says, The driver is up to date.

I told my boyfriend to just buy a Mac...

Any sugeestions would be wonderful!
Long Live Memphis!

austinairport

RE: PC Help: Audio Driver

Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:49 am

Hmm.. well if the driver is up to date, maybe its the new that doesn't work. You could try rolling it back. Dont know if that would take care of it. But hell it's worth a shot.  Smile
Whoever said you can do anything you set your mind to has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door!!!

AverageUser

RE: PC Help: Audio Driver

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Quoting SNCntry32 (Thread starter):
'This device cannot start. (Code 10)'.

You may be using an incompatible driver. If it is not an exact match against your hardware, the driver will appear to load, but the device will not initialize itself. This is a common problem with the "standard" AC97 sound hardware. You'll need to find the exact type of the computer motherboard or sound card, and visit the manufacturer for the latest drivers. Naturally, a hardware failure cannot be excluded.