drgreen757

Death Row Inmate Too Fat For Execution

Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:33 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,397082,00.html

Apparently he's on a drug that could diminish the effect of thiopental, the drug used to put him to sleep before he's executed. He's worried he could go thru excruciating pain. Poor baby! What about the two students he raped and murdered. I say drag him out behind the shed and put a bullit in his head. I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for people like this.
Save the grey ghosts.

MCOflyer

RE: Death Row Inmate Too Fat For Execution

Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:44 pm

I have another solution. Drum roll please. The electric chair is your friend for this mission.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

AirCop

Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:13 pm

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 1):
I have another solution. Drum roll please. The electric chair is your friend for this mission.

No you don't..
For your information the electric chair is not a option in Ohio. On November 15, 2001, Governor Bob Taft signed House Bill 362 eliminating the electric chair as a form of execution. The only method of execution in Ohio is lethal injection.

And on top of that Ohio has dismantled their old electric chair eight years ago. From an Ohio DOC website: On February 26, 2002, Ohio’s electric chair, nicknamed "Old Sparky," was decommissioned and disconnected from service.

Besides at this guys height and weight be might not fit into the chair.

OB1504

Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:24 pm

Too bad, fatty.  devil 

Doesn't the prison have exercise facilities and whatnot? If he didn't want to suffer during his execution, then he should've taken better care of himself.

victrola

Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:28 pm

I think it is the prison's responsibility to get him on a diet and workout regimen so that he is in tip top shape for his execution. Let's face it, execution can be a stressful process and the better shape you are in the better you will be to handle it.

I would recommend a good cardio program. Get that heart pumping so that the poison will flow quickly to vital body parts. Weight training would also be a good supliment to the cardio program. You need to get those big muscles with the bulging veins. This assures accurate needle placement.

AirCop

Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:32 pm

Quoting OB1504 (Reply 3):
Doesn't the prison have exercise facilities and whatnot?

The growing trend in this country is that death row inmate are locked in single person cells for 24 hours a day, with perhaps 3 hours a week for exercise and shower etc. I should add, the exercise area is a basically a small pen that is able to hold one person.

In my county as soon as the judge signs the paperwork, the inmate is put in a vehicle and transported to the state pen in Florence, Arizona.

[Edited 2008-08-04 13:34:55]

MD11Engineer

Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:49 pm

The Russians had less problems with this issue:
One corner in a prison court yard with a stack of sandbags, two guard to hold the prisoner in a kneeling position, one guard with a pistol and one bullet.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

Blackprojects

Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:23 pm

Yes the Russians always did know the Quickest way of removing a Problem having lots of Practice from the CZAR and then the Comuinst Party.

I.S.STALIN refined the art of Execution to a fine point but he got carried away and in the end he was rumored to have been Executed by one of his own.

"What goes around comes around"

old 

goboeing

Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:25 pm

Lack of food kills, too. Plus it's free!

Jpax

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Quoting Drgreen757 (Thread starter):
Poor baby! What about the two students he raped and murdered.

Totally agree. He doesn't want to have ouchies for a few seconds while he dies? Poor thing, maybe he should have thought about that as he raped and then murdered the girls. Even worse is that his case has gotten this far. He should be given only the minimal amounts to survive and then once at a sufficient weight, stick him. Rather, have the executioner prod around first and miss the vein a few times, then get it right.

AirCop

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:41 pm

If anyone here ever have the opportunity to visit death row in your state..do it, you'll gain some real insight.

LTU932

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:48 pm

Just increase the drug dosage before the actual execution and that's it. If the guy is concerned about feeling pain while getting executed, he should have never commited a capital crime in the first place.  Yeah sure

Personally, I say bring on the firing squad.

aaflt1871

Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:32 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 11):
Just increase the drug dosage before the actual execution and that's it. If the guy is concerned about feeling pain while getting executed, he should have never commited a capital crime in the first place.

Fuck it easy solution,

Let Richard run his fat ass into the ground.
Where did everybody go?

CO7e7

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:10 am

say drag him out behind the shed and put a bullit in his head.

I second that....

ltbewr

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:29 am

Maybe they could make him excercise to death and be a little slow with the EMT's. With his fattness, and the junk prison food is, his heart may not last long. It would sure save the state money and probably get him dead sooner than the execution process.

JAGflyer

Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:37 am

Speaking of Mr. Cooey, there was a special on his case on A&E's American Justice.
Support the beer and soda can industry, your recycle old airplanes!

AirStairs

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:26 am

Apparently he's on a drug that could diminish the effect of thiopental, the drug used to put him to sleep before he's executed. He's worried he could go thru excruciating pain.

Let's get him off the drug. I can't imagine it is critical to his short term survival, and the long term does not exist in his case. Problem solved as long as I'm aware. Blood levels of the medicine would be negligent in a matter of days or week at most.

Quoting AirCop (Reply 10):
If anyone here ever have the opportunity to visit death row in your state..do it, you'll gain some real insight.

This I can agree with. While I have not been, my high school held a weeklong ethics forum every year, and once was on the death penalty. Brought in law enforcement, lawyers, politicians, victim's families, clergy, activists, professors, you name it. The only real answer to the debate is that there isn't a simple or categorically right one.

ual757

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:31 am

God this country!

Just put an effing bullet in his brain! Or better yet torture him to no end! I have no sympathy for these people.

Civil rights for criminals my arse!!!!!!!!

Blackprojects

Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:14 am

The Answer is Simple Bring in Madame Guillotine Its Quick so long as the Blade is heavy and sharp or so the french found out.

old 

Animal rights people complain about testing on Animals why not do it on Deathrow inmates.

kappel

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:24 pm

Quoting Victrola (Reply 4):
execution can be a stressful process

Now there's an understatement.

I'm completely against the death penalty anyway. Too many convicts are proven to be innocent. And to me, if one person is wrongfully executed, the whole death penalty should be abolished. Life in prison is severe punishment enough.

And don't forget, life in prison is actually less expensive than the death penalty too. This has been proven in various studies. Another reason to be against it.
L1011,733,734,73G,738,743,744,752,763,772,77W,DC855,DC863,DC930,DC950,MD11,MD88,306,319,320,321,343,346,ARJ85,CR7,E195

luv2fly

Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:51 pm

Being in Ohio this is getting a fair amount of coverage. I say he should go for his crimes and go quickly. If he does actually feel something then all the better for the families of the murdered girls.
You can cut the irony with a knife

planewasted

Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Can't they use him instead of chickens in a GE90 bird ingestion test?
Or just shoot him, how much can that cost? 10$?

Blackprojects

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:03 pm

1 $1 for the Bullet how much to clean up afterwards?

GE90 Ingestion Test Hmmmm Dont think the GE90 is Certified for Igesting over weight Killers

iflyatldl

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Wasn't there a prisoner back a few years ago, due to his extensive drug use/ shooting up, his veins were deemed unsuitable for injection, so they had to install ports just before his execution? I want to say it was in Florida......
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

keesje

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:49 pm

I tried to come up with some brainless right wing power statement beating you'll.

However I'm not good it it. .

In Europe everybody stopped doing dead penalty many decades ago.

Crime is low.

Like in the US in China dead penalty is seen as an effective tool against crime.

They use bullets too. Brilliant minds think alike I guess.
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

DocLightning

Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:20 pm

My view is that if we are going to execute people, we should do it by heroin overdose.

You can't argue that the condemned feels any pain other than the needle stick. The last thing he'll feel is a wave of the most amazing pleasure.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

CO7e7

Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:46 pm

Quoting Kappel (Reply 19):
And don't forget, life in prison is actually less expensive than the death penalty too

That's because they're on death row appealing and wasting tax payers money for 20 years.

After the first appeal, the sentence should be carried out. End of story.

SlamClick

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:06 pm

Life in prison is severe punishment enough.

You only think that because you don't understand the career criminal. Charles Manson greatly preferred to be "inside" where drugs and sex were easier and cheaper to get. Unless you want a society where we all labor to give these subhumans what their hearts desire most the cost of prisons would increase a thousandfold. You would have to construct them so that there is no contact whatever between inmates.

Prisons take money away from other social programs. The death penalty may be flawed but it is infinitely less flawed than any scheme anyone has ever suggested for keeping the unworthy alive at taxpayer expense.

Perhaps Joe Arpaio might have some suggestions but the rest of us are just full of crap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

LTU932

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:00 pm

Quoting PlaneWasted (Reply 21):
Can't they use him instead of chickens in a GE90 bird ingestion test?
Or just shoot him, how much can that cost? 10$?

I don't know if this is true or just a hollywood myth, but in China, when someone gets executed, they send the bullet to the family of the person who was executed.

That being said, if you people insist on the death penalty being banned, at least re-introduce physical punishment for people who were sentenced to life without parole; just introduce something like they do in Singapore, with whips and canes.

AircraftGeek

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:21 pm

Apparently he's on a drug that could diminish the effect of thiopental, the drug used to put him to sleep before he's executed.

What about simple, plain, cyanide capsules?
Nothing is fool-proof given a sufficiently skilled fool

Starbuk7

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:42 pm

And don't forget, life in prison is actually less expensive than the death penalty too. This has been proven in various studies. Another reason to be against it.

I don't see how it is cheaper to keep someone locked up for 30 to 50 years while taxpayers cover the costs of feeding, clothing, sheltering etc. vice taking them out after one appeal and executing them.

Do you have a link to these studies??

Phoenix9

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:46 pm

Quoting AircraftGeek (Reply 29):

That will be too easy! For guys like him I suggest the following:

Make him eat all he wants but block (read: sew shut) his a$shole. The issue will resolve itself in few days.  bomb   scared 
Life only makes sense when you look at it backwards.

MD11Engineer

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:47 pm

I've got mixed feelings about the whole death penalty issue.
Emotionaly I fullyfeel that some, especially sadist style, violent crimes, or cold blooded, planned murders, reward the highest possible punishment.
For example I fully agree with the death sentences and subsequent executions of the Nazi war criminals.
Also certain organuised crime killings IMO deserve the capital punishment, especially since the killers in this case plan their crime ahead.
On the other hand, most murders are carried out on the spur of a moment, e.g. as a crime of passion or through a psychological pathological abnormality of the criminal. In this instance the criminal will not stop and logically think about what will happen to him until after the crime has been done.
In these cases capital punishment looses it's preventive function.

Still I'd like to make life for this type of criminals "hell on earth" e.g. by having a Gulag style prison in the middle of nowhere.

China is a bad example btw., because of several reasons:

1) Justice in China is not predictable. Up to recently most provincial judges had no judical training, most were retired military officers, who only knew the militarycode of justice, basically martial law and tended to use extremely harsh measures (though since a few months ago. all death sentences issued by the provincial courts have to be verified bythe high court in Beijing, many death sentences have been cashiered due to technical and procedural errors, the number of executions has dramatically dropped since then).
Also, justice in China depends on if there is a campaign at the moment against a certain type of crime, if yes the judges and justice authorities have orders to be extremely harsh, with public executions and parading the convicts through town before the execution to appear "hard against crime". Outside these campaigns the defendant's claims will be checked more thoroughly, since the judges and prosecutorsare then not that much under pressure to deliver verdicts.

2) The judical system in China is corrupt. If you are wellconnected, with friends and family in the party hierarchy, you canget away with almost anything.

3) Many crimes, which in most other countries would only be punished by short prison terms, like monetary crimes (embezzlement, tax fraud, non-violent theft in repeat cases etc.) or small drug offenses are punishable with death. Again, punishment is quite abitrary.

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 28):
I don't know if this is true or just a hollywood myth, but in China, when someone gets executed, they send the bullet to the family of the person who was executed.

Not the bullet, but a bill for the cost of the bullet. The Nazis did more or less the same. The family was billed for the costs of the execution.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 25):
My view is that if we are going to execute people, we should do it by heroin overdose.

You can't argue that the condemned feels any pain other than the needle stick. The last thing he'll feel is a wave of the most amazing pleasure.

I don't think an execution should look like a medical procedure. Sure, it pacifies the people witnessing it or carrying it out, but there is something fundamentaly different between anaestecising somebody on an operating table for surgery or and execution.

If somebody HAS to be executed, and it should be the absolute ultimate punishment, it should be fast, reasonably painless (not hanging and quartering, tying on the wheel or burning at the stake or other medieval methods of execution) and definite, but not like the injections in the US.

It should also be very clear that the convict was, at the time of the crime, fully aware of what he was doing and legally responsible.

Personally, for non ultimate crimes, I prefer a lifetime Gulag style prison in the middle of nowhere, a modern oubliette.

Jan.

LTU932

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:50 pm

Quoting AircraftGeek (Reply 29):

You'd have to combine it with a shot to the head for it to reach full effectiveness, but otherwise, not a bad idea.  Wink Cyanide works pretty much instantly.

bristolflyer

Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:47 pm

Quoting Starbuk7 (Reply 30):
I don't see how it is cheaper to keep someone locked up for 30 to 50 years while taxpayers cover the costs of feeding, clothing, sheltering etc. vice taking them out after one appeal and executing them.

Ever heard of lying with statistics? I've got a feeling these studies were put together by some serious anti capital punishment believers.

Another reason to be against it.

Hmmm  scratchchin 

If he is unequivocally guilty of these horrendous crimes the fat guy should get what's coming to him (be it by injection, chair, bullet, dynamite, faked industrial accident etc).
Fortune favours the brave

kappel

Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:46 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 27):
Prisons take money away from other social programs. The death penalty may be flawed but it is infinitely less flawed than any scheme anyone has ever suggested for keeping the unworthy alive at taxpayer expense.

Again, it's cheaper on society to imprison somebody for life rather that put them on death row.

Quoting Starbuk7 (Reply 30):

A simple google search resulted in lots of links, like this one:
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/COcosttestimony.pdf
a few quotes:
Quote:
There is no dispute that the death penalty is expensive. Of course, sentencing
someone to life in prison is also very expensive. But death penalty costs are accrued upfront, especially at trial and for the early appeals, while life-in-prison costs are spread
out over many decades. A million dollars spent today is a lot more costly to the state
than a million dollars that can be paid gradually over 40 years.

Quote:
Death penalty cases are clearly more expensive at every stage of the judicial
process than similar non-death cases. Everything that is needed for an ordinary trial is
needed for a death penalty case, only more so

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 31):

I don't, like I said before, if even one person is wrongfully executed, and that has happened way too often, than that is enough for me to abolish the death sentence.

It's funny that the US is about the only western civilization that has the death penalty. It's also the western nation with one of the highest crime rates. So how effective is the death penalty really? IMHO, it not effective at all, in fact it shows your citizens that killing somebody is justifiable.

Edited to add link

[Edited 2008-08-06 01:00:10]

[Edited 2008-08-06 01:01:53]
L1011,733,734,73G,738,743,744,752,763,772,77W,DC855,DC863,DC930,DC950,MD11,MD88,306,319,320,321,343,346,ARJ85,CR7,E195

connies4ever

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:28 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 28):

A long-standing tradition was to make the prisoner's family _pay_ for the bullet.

But once again I see the great majority of the posts in this thread reflect a juvenile (relatively speaking) lust for _revenge_ , plain and simple. Check out the profiles of those who want to block his anus or whatever.

A bigger issue is that once again the United States will be seen to have thumbed its' nose at an international treaty it signed quite some time ago, denying the now deceased access to whatever support the Mexican government might have been able to provide. This would almost certainly not have changed the guilty verdict, but might have changed the penalty. It is also possible Mr Medellin might have been sent back to Mexico to serve there, an therefore be off Texas' hands. That is all moot now.

The people who will ultimately pay the price for the Texas state government showing its' true cowboy colours are Americans abroad charged with crimes who increasingly will be denied access to American embassy/consulate assistance, and will end up serving lengthy prison sentences in Malaysia, or Thailand, or Indonesia, or some other attractive spot, or end up swinging from a rope. You could call it "The Medellin Effect".
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

connies4ever

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:33 am

My bad. all. I meant to post to the Medillin thread. Only had 1 cup of coffee so far.

But my comments about revenge are still applicable.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

baroque

Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:43 pm

Quoting Connies4ever (Reply 36):
thread reflect a juvenile (relatively speaking) lust for _revenge_ , plain and simple

Agree in general Connies, except you might be a bit hard on juveniles there.  Wow!

Quoting Connies4ever (Reply 36):
will end up serving lengthy prison sentences in Malaysia, or Thailand, or Indonesia, or some other attractive spot, or end up swinging from a rope. You could call it "The Medellin Effect".

bigthumbsup  Might have been accidental, but highly apposite nevertheless. Except the smilie could be  thumbsdown 

SlamClick

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:00 pm

Quoting Kappel (Reply 35):
Again, it's cheaper on society to imprison somebody for life rather that put them on death row.

That is one of those lies that goes unquestioned all the time.

Of course it is not true. Killing them costs very little, chump change in fact. It is the preposterous appeal process that keeps them alive on death row for ten or twenty years that is expensive and people like you show no shame whatever in incorporating THOSE costs into the "cost of executing" a prisoner.

Now that you've been told that, and you've thought it over and realized the truth of it, I'm sure you will acknowledge that truth and have enough respect for truth to stop spreading that untruth and to stop others when they do.

kappel

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:13 pm

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 39):
Now that you've been told that, and you've thought it over and realized the truth of it, I'm sure you will acknowledge that truth and have enough respect for truth to stop spreading that untruth and to stop others when they do.

Have you even bothered to read the article I provided? I have provided evidence onm my perspective, now let me see you provide evidence on yours.

In the mean time, lose the attitude.

Blackprojects

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Maybe Spend some more Tax Payers money and give him Lippo Suction that would Slim him down real fast.

Would probably be classed as Cruel and Un Usual Punishment Along With the Guilotine and Beheading with an AXE which both dont involve using Needles to put the Client to Sleep!

SlamClick

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:31 pm

Quoting Kappel (Reply 40):
I have provided evidence onm my perspective, now let me see you provide evidence on yours.

The "attitude" is warranted. I've been hearing that lie spread by people for forty years and I'm tired of it going unchallenged. I hate lies even in the service of a good cause.

It needs no "evidence" and you cannot hide behind that debate tactic. It is OBVIOUSLY TRUE. It is an AXIOM.

Of course it costs tons of money to keep inmates locked up for ten, fifteen, twenty years to death row security standards while the public pays for the appeals. But let's keep it simple.

DO YOU DENY that the costs of protracted appeals are incorporated into the "cost" of executing prisoners?

Dougloid

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Quoting Keesje (Reply 24):
They use bullets too. Brilliant minds think alike I guess.

We did away with the death penalty in 1964, and we've never looked back here. A life without parole sentence here is death on the installment plan, and sitting on your ass for sixty years in Fort Madison is not my idea of coddling criminals.

Parenthetically this only works if "life without parole" really means "life without parole." In this state, only 2 or 3 people have had their sentences commuted.

The reason why it works is that the appeal process is truncated, and there are no expensive trips through the federal system.

Consider the case of Joe White, an 18 year old junior thug. In the winter of 1992, he walked into a local restaurant, hauled out a stolen pistol, held the place up and after cleaning out the register shot the manager and another person to death. It must have been a helluva bang, because what Joe was carrying was a LAR Grizzly, an automatic that shoots a large, unique caliber cartridge. It was stolen from his girlfriend's father. Also, only a few hundred had been made. The father was a handloader who had spent casings from the pistol, and there were spent casings at the crime scene and behind Joe's apartment where he test fired his stolen cannon.

Joe was tried, convicted, had his appeal as of right to the state supreme court which turned it over to the court of appeals, it was denied, he had his post conviction review petition denied and that was that. It didn't take long and it didn't cost all that much either.

On the other hand, merely trying a death penalty case is frightfully expensive, let alone the appeals process. With the money you save, you could buy an annuity, preserve the capital, and feed the guy on $5 worth of hot dogs forever.

I think that maybe Fort Madison is a little too nice. I'd ship him and all the rest of his crew to Attu or Kiska and let them rot,

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/script...l=app%5C20000315%5C97-1735&invol=1
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

kappel

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 42):
The "attitude" is warranted.

no 

DO YOU DENY that the costs of protracted appeals are incorporated into the "cost" of executing prisoners?

Again, have you read the article?
First, no, I do not deny that the cost of appeals is included. But then, that is part of the legal system. Of course we can throw all due process out the window and just shoot every suspect on site, now THAT would be cheap. But we live in a civilized society.

Appeals are part of the process. Too many times has it been proven that inmates have received the death sentence when they were actually innocent.

The article also states that the entire trial is much more expensive than a trial where the death sentence is not sought. Also, Death Row itself is a very expensive instittution.

From the article I provided:

Quote:
The most comprehensive study conducted in this country found that the death
penalty costs North Carolina $2.16 million per execution over the costs of a nondeath
penalty system imposing a maximum sentence of imprisonment for life.9
These findings are sensitive to the number of executions the state carries out.
However, the authors noted that even if the death penalty were 100% efficient, i.e.,
if every death sentence resulted in an execution, the extra costs to the taxpayers
would still be $216,000 per execution.

Quote:
In Texas, the Dallas Morning News concluded that a death penalty case costs an
average of $2.3 million, about three times the cost of imprisoning someone in a
single cell at the highest security level for 40 years

It needs no "evidence" and you cannot hide behind that debate tactic.

That's the easy way out, claiming no evidence is needed. You need the entire picture, including the trials, appeals, costs of incarceration and the cost of the execution itself.

MD11Engineer

Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:21 pm

Quoting Dougloid (Reply 43):
I think that maybe Fort Madison is a little too nice. I'd ship him and all the rest of his crew to Attu or Kiska and let them rot,

That's my idea as well, like Devil's Island in the 1930s.

Personally, for non ultimate crimes, I prefer a lifetime Gulag style prison in the middle of nowhere, a modern oubliette.

Quoting Kappel (Reply 35):

I don't, like I said before, if even one person is wrongfully executed, and that has happened way too often, than that is enough for me to abolish the death sentence.

As I said before, if an execution is necessary (and it should be the absolute exemption), the evidence has to be airtight. And it should be reserved for coldblooded, planned acts of murder or conspiracy for murder, like the Nazi genocide crimes.

Jan

DocLightning

Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:23 pm

Of course they are. Now, Slam, have you any idea how many people have come off Death Row because an appeal has found that the court ignored important (often DNA) evidence that meant that they could not possibly have committed the crime?

The problem with death isn't the death, per se. I would probably support it if guilt could be proven 100% of the time in all capital cases. However, you can never prove guilt 100%.

That's why I oppose capital punishment.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Dougloid

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 46):

Of course they are. Now, Slam, have you any idea how many people have come off Death Row because an appeal has found that the court ignored important (often DNA) evidence that meant that they could not possibly have committed the crime?

Yes. Since it has been in existence the Innocence Project has exonerated about two hundred people, many of whom were in prison for crimes not meriting the death penalty.
So can you tell me how many?
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

baroque

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:26 am

Those advocating the "bullit" solution should write to the Indonesian government as the Bali bombers have lodged a new appeal based on the proposition that being shot by a firing squad with bullets (actually, what will come out of the Indonesian senjata will be peluru) is not immediately fatal and thus consititutes a form of cruel punishment. I am sure the Government of Indonesia would be pleased to know that bullits will solve their problem.

Blackprojects

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:43 am

Dont Shoot those Monsters feed them to a White Pointer (Great White Shark) or a Salt Water Crocodile as the Ancient Egyptians used to do for Very bad crimes they chucked the Bad boys and girls into a tank full of Crocks No Waste no mess.
 old