luv2fly

Finally Deroit Mayor Ordered To Jail

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:13 pm

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/17120142/detail.html

It is about time.

This clown is a real piece of work. Coleman A. Young would be proud.

[Edited 2008-08-07 08:14:38]
You can cut the irony with a knife

luv2fly

RE: Finally Deroit Mayor Ordered To Jail

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:54 pm

Maybe he will make new friends and find some future employees, he likes to be surrounded by thugs.

FOMEA

Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:05 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Thread starter):
It is about time.

That is where "Maya Playa" belongs..Nice try on acting above the law.Keep him there for the weekend.
I personally cant wait for more lights to be shed on the Tamara Greene case.
On the internet you can be anything you want..its strange so many choose to be Stupid.

slider

Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:09 pm

What an idiot!

All he had to do was have someone on his staff notify the court of a trip to Canada. When his office can't even handle simple travel plans and communications as terms of a bond, they're ALL incompetent.

And Kilpatrick's speech was grammatically incorrect too.

jetjack74

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:22 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 1):
Maybe he will make new friends

Maybe he'll find a new girlfriend to trade sexy text messages with
Made from jets!

itsjustme

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Thread starter):
Finally Deroit Mayor Ordered To Jail

Not enough. There's still that assault on a deputy and obstruction of justice incident that has yet to be addressed. Interesting how the judge didn't waste any time jailing the mayor for violating his court order yet a an assault on a police officer gets put on a back burner. I guess throwing a law enforcement officer off a porch and breaking his hip in the process isn't as important to Judge Giles as taking a 45 minute trip over to Ontario.

dtwclipper

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:09 pm

I am a huge booster of Southeast Michigan. I love the area, my friends and family are here, and all in all I still love living here. But jeez Kwami, what are you doing? Every good thing you and the people of Detroit have done to improve our image, you have taken 100 steps backwards and nullified it all, making us look like fools again!

Thanks Kwami.

Be a gentleman and go, go now before it gets worse!
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

WA707atMSP

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm glad to see Kwame is going to jail, but it's a shame it happened today.

Reporters from all over the world are in town for the PGA Championship, which starts today at Oakland Hills Country Club. Now, their columns will carry all kinds of snide comments about Detroit. Another public relations black eye for a city that needs all the help it can get.

Also, does anyone else find his story about visiting Windsor "to sell the tunnel" just a little bit questionable? Given his track record, I think it's possible he could have been going there to visit some of the "dancing" establishments Windsor is famous for......

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 6):
I love the area, my friends and family are here, and all in all I still love living here.

Even though I no longer live in the Detroit area, I agree with you 100%. My home is in Minnesota, but my heart will always be in Birmingham  Smile
Seaholm Maples are #1!

dtwclipper

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:57 pm

Quoting WA707atMSP (Reply 7):
Reporters from all over the world are in town for the PGA Championship, which starts today at Oakland Hills Country Club. Now, their columns will carry all kinds of snide comments about Detroit. Another public relations black eye for a city that needs all the help it can get.

Spot on! What should have been a great weekend in S.E. Michigan has been eclipsed by that great flushing sound coming from South of 8 Mile!

dtwclipper

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Uh oh, just got worse.

WDIV is reporting that MI attorney General will file 1 county Felony and 1 count obstruction of justice.

itsjustme

Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 5):
Not enough. There's still that assault on a deputy and obstruction of justice incident that has yet to be addressed.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 9):
WDIV is reporting that MI attorney General will file 1 county Felony and 1 count obstruction of justice.

Wow, who wudda thunk the MI AG is an Anet reader?

stasisLAX

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:53 pm

Kilpatrick is now a goner. The Governor is going to hold a hearing to remove the Mayor from office.

"Gov. Jennifer Granholm's office says a hearing on a request to remove Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick from office will be held Sept. 3 in Detroit. The announcement Thursday signals Granholm intends to follow through with the hearing. She previously had said one would be held only if necessary. Granholm will preside over the hearing."

Good riddance - Kilpatrick has done far too much damage to Detroit.  wave 

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/17124796/detail.html
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

LHboyatDTW

Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:06 am

So he's done the following lately:

one felony charge for assaulting a deputy officer

one charge of obstruction of justice

arrested for leaving the state (during the PGA championship no less!)

Sept. 3 hearing by gov. Granholm on his possible removal from office

in a nutshell he's screwed!

I pray that his replacement will actually do something right for once.  pray 
The air in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious because it's the same the angels breathe.

ltbewr

Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:52 am

Any removal process, especially from the mainly White state government leadership on a Black mayor, will be extreme tricky due to the racial issues. Still, this fools alleged crimes are so beyond acceptable that should resign if he had any common sense. Recently the Feds convicted and sent to jail the former and Black mayor Newark, NJ for his criminal behaviors/corruption when he was in office.

dtwclipper

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:16 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 13):

Any removal process, especially from the mainly White state government leadership on a Black mayor

I thought that too, but I think even his constituents know now that this is not a race issue.

tb727

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:52 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 14):

I thought that too, but I think even his constituents know now that this is not a race issue.

Plus a Felony disqualifies him from being Mayor.

Bye bye King Kwame!
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!

dtwclipper

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:37 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 13):
Any removal process, especially from the mainly White state government leadership on a Black mayor, will be extreme tricky due to the racial issues

Breaking:

An African-American Judge, Thomas Jackson, has released Kwami from jail, with a high cash
$50K bond an an electronic tether and no travel what so ever.

dtwclipper

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:47 pm

And now, Michigan Atty. Gen. Mike Cox has filed a felony warrant charging 2 felony assualts.

FOMEA

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:06 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 16):
electronic tether and no travel what so ever.

Who needs a tether when you have Steve Wilson??  Wink

What an embarrassment, he really needs to step down.
On the internet you can be anything you want..its strange so many choose to be Stupid.

itsjustme

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:16 pm

What a great day for the City of Detroit. Mayor Kilpatrick will post $50K at the Wayne County Jail and then be immediately taken into custody on the newly issued, 2 count felony arrest warrant just issued by the MI Atty. General.

AirCop

Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Just curious, in Michigan if you're out on bond on a felony and you get charged with a new felony that occurs after the first one, does that mean you're non-bondable?
From the article
"In almost 20 years as a prosecutor and now as attorney general, I cannot recall one case where someone has assaulted a police officer who was attempting to serve a subpoena," Cox said. - This AG doesn't get out much does he.

itsjustme

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:29 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 20):
"In almost 20 years as a prosecutor and now as attorney general, I cannot recall one case where someone has assaulted a police officer who was attempting to serve a subpoena," Cox said. - This AG doesn't get out much does he.

Yeah, I was watching the AG's press conference live on the web and that comment had me scratching my head, too. He even repeated it a second time for effect. I was waiting for him to clarify it by adding something about a sitting Mayor being the suspect but that caveat never came.

You're right AirCop, this AG has lived a sheltered life.

dtwclipper

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:11 pm

Uh oh, it could get even worse.

WXYZ reports that KK's trip to Windsor wasn't his only trip to Canada.

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick may have taken a trip to a Niagara Falls water park days before the Canada trip that put him in jail for violating his bail conditions, according to the Windsor Star.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story...a2262e-af12-4afc-8d0a-078337531f1e

If this is true, I suspect KK will be back in the Wayne County lock up

DocLightning

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:19 pm

Quoting WA707atMSP (Reply 7):
Even though I no longer live in the Detroit area, I agree with you 100%. My home is in Minnesota, but my heart will always be in Birmingham

boggled   crazy   eek   vomit   yuck   yuck   yuck 

I was born and raised in Bloomfield Township (Long Lake & Telegraph). Went to Andover HS.

I will never live there again. And there are many others who feel that way, which is why my mother can't seem to sell her house, no matter how low she cuts the price.

Detroit is dead.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

stratosphere

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:47 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 16):
An African-American Judge, Thomas Jackson, has released Kwami from jail, with a high cash
$50K bond an an electronic tether and no travel what so ever.

No surprise here...I wish our Mayor for life in Memphis Willie Herrington father of multiple children from multiple women could get thrown in the slammer. Obviously he an educated man does not differ much from the common problems and practices than plague the african american community.

itsjustme

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:06 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 23):
I was born and raised in Bloomfield Township (Long Lake & Telegraph). Went to Andover HS.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 23):
Detroit is dead.

Your Detroit/Michigan bashing is getting old. What does growing up in Bloomfield Township and going to school in the rather affluent Bloomfield Hills school district have to do with Detroit? I grew up in Royal Oak but that doesn't give me the right to bash Detroit (working for the city, however, does). So, I am curious - how does growing up in a rather well-to-do suburban area that's about 25 miles north of the inner-city, give you the right to bash Detroit?

luv2fly

Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:04 pm

I grew up in Livonia, MI. I remember Detroit before the riots and then Detroit after the riots. It is sad to see what it has become.