lincoln

Ideas: Art W Luggage Tags

Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:56 pm

I've been collecting my luggage tags (i.e. the barcoded ones applies by the airport, not the ones with my contact info) and, to a lesser extent, boarding passes, for the past couple years.

Right now they're all sitting in a box looking kind of sad, but now that I'm finally finished doing heavy work on my house and need furniture and stuff for the walls I was thinking it could turn into a kind of cool project... I just can't figure out what would look the coolest.

Any ideas?

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

kmh1956

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:32 pm

Not quite the same, but many years ago my boyfriend of that time and I decided to paper one kitchen wall with menus from various restaurants we'd dined at. Looked pretty good, too....
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

mbmbos

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:45 pm

If you overlapped them fairly closely, anchor them on one end and let the other flap free, you might be able to develop a bit of a shaggy look. It might look interesting on a lampshade or as a piece of wall art. Or a skirt!

LASoctoberB6

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:56 pm

I've been doing the same. I just want to keep the passes and tags in the condition I got them. I like to remember my dates and things like that.. I can't stand when they're ripped and what not..
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

hawaiian717

Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:05 pm

It's not really any sort of art, but for those who are just looking for a better way to keep their boarding passes (or whatever) organized, I thought I'd mention what I do with my boarding passes. I put them in a photo album, the kind with the slightly sticky stiff paper back and clear film cover (not the kind where you slide the photo in, as they won't stay in). I have them in date order. This way I can flip through them when I want to look back through them.

If it's just the stub I can fit 9 on a page; if the boarding pass is full size I can get three on a page.

[Edited 2008-08-15 15:06:06]