JetBlueGuy2006
Topic Author

Does Michelle Obama Try To Follow Hillary Clinton?

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:37 pm

Watching Michelle Obama's speech last night, it got me wondering. If Barack does win in November; which I think isn't a sure thing...does Michelle Obama try to do what Hillary did after he is done after either 4-8 years? Does she try to run for the Senate from Illinois and maybe the Presidency?

Thoughts?
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

Superfly

RE: Does Michelle Obama Try To Follow Hillary Clinton?

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:43 pm

I don't mean to be a smart a$$ but I think you may need to hire a fortune teller to find these answers.
Bring back the Concorde

tsaord

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:58 am

MIchelle Obama as President?? No lol.
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

Mir

Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:39 am

My guess would be no - she's not that type of person. But:

Quoting Superfly (Reply 1):
I don't mean to be a smart a$$ but I think you may need to hire a fortune teller to find these answers.

checkmark  Can we get through the 2008 election before we start talking about what might happen in 2024, 2028 or 2032?

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ltbewr

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:47 am

Simple answer - NO. I don't think she is interested in being a politican personaly. Still, on the assumption Barrack wins and serves 1 or hopefully 2 terms, she can be a person of great influence and make a lot of money for a lot less risk and hassle in a wide range of opportunies outside of politics. That can include making speeches, being on boards of Fortune 500 corporations, involvement with Black organizations and so on.

johnboy

Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:41 am

I can't see it at this point, although she certainly has the intellectual chops and charisma for it. However, whether she has a political beast inside her remains to be seen.

It'll be interesting to see how she develops down the road. Right now i'm sure all she's thinking about is raising a family (oh yeah, and that whole election thing, lol).

Who knows? Stranger things have happened....*cough, coughRonaldReagan/Arnold Schwarzeneggercough, cough*

Interesting question though!  Smile

KPDX

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Quoting Johnboy (Reply 5):
I can't see it at this point, although she certainly has the intellectual chops and charisma for it. However, whether she has a political beast inside her remains to be seen.

It'll be interesting to see how she develops down the road. Right now i'm sure all she's thinking about is raising a family (oh yeah, and that whole election thing, lol).

Who knows? Stranger things have happened....*cough, coughRonaldReagan/Arnold Schwarzeneggercough, cough*

Interesting question though!

So you start a whole thread about your un-hideable dislike for Cindy McCain and then blush for Michelle Obama.  biting   banghead 
View my aviation videos on Youtube by searching for zildjiandrummr12

johnboy

Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Yeah pretty much.

Does that bother you? It certainly seems to bother several folks on here! LOL

mt99

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:07 pm

Tim Gunn's take on the potential First Lady's Style..

"At the Tide and Downey's Fashion Care launch in NYC, Tim said, " No contest, Michelle. She epitomizes class and American style."

And he didn't stop there! If McCain's elected, he may need to hire Tim as Cindy's stylist. He says, "Cindy, on the other hand, with her button-down suits and blouses, looks like she's duct-taped. Her fashion is a metaphor for her personality."

http://style.hollyscoop.com/fashion-...e-obama-over-cindy-mccain_804.aspx

hehe duct tape...
Step into my office, baby

N1120A

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:17 pm

Michelle Obama has little in common with Hillary beyond being an extremely intelligentstrong minded lawyer.

Hillary's biggest role model has always been Eleanor Roosevelt and her role as a political wife was molded after her. Michelle Obama has drawn a lot of Jackie Kennedy comparisons, and her role is likely to be more like hers, if a bit more influential on her husband's policy. In fact, I think Michelle Obama may just be what wins this election for Barack Obama.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss