luv2cattlecall

P.Diddy: "I Can't Afford Private Jet Fuel"

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:40 am

Great video due to high amounts of irony... Apparently P.Diddy or whatever his latest name is can't afford the $200,000 r/ts from NYC-LAX in a private jet, so he's forced to fly in the slaveship conditions that adorn AA's first class.

Best line is when he asks his "Saudia Arabian brothas and sisters" to send him some free oil

Warning on the video: NFBSK

(Mods: wasn't sure if this belonged in Non-Av or Civ.Av..but it involved an airplane and AA so I put it in Civil Aviation)

pilotntrng

RE: P.Diddy: "I Can't Afford Private Jet Fuel"

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:49 am

Gas prices to high for a man that makes more money in a week than most people make in a lifetime. This is just gross immaturity and lack of decency. If I ever meet this douchebag, I will shove a dollar bill up his nose and say this is for your private jet.
Booooo Lois, Yaaaa Beer!!!

AllegiantAir

Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:09 am

I wonder how many autographs he signed walking through the terminal...  sarcastic 

I bet he got some odd looks while filming that, complaining and cussing out loud like that...

[Edited 2008-08-29 21:10:22]
Live to Fly.

gocaps16

Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:40 am

Quoting AllegiantAir (Reply 2):
I bet he got some odd looks while filming that, complaining and cussing out loud like that...

That's how rappers get shot.  Wink

dl767captain

Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:48 am

But in reality does he actually need a private jet? To me that seems like a waste anyways, even if i had his money i don't know if i would waste it on fuel right now

Francoflier

Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:57 am

So here he is, one of the richest celebrities in the world, complaining he doesn't make enough money.

I don't suspect that guy had any decency, common sense or selflessness to begin with, but how low can you go?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Acey

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:05 am

He worked to get where he is it's not like his money was handed to him on a platter. If I was P. Diddy I'd be bitching, too.
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

airportugal310

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:13 am

Quoting Acey (Reply 6):
He worked to get where he is it's not like his money was handed to him on a platter. If I was P. Diddy I'd be bitching, too.

I thought Id seen it all...but this comment wins the award for the week

Complaining about a necessity in life is one thing (no money for water or food blah blah) but complaining about a luxury/privelege??? Pleeeease
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories

MedAv

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:14 am

I never thought I'd be saying this, but here's me hoping those oy-ell and Jet-A prices keep goin up.

pilotntrng

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:24 am

Quoting Acey (Reply 6):

Define his work please?
Booooo Lois, Yaaaa Beer!!!

luv2cattlecall

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:39 am

Quoting Francoflier (Reply 5):
So here he is, one of the richest celebrities in the world, complaining he doesn't make enough money.

I don't suspect that guy had any decency, common sense or selflessness to begin with, but how low can you go?

Funny thing is, a trip to most airfields will turn up people with a fraction of his wealth who use their own jet aircraft!

From wikipedia:

Quote:
Combs is one of the richest hip-hop performers, having a net worth estimated at US $346 million in 2006.

PanAm747

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:43 am

Ironically enough, for "celebrities" (and notice the word talent isn't involved), the $$$$ for the bling they love so much doesn't come necessarily from sales of CD's and things, but from the celebrity endorsements that companies trip over themselves trying to find the hippest and hottest - and if it's a word, the "nowest" - artists in the world to show off their slave-made over-priced shiny-object-like distractions of the latest must-have consumer goods to an attention-deficit-disorder world looking for the latest must-have consumer device.

Unfortunately, Diddy, to paraphrase Andy Warhol, your fifteen minutes are over.

You aren't the latest, greatest, hippest, hottest, trendiest, or anywhere near the most influential artist on the planet anymore. That person changes depending on the time of day.

Having ripped on the celebrity and fame, I will wish him better than becoming a caricature of the former star he used to be - God forbid anyone else ends up like Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston...

"Bob-EEEEEE!!!!"

By the way, Diddy, one of the five pillars of Islam (practice by your Muslim "brothers") is charity - but the proper dispensation of charity would go to those in this world who do not have enough to eat, not to a former star of dubious talent that is unable to pay his private jet fuel bills. For you to even imply that you are "in need" moves you from late night television fodder to being absolutely pathetic.

Please tell us you are kidding so you can retain some semblance of dignity.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

Aaron747

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:59 am

Quoting Acey (Reply 6):
He worked to get where he is it's not like his money was handed to him on a platter.

Exactly how do magazine and music video shoots, cameo movie appearances, recording studio stints, and Valentino tuxedo-wearing award show appearances constitute real work? A mountain of horseshit if I've ever seen one!
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

MKE22

Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:21 am

Quoting Luv2cattlecall (Thread starter):
so he's forced to fly in the slaveship conditions that adorn AA's first class.

But he says he is in coach. It's probably in bold on the ticket that says CLASS: FIRST (or a high class letter, whatever  Wink ) and he probably can't even read the damn thing!
If Your not pissed, your not trying

Elite

Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:35 am

Quoting MKE22 (Reply 13):
But he says he is in coach.

Yeah, I was confused about that. The OP and video title state he is in first class but he says he is in coach.

Francoflier

Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:42 am

Quoting Elite (Reply 14):
The OP and video title state he is in first class but he says he is in coach.

First class is probably what he calls coach...
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

LAXdude1023

Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:54 am

Quoting Acey (Reply 6):

Im going to tell you why your comment is stupid.

P. Diddy is complaining about not haveing the money to fly on a private plane. In this world there are people starving, people who dont have a place to live or a roof over their head, children who dont have parents to love them or take care of them, and people who are stricken with disease that they never asked for or deserved.

You going to tell me that this douche bag has the right to complain that he isnt rich enough to fly in a private plane? First off, its a privilage to fly. It cost a good deal of money. To be able to fly commerically in coach is a privilage. To fly in Biz or First is even more of a privilage. Only the ridiculously wealthy get to fly on a private plane even once.

I dont get the hip hop world. I like rap, but I HATE rap songs where the rapper is talking about how rich he is, talking about his stupid car, or how great he is. I miss the days of Run DMC and 2Pac. They actually rapped about something. Take a look at record producer Scott Storch. He got so rich and spent all of his money on the most lavish things he could. Now hes a fugitive because he owes half a million to the government and even more in back Child support. Hes another disgusting human being.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Storch
It is what it is...

jbernie

Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:59 am

But he says he is in coach. It's probably in bold on the ticket that says CLASS: FIRST (or a high class letter, whatever ) and he probably can't even read the damn thing!

and the way things are these days First class could equal an extra free non alcoholic drink and a few extra inches in seat width and distance between seats and not much else.

chrisnh

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:18 am

Quoting GOCAPS16 (Reply 3):
That's how rappers get shot. Wink

DING!

Winner! Winner! Winner!

jm017

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:45 am

Quoting PanAm747 (Reply 11):
Unfortunately, Diddy, to paraphrase Andy Warhol, your fifteen minutes are over.

If only that were true. He IS irrelevant, but clearly he feels differently.

Quoting Acey (Reply 6):

Yeah, that is true, BUT....

Quoting LAXdude1023 (Reply 16):

P. Diddy is complaining about not haveing the money to fly on a private plane. In this world there are people starving, people who dont have a place to live or a roof over their head, children who dont have parents to love them or take care of them, and people who are stricken with disease that they never asked for or deserved.

You going to tell me that this douche bag has the right to complain that he isnt rich enough to fly in a private plane? First off, its a privilage to fly. It cost a good deal of money. To be able to fly commerically in coach is a privilage. To fly in Biz or First is even more of a privilage. Only the ridiculously wealthy get to fly on a private plane even once.

Obviously Diddy thinks he is better than the rest of us, and apparently too good to be flying coach. Some folks in this climate cannot even afford the bus.

I really doubt he "is feeling it." What an arrogant jerk.
"It's okay to cheat, if you just really don't like to lose."

HowSwedeitis

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:45 am

THIS WEEK ON "I WANT TO WORK FOR DIDDY."

(Dave Chappell’s imitation of P. Diddy) "Alright everybody, I’m gonna need you to hop the fence at JFK, and siphon off some jet fuel... Alright playboy? Put it in my plane... it's impounded, so I’m gonna need y'all to dress up like the po po's and steal it back. Just drive it back to my hanger...."  snooty 

-HSII
Heja Sverige!!

CrimsonNL

Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:27 am

The poor thing! Well maybe he should make another "song" about shooting up each other and doing drugs, and he can get his taxi fuel for the day.

Reminds me of a South Park episode where they feel sorry for Britney because she can't afford a Gulfstream 5, so she has to do it with a 4.

Also Im thinking about designing a cap, with the actual cap on the back. So that you can wear it proper but the cap is still in the back!

[Edited 2008-08-30 04:30:37]
Always comparing your flown types list with mine

luv2cattlecall

Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:31 am

But he says he is in coach. It's probably in bold on the ticket that says CLASS: FIRST (or a high class letter, whatever Wink ) and he probably can't even read the damn thing!

Funny you say that, because it is, in fact, in all caps, and bold on his boarding pass (looks like he still hasn't mastered the fine art of web check-in either)! Judging by the top of the seatback, definitely looks like F to me. Any guesses as to what type of aircraft it was (this being a.net, I wouldn't be surprised if someone knew the reg number based on a small smudge on the cabin wall in the background or something!):

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn240/luv2cattlecall/pdouchey.jpg

Quoting JM017 (Reply 19):

Obviously Diddy thinks he is better than the rest of us, and apparently too good to be flying coach. Some folks in this climate cannot even afford the bus.

No kidding! As though the whole premise isn't blood boiling enough, the part where he's condescending to the point where he refers to himself as "your boy, Diddy"...and says "Even your boy is affected by high gas prices...and I'm in [sic] coach"

First of all...try to learn the difference between J, F, and Y. While you're at it, since you'll be traveling commercial from here on out, take note that NWA is not what you think it is, it's an airline

More importantly, however, you're not "my boy".... I realize that some people have very low standards for who they idolize, but I have a feeling that more people at the time supported and looked up to Hitler vs. how many people look up to you. Congrats on laying claim to 2 out of 23 uses of the word "Douchebag" in Civ Av here on a.net.

[Edited 2008-08-30 04:50:21]

mortkork

Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:34 pm

News to me, I thought he got killed in a drive-by a few years back!

JayDub

Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:02 pm

It sounds to me that all those extravagant trips to exotic places by private jets (I believe it was Diddy who always chartered a jet just for his and J.Lo's luggage when they were together), combined with a declining demand of P. Diddy's "expertise" are catching up to him. It is bound to catch up with alot of these rappers that blow through money.

It'll be OK, he's not the only celeb flying commercial. One of my favorite pastimes when things are slow is to cruise through the res systems we use and see if there is anyone semi-famous is flying the JFK-LAX and LAX-JFK legs. Of course, I'm not disclosing names...
"Travel is only glamorous in retrospect." - Paul Theroux

bohica

Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:03 pm

P.Diddy: "I Can't Afford Private Jet Fuel"

BOO F..KING HOO HOO!!!!!  cry  I have no sympathy for this scumbag who thinks he is better than the rest of us. Life must suck when you have to lower yourself to fly first class. sarcastic 

Dazed767

Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Quoting Luv2cattlecall (Reply 23):
Any guesses as to what type of aircraft it was

767-200

Diddy is a douche, I hope everyone gives him 1 star on that video.

Acey

Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:11 pm

Thanks for flaming me guys... I think I forgot to add the sarcasm smiley to the end of that post.  Smile Having said that, I don't think it's that horrible to make a video mentioning that you're flying AA cause then maybe some of his fans can look out for him, but obviously the way it came across was unacceptable.
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

MD11Engineer

Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Diddy who?

Jan

This message is intended to be short.
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

ShyFlyer

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:00 pm

Quoting Elite (Reply 14):
The OP and video title state he is in first class but he says he is in coach.

Maybe he is in Coach. Coach Leather.

Perhaps if he traveled with less bling and fewer "associates," his jet would be lighter and thus burn less Jet A? Downside is no one would know who he was without all that...  Yeah sure
I lift things up and put them down.

Daleaholic

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:06 pm

I have no doubt he's out to get some commercial work for Shell!  Wink  Yeah sure
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.

kmh1956

Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:24 pm

OMG, I know EXACTLY how Diddy feels....I can't afford to keep all the staff I have in my 97-room mansion in the French Alps, but I can't make up my mind who to fire.....the little guy who bleaches the driveway with a Q-Tip, the chap who trains the truffle-sniffing dog, or the girl who polishes the little buckles on all my sandals....

crying   sarcastic 
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

jetmech

Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:28 am

Best line is when he asks his "Saudia Arabian brothas and sisters" to send him some free oil

I reckon numb-nuts (P Diddy) should spend some time with his Ethiopian "bruthas and sistas" such that he can get a much needed reality check.

slaveship conditions

The definition of "slaveship" appears to have improved markedly over the last few centuries  Smile !

Regards, JetMech

[Edited 2008-08-30 20:33:59]
JetMech split the back of his pants. He can feel the wind in his hair :shock: .

jogales

Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:10 am

According to my rough calculations, his jet costs 25k give or take to fly cross country one way. Multiply that by 4 for two round trips, and you still have less than half of what he says it costs him. Am I way off or can he not do math?

Josh
-

flybyguy

Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:23 am

What a douchebag... he probably forgot how rough he had it when he was growing up. If I could have a single check for his fuel cost I think I have enough know-how to double that money and retire at 30. Stupid rapper pricks like him only know how to spend money. The only reason why bonehead celebrities like him even have two nickels to rub together is because much smarter people keep them afloat for their own gain. When they are no longer chic... its out on the street! Mike Tyson is the perfect example.
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

Mir

Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:37 am

Ooh, poor baby. I really feel for you. Every time I sit down in a first class seat, I am constantly reminded of how much of a crime against humanity it is, and that there cannot be any fate worse in the world than being in first class on a transcon.  Yeah sure

Quoting Luv2cattlecall (Reply 22):
Any guesses as to what type of aircraft it was

767, based on both the overheads and the fact that that's what AA uses between JFK and LAX.

Quoting Acey (Reply 6):

Are you f*cking serious?

There are people in this country who have worked their backs off to get to the point where they can finally decide whether they can afford medication or food instead of being able to afford neither. There are people who have worked their backs off to get to the point where they can afford to consider being able to send their child to college. There are musicians who have far more talent than him, have spent more time practicing and learning in a year than he probably has in his entire life, and still can't afford to fly halfway across the country even in coach to go to a job (I know a few of them). There are people in New Orleans who worked their backs off to build a meager life for themselves and their family, saw it destroyed by Katrina, worked their backs off again to build it back, and are about to see it possibly destroyed yet again. And Sean Puffy Daddy Diddy has the nerve to complain about being forced to fly first class to LA?

He wasn't born rich and had to do at least something to make his millions - I understand that. But he still has it pretty good, and for him to be complaining about gas prices is the height of idiocy. Or actually just below the height of idiocy - the true height of idiocy is people agreeing with him.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

kalakaua

Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:00 am

Ummm... VOTE OR DIE, bitches!
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

CrimsonNL

Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:57 pm

I'd rather die than vote for him.
Always comparing your flown types list with mine

PPVRA

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:24 pm

Quoting PilotNTrng (Reply 1):
Gas prices to high for a man that makes more money in a week than most people make in a lifetime. This is just gross immaturity and lack of decency. If I ever meet this douchebag, I will shove a dollar bill up his nose and say this is for your private jet.

Quoting Mir (Reply 35):
And Sean Puffy Daddy Diddy has the nerve to complain about being forced to fly first class to LA?

Ugh, a ton of people would start complaining (and are!!! how outrageous!) about not being able to afford high gas prices if it were to push them over to crappy city buses and mass transport, too.

Yeah he is complaining about not being able to afford to fly on his jet. Wouldn't you? He is complaining but isn't throwing a huge hissy fit like you people are.

Guess what? Cars are a luxury too.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

Mir

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:58 pm

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 38):
Yeah he is complaining about not being able to afford to fly on his jet. Wouldn't you?

No. I'd either pony up the cash for the gas or not fly it, just like I do with my car now.

-Mir

PPVRA

Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:21 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 39):
No. I'd either pony up the cash for the gas or not fly it, just like I do with my car now.

If you couldn't afford a tank of gas, would you not complain about gas prices just like the rest of the country is? I would. I'm talking about my 15 gallon tank, not one you fill by the thousands of pounds, btw.

mirrodie

Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:21 pm

Once again, a few minutes of my life have been wasted, having had to listen to this imbecile's words.

Let's see what cars you drive, how much electricity and oil you burn in your everyday usage, and how much other wasteful stuff you spend you cash on. You've no cause to post such a video and your cred is crap.

At the end of the day, P. Diddy, no one cares.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

Mir

Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:46 pm

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 40):
If you couldn't afford a tank of gas, would you not complain about gas prices just like the rest of the country is?

If I couldn't get from A to B when I needed to (needed, not wanted), then I could see myself complaining. If I did own a jet (I don't) and couldn't use it, I might complain inwardly, but you'd never hear me act like I was being unfairly slighted by being forced to fly on the airlines in first class.

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 40):
I'm talking about my 15 gallon tank, not one you fill by the thousands of pounds, btw.

The only thing I'm filling these days is my car's fuel tank (18 gallons).

-Mir

AircraftGeek

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:20 pm

The original video link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yh1NHRP3NA

The associate from Diddy's BadBoyRecords that posted the video changed the description to "Attention all media and hate bloggers. This blog is just me making a joke about gas prices. Loosen up"...

oh Poor Diddy, he didn't expect to be called "idiot" because he acted like an idiot...  Yeah sure
Nothing is fool-proof given a sufficiently skilled fool

kalakaua

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:39 pm

Quoting AircraftGeek (Reply 43):

The associate from Diddy's BadBoyRecords that posted the video changed the description to "Attention all media and hate bloggers. This blog is just me making a joke about gas prices. Loosen up"...

We are not amused.
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

PPVRA

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:52 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 42):
but you'd never hear me act like I was being unfairly slighted by being forced to fly on the airlines in first class.

Well, I don't think he did that. He's definitely an attention whore type person, it's part of how he makes his money, and people like him talk like that all the time.

luv2cattlecall

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:06 am

Quoting JetMech (Reply 32):
The definition of "slaveship" appears to have improved markedly over the last few centuries Smile !

Regards, JetMech

Except one had lie-flat seating  duck 

http://biztravelguru.com/blogs/business-travel-news/Emirates-Airbus-A380-Seat-Map-3-Class.jpg

Quoting AircraftGeek (Reply 43):
The original video link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yh1N...RP3NA

Interesting  scratchchin  when I originally posted the video, the link that you gave was only available if you were a friend of the video poster!

cumulus

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:33 pm

He's a knob.....................
What Goes Up Must Come Down, Hopefully In One Piece!

jetblueguy22

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:03 pm

Let me try to push out a tear. NOT! And asking the Saudis for oil is desperate. We are trying to eliminate our dependance on foreign oil. I wouldn't complain about first/business on AA from JFK-LAX. I flew it and they treat you like a king. Too bad I was in coach  Sad. Its about time some of the upper class has to fly with us normal folks.
Blue
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

airportugal310

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:55 am

As one who works in the private aviation sector in jet fuel no less...

TEB has "cheap" fuel as far as the bigger airports go...along with HPN if you go to the right FBOs...

LAX not so much. The cheapest fuel there is in the $7's...

But who wants to fly to the satellite airports? Not him Im suuuure!

Assuming the plane takes somewhere in the 2000-3000g range, were talking a fuel bill of around 15K from TEB and about 25K from LAX...

Just throwing some numbers out to see if his numbers make any sense, especially for a guy who owns the jet and only has to pay for flight crew and other misc operating expenses.

His catering bill probably makes up most of the bill, because drinking Moet instead of Crystal(sp) or Dom would be blasphemous.
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories