HALFA
Topic Author

Palin's Church Advocates Homosexual Conversion

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:01 pm

The GOP supporters were relentless here with their attacks on Senator Obama and his church. I have a few issues with Mrs. Palin's church.

It has been revealed today that Sarah Palin's church is a sponsor of the "Love Won Out" conference starting in Anchorage next weekend. This conference is put on by the Focus On The Family christian hate group from Colorado Springs, CO. They advocate converting gays to heterosexuality through the power of prayer.

http://www.lovewonout.com/

It is radical ideas like this that drive me away from the Republican party and all the more reason for me to give my vote to Obama/Biden.

Equally as shocking, I found this report on FOX NEWS. Yes, I actually read FOX NEWS!!  Smile

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...nference-aimed-at-converting-gays/

HALFA
HA J Class Lie flats, coming soon to a plane near you........

akiss20

RE: Palin's Church Advocates Homosexual Conversion

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Is anyone really surprised by this? I mean look at her, she is a die-hard creationist who denies evolution, and said that that America was sent to Iraq on "God's word." Palin is McCain's way of solidfying the religious right for his camp (as opposed to some independent, 3rd party extremist candidate). The religious right's primary issue has been, is, and always will be us "sinning homosexuals." The religious right has always been advocating that gays try and change their "wicked ways" and morph from an "abomination" to a god fearing good ole' boy.

Yes I am pretty bitter about this issue, but there you have an insight into the mentality of the gay teenager demographic.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

Dreadnought

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:21 pm

Quoting HALFA (Thread starter):
It is radical ideas like this that drive me away from the Republican party and all the more reason for me to give my vote to Obama/Biden.

If the left wants to make her church an issue, we will gladly drag out Rev. Wright again.

Equally as shocking, I found this report on FOX NEWS. Yes, I actually read FOX NEWS!!

So? In spite of what you may have heard, Fox is a news organization.
Forget dogs and cats - Spay and neuter your liberals.

Dreadnought

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:24 pm

Quoting AKiss20 (Reply 1):
she is a die-hard creationist who denies evolution

Source?

said that that America was sent to Iraq on "God's word."

Source?

The religious right's primary issue has been, is, and always will be us "sinning homosexuals."

Bull. You greatly exaggurate your importance.
Forget dogs and cats - Spay and neuter your liberals.

luv2fly

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:28 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 2):
If the left wants to make her church an issue, we will gladly drag out Rev. Wright again.

Oh I have no doubt, though the focus now is on what if anything Palin brings to the table. We have already dragged Obama through the mud so it is now Palin's turn. After all what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
You can cut the irony with a knife

ltbewr

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:33 pm

Good. If the media and the Republicans can trash Obama's ex-Rev. Wright, then 'Barbie's' Reverend is fair game. I glad they found some anti-gay stuff at her church and of her being against gay partner state employee benefits. I wonder what else of the intolerant radical Christian agenda she believes in. Keep digging media and bloggers.

luv2fly

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:36 pm

The differnce is Obama distanced himself from this man and his church. Palin is still with her church I would imagine.

HALFA
Topic Author

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:47 pm

Quoting Swiftski (Reply 4):
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...ms/non_aviation/read.main/1969872/

There are literally hundreds of topics on the Anet forums that don't interest me.
I ignore them.
I suggest you and the others ignore the ones that don't interest you.  wave 

So in other words, you support Palin's church and their views on homosexuality?

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 7):
The differnce is Obama distanced himself from this man and his church.

checkmark 

HALFA

SlamClick

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:49 pm

Well that settles it then! I'll just have to vote for the guy whose church says "God damn America"
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

akiss20

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:54 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 3):

Sure right here

Palin on Iraq:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...lPSqaP1eyysv8ENJWhk0ZSrPgD92VJPL00

Palin on creationism:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/art..._faith/2008/08/sarah_palin_on.html

I will admit I misspoke, and I apologize. She does not "deny" evolution in the public light, but rather supports the teaching of creationism as an equal alternative. In my mind that is equal, but thats just me.

As per my last statement, the religious right likes to focus (in terms of social issues) almost entirely on abortion and gay marriage/rights. It is what energized them in the 2004 election.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

HALFA
Topic Author

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:55 pm

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 10):
Well that settles it then! I'll just have to vote for the guy whose church says "God damn America"

Obama LEFT that church.
Palin & Family are still attending theirs.

HALFA

Emirates773ER

Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:18 pm

Looks like the Barracuda is has entered the shark tank. With such views the media will start tearing her apart very soon.
The Truth is Out There ---- Face It!!!!!

DocLightning

Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:28 pm

So can we convert back? I mean, I'm sure Palin's church has some serious interior decorating issues that we need to fix.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

OA260

Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:45 pm

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 14):
With such views the media will start tearing her apart very soon.

All we can do is hope and pray ..... Inshallah  Wink

skyservice_330

Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:56 pm

http://www.lovewonout.com/

A good counter view: http://truthwinsout.com/

BlueShamu330s

Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:06 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 16):
I mean, I'm sure Palin's church has some serious interior decorating issues that we need to fix.

Even you, me and everyone else knows there are limits beyond which it's far more preferable to retire to the bar lounge and just tear the bitch to threads  Silly
So I drive a 4x4. So what?! Tax the a$$ off me for it...oh, you already have... :-(

Stretch 8

Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:37 pm

Barry's wife was the reason they were member's of that "church" in Chicago for all of those years. She is just another angry black woman.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

UAL747

Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Almost every church that's not liberal in principle in the US believes in Homosexual Conversion. It's better than them preaching how horrible we are and are going to hell, but still not the answer.

Doesn't affect my opinion on Palin. Now, if SHE believes in it, then there's an issue there.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

swiftski

Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:33 pm

Quoting HALFA (Reply 9):
There are literally hundreds of topics on the Anet forums that don't interest me.
I ignore them.
I suggest you and the others ignore the ones that don't interest you. wave

Sorry, I was trying to be lighthearted.

Ken777

Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:31 am

Have you noticed that when straight guys discuss gay men they get all upset. But when they're talking about gay women they ask, "can we watch?"  eyepopping 

Aaron747

Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:18 am

I don't know what people are all up in arms about here. Palin's views and church are obviously in the wrong for anyone who cares about these issues. What's worse is that you're all wasting your time complaining about them when Obama himself hasn't shown an iota of TANGIBLE support for gay rights. A few teleprompter proclamations and promises of support from his wife are not equivalent to action on these issues.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

mt99

Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:18 am

How come Palin is not doing any interviews?

If she is all that she is cracked up to be she shouldn't be afraid
Step into my office, baby

akiss20

Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:25 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 56):
What's worse is that you're all wasting your time complaining about them when Obama himself hasn't shown an iota of TANGIBLE support for gay rights. A few teleprompter proclamations and promises of support from his wife are not equivalent to action on these issues.

I think there are a few reasons for this.

1)This election is about the economy, oil prices, and healthcare. Period. That is what people want to hear about, that is what is effecting their daily lives. The candidates NEED to focus on these issues as they are the most pressing that the US faces today.

2)Bringing up gay marriage as a major election issue is just begging for another 2004 fiasco. Gay marriage serves as such an impetus for the christian right to come out and vote, and I think the democrats have learned from 2004 that it is not a good thing to bring up at the time.

3)In general, Republicans have been very successful at energizing its base using social issues. It is favourable to Obama to keep the discussion focused on economic and political issues because Democrats tend not to be nearly as energized to vote as Republicans do by social issues.

mt99

Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:23 am

You got to love the onion

Palin on the Issues:

Abortion:

Will personally carry any unwanted fetuses to term.

Foreign Affairs:

Boasts strong relationships made over the years with numerous dignitaries from the continental United States.

Iraq War:

Just wants to give son the chance to shoot something smaller and more Muslim than the usual moose around their property.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/85974
Step into my office, baby

DocLightning

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:23 am

Quoting BlueShamu330s (Reply 16):
Even you, me and everyone else knows there are limits beyond which it's far more preferable to retire to the bar lounge and just tear the bitch to threads

Dude, I propose we turn her church INTO a bar lounge.

Pews are SO 14th century.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

QANTAS077

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:46 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 24):
Iraq War:Just wants to give son the chance to shoot something smaller and more Muslim than the usual moose around their property.

this from a mother is even more distburing...ok, onion isn't fact but for a mother who's so pr-life she doesn't have any qualms in her son going out and taking lives.

she's a walking contradiction if there ever was one.

RJdxer

Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:48 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 20):
Have you noticed that when straight guys discuss gay men they get all upset.

Of course here the gay men suggest wail until the post is deleted.

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 21):
What's worse is that you're all wasting your time complaining about them when Obama himself hasn't shown an iota of TANGIBLE support for gay rights.

checkmark 

Quoting AKiss20 (Reply 23):
Gay marriage serves as such an impetus for the christian right to come out and vote, and I think the democrats have learned from 2004 that it is not a good thing to bring up at the time.

Yes, much better just to go through the courts where you don't have to worry about proving your case to the electorate.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

akiss20

Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:16 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 27):
Quoting AKiss20 (Reply 23):
Gay marriage serves as such an impetus for the christian right to come out and vote, and I think the democrats have learned from 2004 that it is not a good thing to bring up at the time.

Yes, much better just to go through the courts where you don't have to worry about proving your case to the electorate.

Obama has said that he does support the gay rights cause, but he can't do much if isn't elected can he? First he has to get elected, and being the first serious African-American candidate, he has enough opposition without energizing the religious right against him.

diamond

Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:41 pm

This thread has already required the removal of 43 posts due to rule-violations. That's 61% of the entire thread. More than half ot those deletions were referenced posts. Since this topic cannot be discussed within the rules, it' going to have to be locked.

Here's a tip: if you see a post that violates forum rules, don't respond to it.
Blank.

luv2fly

Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:45 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 22):
How come Palin is not doing any interviews?

If she is all that she is cracked up to be she shouldn't be afraid