LX23
Topic Author

Buying An IPod At IAH?

Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:27 am

Hey Everyone! I'm gonna be transiting through IAH in a couple of weeks, and I wanted to know if anyone knows what (if any) electronics stores at IAH stock Ipods. The last time I transited through IAH was over a year ago, and I can't seem to recall any electronics stores where I might buy this. Any info would be appreciated!
cheers,
LX

airportugal310

RE: Buying An IPod At IAH?

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:05 pm

They do have one of those iPod vending machines if you really care to use it...the one I saw was in CO's C-Terminal

Hope that helps
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories

LX23
Topic Author

Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Thanks for the reply! that does help indeed, I'll have to hope the machine doesn't get stuck!  Smile

boeingfever777

Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Best Buy kiosks, coming to an airport near you.

Kiosks are located at:

ATL
BOS
DFW
IAH
LAS
LAX
MSP
SFO

I have seen them in C and E concourse at IAH.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre.

IHadAPheo

Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:12 pm

Quoting LX23 (Reply 2):
I'll have to hope the machine doesn't get stuck!  

Ah yes, the IPod hangs by a thread in the machines teasing you with it's defiance. Meanwhile your flight time nears and your call for help is as yest unanswered. Finally you must leave to board your flight as "your" IPod mocks you through the glass. Shortly after you takeoff a small child with a small thud presses his face against the glass, the IPod releases it's vice like grip and falls to the base of the machine. The parents arrive to investigate the look of wonder on their cherub's face and remove the IPod from it cushioned resting place. In gratitude for their darlings fine work they buy him a happy meal whilst the proud parents try to figure out where the CD goes,,,

IHAP
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

desertjets

Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:32 pm

Quoting Ihadapheo (Reply 4):
Ah yes, the IPod hangs by a thread in the machines teasing you with it's defiance. Meanwhile your flight time nears and your call for help is as yest unanswered. Finally you must leave to board your flight as "your" IPod mocks you through the glass. Shortly after you takeoff a small child with a small thud presses his face against the glass, the IPod releases it's vice like grip and falls to the base of the machine. The parents arrive to investigate the look of wonder on their cherub's face and remove the IPod from it cushioned resting place. In gratitude for their darlings fine work they buy him a happy meal whilst the proud parents try to figure out where the CD goes,,,

Been hitting the vodka and Tang early today Zippy?

Maybe I am just out of touch with the times but I do find it interesting that the iPod has become like a can of Coke or a packet of M&Ms... available through vending machines.

How much cheaper to you is getting an iPod in the US vs. purchasing one back home in the UK?
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

LX23
Topic Author

Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:36 pm

Quoting DesertJets (Reply 5):
How much cheaper to you is getting an iPod in the US vs. purchasing one back home in the UK?

In the UK, a 120Gb iPod classic sells for £180 which is roughly $360. As you can see, saving roughly 40% is not a bad deal.

Quoting Ihadapheo (Reply 4):

good one  Smile