travelin man

Support For CA Ban On Same Sex Marriage Drops

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:06 pm

A new Field Poll just came out about California's Proposition 8, which would amend the State Constitution to make same sex marriage illegal.

Support for the ban on same sex marriage continues to erode, dropping from 42% support 3 months ago to 38% today. Meanwhile opposition has grown from 51% to 55%.

"Initiatives that are trailing, either at the initial measurement or in subsequent measures, rarely pass," said Mark DiCamillo, director of the Field Poll, also noting that opinions on issues like same-sex marriage tend not to fluctuate dramatically. "History is working against passage."

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_10493647?nclick_check=1

This is great news. I can't wait for the religious nutjobs to get California's boot shoved up their collective rear ends.

Aaron747

RE: Support For CA Ban On Same Sex Marriage Drops

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:15 pm

Quoting Travelin man (Thread starter):
Support for the ban on same sex marriage continues to erode, dropping from 42% support 3 months ago to 38% today. Meanwhile opposition has grown from 51% to 55%.

Of course support is eroding - it's based on lies, superstition and immorality. I expect nothing less.

Opposition has grown because the opposition is well-funded and well-organized. I've donated three times to equalitycalifornia.org since July. My entire family has, in support of my gay aunt. We simply will not allow the state to stand for what is both wrong and unfair to our citizens.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

travelin man

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:19 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 1):
Opposition has grown because the opposition is well-funded and well-organized. I've donated three times to equalitycalifornia.org since July. My entire family has, in support of my gay aunt. We simply will not allow the state to stand for what is both wrong and unfair to our citizens.

That's great! We've donated to Equality California as well. I'm glad to see most Californians are lining up against this awful Proposition.

I think Californians have seen enough gay people get married here to understand that it is merely two people in love committing themselves to each other. It's not the end of the world.

EWRCabincrew

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:13 am

Quoting Travelin man (Reply 2):
It's not the end of the world.

The fact the world is still here with same-sex marriage legal in locales shows that.
You can't cure stupid

Cadet57

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:44 am

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 3):
The fact the world is still here with same-sex marriage legal in locales shows that.

Idk, I feel a bit more gay now since they legalized it in MA  Wink Im only kidding.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

Doona

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:31 am

Quoting Travelin man (Thread starter):
Proposition 8

Am I the only one who thinks "Proposition 8" sounds a little too similar to "Preparation H"?

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

kiwiandrew

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:18 am

Quoting Doona (Reply 5):
Am I the only one who thinks "Proposition 8" sounds a little too similar to "Preparation H"?

either way the supporters of this bill can take it and shove it  Big grin

It is nice to see that the sense of fairness of the majority looks set to win out over the narrowminded prejudices of the minority and has already been mentioned the more often this happens and ordinary people see for themselves that the world carries on turning the better

HowSwedeitis

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:27 am

Oh yes. Proposition 8. Because that's what's most pressing... gay marriage.  sarcastic  Two people of the same sex marrying? OH NO!  scared  Our economy is doing great, gas is only 2.00 a gallon, we are no longer at war, we're on the verge of becoming self-sufficiant on energy... we can't let gay people marry!!! (Sounds a wee bit ridiculous eh?)

-HSII
Heja Sverige!!