stratosphere

Tent Cities IN The USA

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:02 am

You gotta love this..When all the polititions are spouting off that all is well and I remember Bush spouting off several years ago about how many people own homes under his watch look at them now. Great job Bush.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/ap_on_re_us/tent_cities

pilotntrng

RE: Tent Cities IN The USA

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:12 am

Quoting Stratosphere (Thread starter):

First it's politicians. I wish this country would realize it's congress' fault not the President's.
Booooo Lois, Yaaaa Beer!!!

mdsh00

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:27 am

Quoting PilotNTrng (Reply 1):
First it's politicians. I wish this country would realize it's congress' fault not the President's.

Except it usually is the President that is the fall guy...i.e. these tent cities being called Hooverviles in the '30s
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

pilotntrng

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:31 am

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 2):

And we will continue to vote in the career politicians that got us in this mess in the first place. I wonder if people blame President Bush because they can't wipe thier ass right.
Booooo Lois, Yaaaa Beer!!!

NorthstarBoy

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:03 am

Quoting PilotNTrng (Reply 3):
And we will continue to vote in the career politicians that got us in this mess in the first place. I wonder if people blame President Bush because they can't wipe thier ass right.

of course we will, because we all want big juicy slices of pork! the longer your congressman has been inside the beltway, the more pork he can serve up to his home district. and isn't that's what it's all about? lots of pork for the people in the home district?

the only way i can really see the system significantly changing is to establish some type of draft system, kind of like being picked for jury duty, you're chosen at random from your district, you serve one two year term and you go home, imagine how much more productive congress would be if they didn't have to focus their attention on being reelected and just did their jobs!

And of course the president gets blamed, because by default he represents the entire country, yet, half the country didn't vote for him! So of course the 50 percent of the population that would rather climb into a barrel full of porcupines than vote for the other party blames the other party for their problems when that party is in power.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!