klmcedric

Going To Australia! Any Suggestions?

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:46 am

Hello,

I'll be going on a 22day trip to Australia starting somewhere mid January.
We'll be flying non-rev, so besides travel tips, advice on which routes and airlines to use are
much appreciated.
I'm KLM staff so our journey will start in AMS.
We'll be flying to an Asian city (SIN,BKK,MNL,KUL,HKG??), not sure which one yet, it will depend on loads and connectivity to BNE which will be our down-under entry point.
The plan in Brisbane is to rent some 4WD, and head north for about a day or 6.
We'd like to see Fraser Isl, Noosa, and we'd also love to go to a reef island (Heron,Eliott,?)
for some snorkeling but the prices to do so are really high imo! (expensive transfers and accomodation)! Any tips for cheaper reefsnorkling in this area???.

Then we'll be flying from BNE to ADL, and rent a camper van for 8 days. We'd like to see
Kangaroo Isl, and then drive the coastal roads to MEL.
Any tips on nice towns and camping-grounds along the road?

Finally we'll be flying MEL-SYD, and visit SYD for a day or two.
Then we'll go SYD-PPT, spend 3night on Moorea, and continue on to LAX for 2nights to visit
friends and finally go back LAX-AMS.

Any suggestions, tips,advice on any aspect of this trip are welcome?

This part of the world is the only continent I haven't visited yet, and I'm really excited
about it!!!

Greets,

Cedric

Gemuser

RE: Going To Australia! Any Suggestions?

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:52 am

Quoting KLMCedric (Thread starter):
We'll be flying to an Asian city (SIN,BKK,MNL,KUL,HKG??), not sure which one yet, it will depend on loads and connectivity to BNE which will be our down-under entry point.

You do realise that this is peak season? The actual peak flows out of Australia until about mid January and then reverses direction as people return for the start of the new acadamic year in Feb/March.

You can forget QF, they usually have a total staff travel ban in DEC/JAN and SQ can be very difficult in the same period. This suggest that you should avoid SIN & BKK and maybe HKG. You should look at NRT & maybe SGN, as well.

We'd like to see Fraser Isl, Noosa, and we'd also love to go to a reef island (Heron,Eliott,?)
for some snorkeling but the prices to do so are really high imo! (expensive transfers and accomodation)! Any tips for cheaper reefsnorkling in this area???.

Heron, Eliott are very southern Barrier Reef Islands and quite far off the coast. If your time allows, much more economical day trips to the reef are available from the Shute Harbour area (about a days drive north of Gladston, which is the cloest access point for Heron). Further south both Brampton & Linderman Island resorts used to cater for day trippers by air from Mackay, but it is a VERY long time since I did this. Brampton was via a TAA DHC6 & Linderman via a Countryair Piper Cheeorkee6.

and then drive the coastal roads to MEL.

DO NOT miss the Coonawarra wine region, near Mt Gambia. Also I found the Corrong (sp?) a long costal lagoon very worthwhile.

Gemuser
DC23468910;B72172273373G73873H74374475275376377L77W;A319 320321332333343;BAe146;C402;DHC6;F27;L188;MD80MD85

baroque

Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:54 am

Quoting Gemuser (Reply 1):
DO NOT miss the Coonawarra wine region, near Mt Gambia. Also I found the Corrong (sp?) a long costal lagoon very worthwhile.

And there is another good Coonawarra wine region close to Mt Gambier where there is also a "blue" lake in a volcanic crater, none of it that far from the Coorong.  duck  The Coorogn is famous for an occasional deposit (last time it happened seems to be over 100 years ago) of algal gunk called coorongite and for hypersaline waters.

Beaucaire

Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:28 pm

http://www.reptilepark.com.au/default.asp

an absolute must together with Sydney's Taronga Zoo- which is situated very spectacularly just off the Sydney harbour..
Australia has one of the most spectacular and unique wild-life on the globe- and both sites give a absolutely stunning overview .The average Australian is very respectful towards environment and usually loves animals-except the ones who shoot kangaroos from the helicopter with machineguns...
On my many trips to Australia I have learned to love the country and the Australian nature - if you have two days,absolutely make a short excursion into the Outback ! Cairns,is a great place to explore the east-coast and the reef,Darwin allows to gain an impression on the tropical Northern-province with it's crocodile-invested river-banks .
The one place I did not find so interesting was Perth -sorry- just a big, modern city .
So if you have 22 days,leave 5 days for Sydney/the Zoo/reptile-park/harbour tours/Manley ( not very far ),two days Melbourne,three days Outback,three days Cairns,two days Darwin..
Forget Camberra ,Perth ,Adelaide..there are more important sites to see.
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

jetblueguy22

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:00 pm

Finally we'll be flying MEL-SYD, and visit SYD for a day or two.

Sydney is the best city I've ever been to. Try the bridge climb or the opera house. Both are amazing! There is also a lunch cruise in Sydney Harbour which is very nice.
Blue
All of the opinions stated above are mine and do not represent Airliners.net or my employer unless otherwise stated.

EasternSon

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:41 pm

You mentioned Fraser Island - definitely do that. Especially if you appreciate nature. It was a mind-blowing experience to swim in Lake McKenzie and to boogie baord down the slope of a giant sand due. Awesome.

I lived in Australia - Sydney specifically - for about a year altogether. While I lived in Sydney, I did a number of very "touristy" things against my will, and hated the cheesiness of most of it. I really wanted to learn the culture and do what the locals did. It turned out to be a great experience.

That being said: I took my wife Down Under this past March (her first trip) and we did the Sydney Harbor Bridge Climb. I hate touristy stuff, but I absolutley LOVED this experience. I highly recommend it:

Big version: Width: 640 Height: 457 File size: 53kb

Also, if you want to get close to animals, you can go to Featherdale Wildlife Park, which is up North of the city, if I remember. You can pet koalas, wombats, wallabees and kangaroos.

Have fun on your trip, it's going to be a really memorable one.
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac

Ncfc99

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:24 pm

If you can, may I sugest a trip to Longreach and the Qantas outback founders museum( also the stockmans hall of fame), surely a must for an aviation enthusiast. In is also a drive that give you a good veiw of the type of outback country that Australia is made up of. It is a landscape that we will not see in northern Europe(I am assuming you are from northern Europe). These 2 places gave me veiw of how tough it must have been for the first people to that settled in these mall outback towns and how tough i must be today to live there.

Kent350787

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:15 am

I'm a Sydneysider, but I'm not going to mention any Sydney things - they've already been covered. I'm driving to near Noosa in a few weeks time, but not going to mention anything there either.  Smile

Something that I reckon no-one else would mention - make Port Fairy one of the stops on your trip around the coast. There are a couple of good camping grounds, but do the evening walk to Griffith Island for the Shearwater arrival (unless you're scared of birds!). I remember being there thinking it was pretty lame with a few dozen birds coming in to land. When It was up tot he tens of thousands it was just amazing!!!

Apart from that, wine. Think wine. From Adelaide you could head around the coast via the Fleurieu Peninsula taking McLaren Vale, then over to the Coorong via Langhorne Creek. From Port Fairy you could head up inland to Heathcote (although staying on the coast around the Great Ocean Road with a side trip into the Otway Ranges would be more sensible). Maybe also a side-trip to Wilson's Promontory.

As others have said, this is peak holiday period for Australians. Queensland is Australia's Florida in terms of beach vacations, whereas the south coast of Victoria is a prime beach destination for Victorians. Beachside almost everywhere will have limited accommodation. Plan ahead and book ahead!

Kent

baroque

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:34 am

Quoting Kent350787 (Reply 7):
with a side trip into the Otway Ranges would be more sensible). Maybe also a side-trip to Wilson's Promontory.

And if you get into the Otways, do not forget to visit the Eucalypt forests
http://www.publish.csiro.au/samples/...sample/html/Eucalyptus_regnans.htm
and
http://www.anbg.gov.au/friends/articlesjuly06.html

They are spectacular even in relation to the Cal redwoods.

The Otways are also a location where Australites are found (but very rare). They appear to be spatter from the moon after it took a meteorite hit. Study of them by a Dr Baker of CSIRO was a significant part of the design of re-entry vehicles for NASA.

vhqpa

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:47 am

and then drive the coastal roads to MEL.

If you have the time I would highly recommend that you visit the Grampians in Western Victoria but not at the expense of the Great Ocean Road. The Grampians is about 100-150km? north of Portland/Warrnambool. It will take a full day. If you go you may as well visit the Ansett Heritage Museum in Hamilton which is on the way.

Vhq
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

QantasA333

Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:02 am

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 3):
Forget Camberra ,Perth ,Adelaide..there are more important sites to see.

How rude! Adelaide, Canberra and Perth have lots to see. The eastern states aren't the only thing Australia has! Sorry for being so arrogant to you, but what are more important sitest to see then Adelaide, Perth and Canberra? I live in Adelaide, and there is lots to see in the hills, wineries, beaches, Victor Harbour, Barossa Valley etc.

Beaucaire

Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:15 am

Quoting QantasA333 (Reply 10):
How rude! Adelaide, Canberra and Perth have lots to see. The eastern states aren't the only thing Australia has! Sorry for being so arrogant to you, but what are more important sitest to see then Adelaide, Perth and Canberra? I live in Adelaide, and there is lots to see in the hills, wineries, beaches, Victor Harbour, Barossa Valley etc.

How could I possibly have made such a mistake to under-estimate the qualities of Adelaide,Perth and Camberra..
My apologies !

klmcedric

Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:03 am

Thanks a lot for all the responses so far!

I've done some reading about Kangaroo Isl. ,and it also looks like a nice thing to do!
Any of you been there? Can you recommend it?

klmcedric

Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:08 am

Oh, and one more thing, we're now scheduled to leave around the 15th of januari and get back
feb 9th. As some of you have mentioned, this is peak period for Australians.
Would it make any difference if we left a bit later, say from feb 1st till feb 23th ???

Kent350787

Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:18 am

Quoting KLMCedric (Reply 12):
I've done some reading about Kangaroo Isl. ,and it also looks like a nice thing to do!

I haven't been there (only as far as the ferry wharf), but a friend was there for a week earlier in the year - very relaxing, and beautiful natural scenery. It's off the tip of the Fleurieu Peninsula - don't forget to pick up your wine in McClaren Vale on the way. You could then drive back up the other side of the Peninsula to the Coorong via Victor Harbour.

Quoting KLMCedric (Reply 13):
Would it make any difference if we left a bit later, say from feb 1st till feb 23th ???

A much better time to do the trip - summer school holidays finish the week after Australia Day (26 Jan) in all states.

Kent

baroque

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:01 am

Yes, but not before you have "done" the Flinders Ranges. The highlight is a light plane flight round Wilpena Pound. The pounds are depressions in anticlinal structures that together give a relatively symmetrical basin. The Pound Sandstone is very resistant and the basins weather to produce large basins of which Wilpena is the most spectacular with the rim of the basin having only one small exit.
http://www.wilpenapound.com.au/flinders_ranges/index.htm

Click on image gallery although I think I have better pics myself, but best from the air.

http://www.airadventure.com.au/profiles_Wilpena_Pound.htm

Yes, Australia is mostly made up of rocks! Well apart from the roos, trees and of course the snakes!

Springbok747

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:02 am

Beautiful place! Be sure to check out the Kelly Hill Caves and Little Sahara while you're there. Also there is an awesome pizza place near Pennshaw (where the ferry docks)...mmm pizza.

Some pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/Springbok747/DSC02729.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/Springbok747/DSC02726.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/Springbok747/DSC02684.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/Springbok747/DSC02627.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/Springbok747/DSC02669.jpg
אני תומך בישראל

Beaucaire

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:06 am

Quoting Baroque (Reply 15):

Yes, Australia is mostly made up of rocks! Well apart from the roos, trees and of course the snakes!

bigthumbsup 
specially the snakes are worth the trip alone.....
(well-not only- they have some great spiders too... Big grin ..)

Pyrex

Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:43 pm

Any suggestions, tips,advice on any aspect of this trip are welcome?

Don't let a dingo eat your baby.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

klmcedric

Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks for all the great advice guys( especially that one about the dingo).
Will try and reschedule to a later date.

NAV20

Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:29 pm

rent a camper van for 8 days. We'd like to see
Kangaroo Isl, and then drive the coastal roads to MEL.

Sounds fine, KLMCedric. But I'd recommend, in addition, a detour inland (or a day trip from Melbourne, it's only about 60 miles) to Ballarat to see Sovereign Hill.

Ballarat was the scene of the 'Eureka Stockade' in 1854. The closest Australia came to 'revolution.' Though that was a 'small affair' - even though a lot more people got killed there than in the Boston Massacre.......  Smile

http://www.ballarat.com/eurekastockade.htm

But there's a 'theme park' in Ballarat (called 'Sovereign Hill') which is a re-creation of a 19th.-Century gold-mining town. Mostly maintained by (and staffed by) volunteer enthusasits who dress up in period costumes and work hard at entertaining you. Much like 'Colonial Williamsburg' in Virginia, and just as good in terms of 'value for money.' Allow four hours for your visit, especially if you want to 'pan for gold' (they make sure that you find some  Smile), drink in the pubs, and go down a real goldmine......  Smile

Can't find a 'good' website for Sovereign Hill, Wiki seems to have the best one......But you won't be disappointed:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_Hill
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.." - Leonardo da Vinci

iairallie

Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:26 pm

I enjoyed kangaroo island. We rented a 3 brm fantastic cottage on the beach for about $75 AUD a few years back. It was off peak season so price was outstanding. The place was called cape view cottage google it they have a website. Things to do on Kangaroo Island. The remarkable rocks were kinda neat, see the fairy/penneshaw penguins, see a platypus if you are lucky as this one wildlife area (cant remember name starts with H maybe). Lots of great wildlife spotting especially at night. Adelaide is where my Mum is from. My sister and her BF did a road trip similar to what you want to do when she finished her grad school in rockhampton. When I was in Rock/Yipoon we did a canoe day trip it was really pretty.
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

Kent350787

Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:42 pm

The pounds are depressions in anticlinal structures that together give a relatively symmetrical basin.

Now, what makes me think you're a geologist in real life?
 Smile

It's not all about rocks!!!!!

Zkpilot

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:28 am

starting somewhere mid January.

Well whereever you go in Oz it will be hot then! Almost all of Australia is 30+ degC in Jan... many parts are over 40deg.

We'll be flying non-rev, so besides travel tips, advice on which routes and airlines to use are
much appreciated.

Qantas loads are pretty much full out of UK/EU so prolly gotta forget them... SQ is always good... If you travelled via LHR then you could fly NZ to HKG and AKL... maybe add a bit of a New Zealand sidetrip? The South Island is amazing in particular...
Another thing to think about is that if you travel via the USA you travel on the PCE system rather than weight... so its more generous that way. Although I guess its further to fly.

Well Sydney obviously is the main thing to see in Oz... it is a great city.
Melbourne is nice but since you're coming from Europe its nothing particularly special...(although the vineyards etc in the country are nice).
Perth is smaller and a bit feral but its a nice place to go... and a bit different being so remote etc.A lot of people I know really like Port Douglas (in Northern Queensland), it sure is a nice part of the world... The Whitsundays are really nice too.

If you do come across to New Zealand then definantly go to Queenstown! You could then leave via AKL up to LAX direct or via the Pacific Islands on NZ or TN. I wouldn't recommend FJ as their aircraft are not the nicest....

Hope you have a great trip!
56 types. 38 countries. 24 airlines.

klmcedric

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:55 am

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 23):
Qantas loads are pretty much full out of UK/EU so prolly gotta forget them... SQ is always good... If you travelled via LHR then you could fly NZ to HKG and AKL... maybe add a bit of a New Zealand sidetrip? The South Island is amazing in particular...
Another thing to think about is that if you travel via the USA you travel on the PCE system rather than weight... so its more generous that way. Although I guess its further to fly.

I thought about all that, but sadly enough, we don't have ZED agreements with neither SQ or
NZ. And seen as I'd like to start our trip in BNE, I figure the best option for me is to use
my own carrier, KL, to SIN, and then try QF or EK to BNE.

Are the ex-SIN QF flights to BNE just as busy as those to SYD?

Also I've found a pretty good revenue fare on the QF site. 400Euro all-in one way SIN-BNE.
Still thinking about maybe purchasing that. But that same leg would cost me about 80Euro,
on ZED, so I don't know.

QantasA333

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:33 am

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 11):
Quoting QantasA333 (Reply 10):

How could I possibly have made such a mistake to under-estimate the qualities of Adelaide,Perth and Camberra..
My apologies !

That's OK. There's heaps to do - well not heaps but some day trips and short trips in and around Adelaide (eg. Adelaide Hills/Barossa Valley/KL (Kangaroo Island)

baroque

Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Quoting Kent350787 (Reply 22):
The pounds are depressions in anticlinal structures that together give a relatively symmetrical basin.

Now, what makes me think you're a geologist in real life?
Smile

It's not all about rocks!!!!!

:D  Big grin  Big grin Well most of Australia is made of them, so knowing what they are can help!

Had you come here about 15 years ago, you would have been able to get sections of the Flinders Ranges on the $100 notes.

Big version: Width: 200 Height: 104 File size: 31kb
Mawson and Flinder Ranges

Mawson was arguably our most famous Polar explorer and he also mapped the Flinders Ranges and the background are some of his original sections through the Flinders. Alas those notes are no longer in circulation. The new $100 note in Sir John Monash - if the background had a complete guide to all arms tactics in WW I it would compete with Sir Douglas Mawson, but just a few "scruffy guns". No way. Monash is also famous for developing a coal industry in the Latrobe Valley. (These guys just cannot stay away from geology, no matter how hard they try!!!.)

All those wine regions you were being advised about are associated with specific rock types, especially limestones (except for the Riverina wine areas where it is a soil type related to climate). King Island cheese, partly due to the King Island granite derived soils and so on......

Best part of being a geo, nearly all the scenic places in the world are made of - ROCKS. So it is all work related, see, there can be advantages in some sorts of obsessions!

And the barrier reef - well rocks again. Of you could go to W Aus and see a bigger reef that formed about 450 million years ago, and in the Flinders one from 650 million years ago.

CupraIbiza

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:47 am

Melbourne is nice but since you're coming from Europe its nothing particularly special

As a resident I totally agree. Nothing to see here. Nothing at all. No really. No one come here for a visit.
24c today; not a cloud in the sky. City is buzzing with AFL Grand Final Week. then the true "festive season" continues with the Spring racing Carnival. Nothing to see here
Everyday is a gift…… but why does it have to be a pair of socks?

Zkpilot

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:04 am

Quoting CupraIbiza (Reply 27):
Melbourne is nice but since you're coming from Europe its nothing particularly special

As a resident I totally agree. Nothing to see here. Nothing at all. No really. No one come here for a visit.
24c today; not a cloud in the sky. City is buzzing with AFL Grand Final Week. then the true "festive season" continues with the Spring racing Carnival. Nothing to see here

Whats AFL?
signed half of Australia and the entire rest of the world!
Horse racing? oh goody... Melbourne Cup yes is pretty cool though.
24deg, cloudless....sounds like a lot of places around the world... like I said nothing special especially compared to Europe.
56 types. 38 countries. 24 airlines.

WunalaYann

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:30 am

Going To Australia! Any Suggestions?

More than anything else, there are two things you need to know:

1) Rugby League sucks. Big time. Only the brawls are fun and yet these morons are trying to legislate them out of the game.

2) Australia is a monarchy, whose head of state is Queen Elizabeth II (at the moment) and shall remain so for ever.

3) Neither one of the above items suffer any form of discussion, much less disagreement.

Now that I have properly  stirthepot , I wish you a very enjoyable stay in our beautiful country!!

biggrin 

Kent350787

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:44 am

Quoting WunalaYann (Reply 29):
whose head of state is Queen Elizabeth II (at the moment) and shall remain so for ever.

But, contrary to this statement, I don't believe she is immortal!  Smile

Your statement number 1 is an incontrovertable fact (I don't know whether growing up in Wollongong and living in Sydney this makes me weird, or was the reason for my views?).

I wish No.2 wasn't an incontrovertable fact, but we Australians can be very stupid......  Wink

Kent

WunalaYann

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:57 am

Quoting Kent350787 (Reply 30):
But, contrary to this statement, I don't believe she is immortal!

Ah, but King William has a nice ring to him, plus the chicks love him so really there is nothing to complain about.  Wink

(I don't know whether growing up in Wollongong and living in Sydney this makes me weird, or was the reason for my views?

See? Even you people from NSW manage to be relevant sometimes.  Wink Rugby Union is the one and only game, although AFL has its merits. We all know that. Oh, and VB tastes like sh*t, too.

Kent350787

Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:10 am

Quoting WunalaYann (Reply 31):
Oh, and VB tastes like sh*t, too.

But not as bad as Foster's. And then there's those Northerners who drink the aptly named **** - oops, sorry, XXXX.
 Big grin

Kent

baroque

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:09 pm

(I don't know whether growing up in Wollongong and living in Sydney this makes me weird, or was the reason for my views?

See? Even you people from NSW manage to be relevant sometimes.

Well born in Wollygong, he can almost certainly see in the dark, it is dark and it is midday, we must be in Wollongong.

Quoting Kent350787 (Reply 32):

But not as bad as Foster's. And then there's those Northerners who drink the aptly named **** - oops, sorry, XXXX.

I thought we were trying to get him to drink wine? Heaven only knows, Fosters needs more wine customers than they need more beer customers!!

Nobody has mentioned the Blue Mtns (mostly rocks of course) but also not bad scenery as long as you do not quite expect the Grand Canyon. And in Jan you will get to see why they are called the blue Mtns - main theory is expelled resins from the gum trees. World class events everywhere!

Catalyst tonight reminded me what a fine coast we have from Bald Hill down to Kiama. Bald Hill is where Lawrence Hargrave flew his pioneering box kites back in 1894 - oh bugger more rocks.  wink  If you stop at the bridge just S of Coal Cliff, you get to see the Permian - Triassic extinction event in the cliff side too.

CupraIbiza

Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:26 am

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 28):
Whats AFL?
signed half of Australia and the entire rest of the world!
Horse racing? oh goody... Melbourne Cup yes is pretty cool though.
24deg, cloudless....sounds like a lot of places around the world... like I said nothing special especially compared to Europe.

Hey I agree with you. I said dont come. Nothing to see here.

Quoting WunalaYann (Reply 29):
whose head of state is Queen Elizabeth II (at the moment) and shall remain so for ever.

But, contrary to this statement, I don't believe she is immortal!

We arent a republic because the "republicans" cant agree between themselves what sort of model to replace the current system. Until their is agreeance on this then it will be a case of all hail King Bill

Quoting Kent350787 (Reply 32):

I will be enjoying a nice supply of Carlton Draught tomorrow. Makes all the others mentioned taste like um urine!
Everyday is a gift…… but why does it have to be a pair of socks?

WunalaYann

Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:33 am

Quoting CupraIbiza (Reply 34):
I will be enjoying a nice supply of Carlton Draught tomorrow. Makes all the others mentioned taste like um urine!

And with due respect to our friends on the other side of the Bass, Boag's and Cascade still kick pretty good bum when it comes to beer.  biggrin 

Speaking of which, it's beer o'clock, and we have just received our latest supply of my favourite beers so let's go. My latest benefit/cost ratio just scored a paltry 0.394, it's 4.30pm, nice outside, I say bugger it.

Smile

klmcedric

Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:58 am

Ok, so there will be beer in Australia.
I don 't see how it possibly can go wrong then.
Thanks, folks, I don't think I need to know anything else!

baroque

Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:43 am

Quoting KLMCedric (Reply 36):
I don't think I need to know anything else!

Almost certainly you do, but even more certainly us lot are not going to tell you! But avagood trip.