cumulus

Nokia Launches IPhone Rival!

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:30 pm

I am now getting to the opinion where I think there is too much choice!!

I have problems just texting with my N95!!

Looks impressive though and the market is getting very competitive, certainly with the release of the Google "Android" phone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7649397.stm
What Goes Up Must Come Down, Hopefully In One Piece!

mt99

RE: Nokia Launches IPhone Rival!

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:34 pm

Looks really nice. I'll definately keep a close eye on it.

I just cannot justify myself to be chained to ATT (here in the US) for the rest of the iphone's useful life..
Step into my office, baby

UN_B732

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:37 pm

I'm a big fan of the Samsung i900 (Their GSM iPhone rival). I played with it and probably will be buying one soon. Price is steep ($1000 retail here in Moscow) but it seems to be a great little device.

-A
What now?

andaman

Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:42 am

That looks quite good. Generally I am not a big fan of Nokia's design, don't know how they got that 40 per cent market share globally. Well their phones are user friendly at least. As a Finnish tax payer I can only hope they keep on going, they still have their headquarters here...
Chinese cookie in SFO: "You're doomed to a life of forever travelling abroad and to be able to afford it!"

Elite

Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:13 am

I much prefer my E66. Nokia generally makes very nice phones that are very reliable.

HapppyLandings

Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:23 am

Nothing will ever be a competitor to the iPhone... Apple is a cult! People do not want to say I have the Nokia 995374573748374834783. They want to say I have the latest version of the iPhone...

Quite peculiar.

BTW. The new nokia is nowhere near as good looking as the iPhone.... As much as I am a non user of anything apple (for business purposes) the nokia just does(and will never have) the 'cool' factor....

I was always a Blackberry guy until recently, when I decided I did not want to be reached by any means 24/7..... Welcome the Motorola KRZR, and with it... "piss off and dont bother me"  Smile

If it were not for that excuse, I would be an iPhone guy.... That is one cool piece of equipment!.

LOL!!! By the way, while doing spell check before I posted... iPhone is in the a.net dictionary....... Nokia is not recognized..... that is comical.

bill142

Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:38 am

Making phones is what Nokia does and does best. This one will take sales away from the iPhone due to it's lower purchase price. Nokia has a habit of coming to market with innovations late, and has a habit of succeeding when doing it.

MadameConcorde

Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:44 am

Good on Nokia.

I do not buy these but if I was to buy, I would chose Nokia over the i-phone.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

cumulus

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:09 am

Quoting HapppyLandings (Reply 5):
Nothing will ever be a competitor to the iPhone...

Bit of a sweeping comment there don't you think?

andaman

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:10 am

Quoting HapppyLandings (Reply 5):
Nothing will ever be a competitor to the iPhone... Apple is a cult! People do not want to say I have the Nokia 995374573748374834783. They want to say I have the latest version of the iPhone...

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 6):
This one will take sales away from the iPhone due to it's lower purchase price. Nokia has a habit of coming to market with innovations late, and has a habit of succeeding when doing it.

Nokia and Apple target to the different markets, Nokia's volumes are huge. They sell more than a million phones every day.
I wouldn't buy a iPod or any expensive must-have-things, I rather buy air tickets ,)
Chinese cookie in SFO: "You're doomed to a life of forever travelling abroad and to be able to afford it!"

ThePRGuy

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:11 am

I think the unlimited music thing is a bit irresponsible.

Their argument is that it will ween people off downloading illegally - but if you down 3,000 tracks in a year for example, that is worth more than £129.95.

Not good practice in the current climate of music purchasing.
Heathrow has been described as the only building site to have its own airport.

MadameConcorde

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:14 am

Quoting Andaman (Reply 9):
I wouldn't buy a iPod or any expensive must-have-things, I rather buy air tickets ,)

The same goes here. I love my trips, mileage runs, status with airlines, lounge access and free upgrades!!

However if I was to buy I'd still prefer Nokia over the i-phone.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

cumulus

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:22 am

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 11):
The same goes here. I love my trips, mileage runs, status with airlines, lounge access and free upgrades!!

Glad to see you have your priorities right Mrs!!!!

andaman

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:38 am

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 11):

checkmark 

The more older I grow the more I like the 'Services Over Stuff' thinking.

pawsleykat

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:43 am

It doesn't look as nice as the iPhone imo. It seems wayy too chunky and brick-esque  Smile
I don't think Apple have any problems with this competitor.
How much memory will the new phone have though?
Apple's iPhone is 16Gb? The Nokia N95 is 8Gb although a 16Gb version is due for release next month I believe  Smile

I'll just make both companies happy with my Nokia N95 and (soon to come) iPhone  Smile

Quoting Cumulus (Thread starter):
I have problems just texting with my N95!!

Lol. What problems do you have texting with it? Do you find the buttons rather small?

JG  Yeah sure
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

SInGAPORE_AIR

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:04 am

The Nokia 5800 or "Tube" is a good phone.

However, it seems more targeted to the youth market who want full multimedia capabilities and something cool... which is fine.

I however, will be waiting to upgrade to the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1. It runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and has 384MB of onboard RAM. It seems very capable.

http://www.gearpatrol.com/images/sony.xperia.x1.lg.jpg
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

ThePRGuy

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:13 am

Quoting Singapore_Air (Reply 15):

Why get a Sony Ericsson Windows phone when you could get a far superior HTC device with all of their experience with windows mobile?

HTC make superb handsets.

Elite

Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:44 am

Quoting ThePRGuy (Reply 16):

A lot of it has to do with big names, big brands etc. Apple, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, all these are major players in the mobile phone market and much bigger than HTC.

Kind of why everyone wants the iPod when you could get a cheaper, larger memory Microsoft Zune or SanDisk mp3 player.

teme1976

Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:44 am

Quoting Andaman (Reply 13):
The more older I grow the more I like the 'Services Over Stuff' thinking.

My thoughts exactly. As a friend of mine says: "Ascetic is esthetic". Or saying less is more...

Having said that, if my 5 years old Nokia decides to retire I would consider buying the new "Nokia touch screen phone" .

ThePRGuy

Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:05 pm

Quoting Elite (Reply 18):
Kind of why everyone wants the iPod when you could get a cheaper, larger memory Microsoft Zune or SanDisk mp3 player.

not really the same kettle of fish as we are talking completely different product and operating system.

HTC make great quality windows 6.1 handsets - for instance the TYTN which is much like that SE one above, whereas SE are just entering this market, having used symbian for a long long time - which makes me think - why get the Sony on a windows mobile handset where HTC have much cheaper, reliable models..

andz

Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Quoting Elite (Reply 4):
Nokia generally makes very nice phones that are very reliable.

I have had 5110, 6130, 6310, 6310i, 6680 and now have an E51. The only lemon was the 6680, battery life was garbage and the slide cam hardly ever worked properly. The E51 is the best phone I have ever had, it does everything I need to do so I don't see any iPhones or iClones in my future.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

mt99

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Quoting Andaman (Reply 9):
Nokia and Apple target to the different markets, Nokia's volumes are huge. They sell more than a million phones every day.

Exactly. and that is why it could a problem for Apple

http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/007853.html

yowza

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:52 pm

Quoting Singapore_Air (Reply 15):
I however, will be waiting to upgrade to the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1. It runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and has 384MB of onboard RAM. It seems very capable.

I have an iPhone which I got for free from my carrier Fido. The only reason I got it was because of production delays holding back the Xperia X1. It's not bad, not great.

Why get a Sony Ericsson Windows phone when you could get a far superior HTC device with all of their experience with windows mobile?

HTC make superb handsets.

HTC is in fact manufacturing the X1 handsets for SE.

YOWza

SInGAPORE_AIR

Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:16 pm

you could get a far superior HTC device with all of their experience with windows mobile?

Not a fan of the HTC design. I think the X1, being a dynamic, innovative and eye-catching design and piece of equipment expresses myself better when it comes to mobile phones.

and

Quoting YOWza (Reply 22):

checkmark 
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

Klaus

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:32 pm

What makes the iPhone a hot seller is primarily the following:

- the firmware (OS X)

- the multi-touch user interface with various touch gestures

- the capacitive touch screen (needs only a slight touch, no actual pressure)

None of the would-be "iPhone killers" thus far has even come close to that combination, and the new Nokia apparently is no exception according to the tests I've seen.

Having some kind of touch screen (especially if it's just a resistive one as in this case) and at first glance looking somewhat similar to the iPhone misses the point completely, as anyone can easily find out by just using both devices side by side.

mt99

Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:54 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 24):

I've been meaning to ask.. why is this so important.. my bf has 3G iphone.. and sure its "cool" to zoom in and stuff.. but the same functions can be performed differently. This definatly plays more into the "wow" factor.

-What makes the Nokia one interesting, at least to me,

- Is the fact that is not tethered to a particular carrier,

- the GPS maps are actually loaded into the phone so when you are out of the country you can still use the GPS function without incurring in expensive data roaming.

- Has an FM radio!!

- Unlimited music for 1 year

bravo45

Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:13 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 25):

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 25):
- Has an FM radio!!

...combined with the standard headphone jack, this is the only phone that meets all specs I would have liked to have in a phone. And the free music download which will me mp3 is just the sweetest icing on the cake. The only other one that came close is a Sony Erricson phone but I wasn't too sure how good it is. I was tempted to get it but this one, on paper blows everyone else out of the park. Seems to have a nice battery life too. Really looking forward to its release in the US.

Klaus

Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:59 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 25):
I've been meaning to ask.. why is this so important.. my bf has 3G iphone.. and sure its "cool" to zoom in and stuff.. but the same functions can be performed differently. This definatly plays more into the "wow" factor.

Ease of use — to which the animations do actually contribute as well — for most people makes the difference between functionality they actually keep using in practice and just trying it once and then deciding that it's not worth the hassle.

There's a reason why the iPhone is the first smartphone that's actually used by most of its owners for internet access and all the other functions which other smartphones also could be used for but actually aren't to any significant degree.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 25):
-What makes the Nokia one interesting, at least to me,

- Is the fact that is not tethered to a particular carrier,

- the GPS maps are actually loaded into the phone so when you are out of the country you can still use the GPS function without incurring in expensive data roaming.

- Has an FM radio!!

All valid points. Just actually try to use the phones in question for a bit, then decide what's right for you. Often theoretically attractive bullet points aren't of any practical use after purchase.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 25):

Actually severely restricted.

Quoting Bravo45 (Reply 26):
And the free music download which will me mp3 is just the sweetest icing on the cake.

As far as I'm aware it's actually tightly DRM-restricted WMA which can only be played on the phone, on one computer and nowhere else. And it all evaporates after your phone expires or the licensing servers are shut down, whichever comes first.

There have been numerous schemes like that before, with many disgruntled users whose access to their "unlimited" music has simply evaporated after the provider decided to cancel the program.

mt99

Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:34 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 27):
Just actually try to use the phones in question for a bit, then decide what's right for you. Often theoretically attractive bullet points aren't of any practical use after purchase.

I use my bf iphone all the time. While the unlimited music is indeed icing on the cake, the loaded maps is a great selling point for me, and the radio too - but the fact that is unlocked really is the major selling point

Great interface will never make up for expensive data roaming.

Great interface will not make an FM radio appear on the iphone

Great interface will not force me to be stuck with ATT

As far as I'm aware it's actually tightly DRM-restricted WMA which can only be played on the phone, on one computer and nowhere else. And it all evaporates after your phone expires or the licensing servers are shut down, whichever comes first.

There have been numerous schemes like that before, with many disgruntled users whose access to their "unlimited" music has simply evaporated after the provider decided to cancel the program.

You might be right.. Ill check the details.. but regardles.. the FM radio remains  

[Edited 2008-10-05 18:36:07]

Klaus

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:35 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 28):
Great interface will never make up for expensive data roaming.

It depends on the amount of roaming you require and on the actual prices.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 28):
Great interface will not make an FM radio appear on the iphone

You must have fabulous FM stations... over here it's formatted-to-death-always-the-same-few-titles music and only a few information channels which might be worth it — but those would be available through internet streaming anyway.

I had actually toyed briefly with the idea of getting one of the add-on FM receivers to my iPod, but in the end I couldn't really see the point.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 28):
Great interface will not force me to be stuck with ATT

No. I'd still take a good look at the other device before making a decision about the entire package. Mere bullet lists are often deceptive.

sovietjet

Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:27 am

Quoting Elite (Reply 18):
A lot of it has to do with big names, big brands etc. Apple, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, all these are major players in the mobile phone market and much bigger than HTC.

Apple IS NOT a major player in the phone market. Just because the iphone gets a lot of hype doesn't mean that Apple is a major phone seller. They have ONE phone to sell! Nokia, Motorola, LG and Sony are way ahead of apple in terms of volume.

Klaus

Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:39 am

Quoting Sovietjet (Reply 30):
Apple IS NOT a major player in the phone market. Just because the iphone gets a lot of hype doesn't mean that Apple is a major phone seller. They have ONE phone to sell! Nokia, Motorola, LG and Sony are way ahead of apple in terms of volume.

Depends on the segment. In the no- or low-margin segments Apple just doesn't compete at all (as with their other products). In the (currently) much smaller smartphone segment it's another matter — they do have a meaningful and still growing presence there. And they are actually growing that segment as a whole.

andaman

Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:12 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 31):
much smaller smartphone segment it's another matter

According to Gartner the smartphone market shares Q2 2008:

Nokia.. 47,5
RIM.... 17,4
HTC.... 4,1
Sharp...4,1
Fujitsu..3,3
Apple... 2,8

Apple's market share is small, expected to grow though.

http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=754112

[Edited 2008-10-05 21:18:55]

bravo45

Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:43 am

Thanks for the headsup, I'll keep my expectations low on this one then until assured from a reliable source. But I still think if the phone delivers the specs it claims, I am waiting for it.

ThePRGuy

Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:40 am

Quoting YOWza (Reply 22):

Well I take it all back.

Klaus

Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:03 am

Quoting Andaman (Reply 32):
Apple's market share is small, expected to grow though.

Apple's (official) market share was especially low when looking at the fact that they hadn't offered the iPhone in most of the world (ignoring the export of unlocked iPhones from the US) before the advent of the 3G model.

So let's look at a meaningful segment of the worldwide market:

US smartphone market share down for Apple in 2008

Down, that is, to 19.2% in Q1/08 relative to 26.7% in Q4/07. There has been a substantial drop-off shortly before release of the 3G iPhone in the middle of '08 when Apple let its supply channel run dry of the old model (even then demand would have been higher).

Actual usage of the smartphone functionality puts the iPhone even higher — most other smartphones are actually just used for making calls most of the time which doesn't speak highly of the usability of the "smart" features there.

Looks like Apple being a major player already, even that early in the game...

mt99

Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:32 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 29):

It depends on the amount of roaming you require and on the actual prices.

Unfortunately - i travel abroad often.

Quoting Klaus (Reply 35):

Looks like Apple being a major player already, even that early in the game...

Motorola had a huge chunk of the pie with the original Razr. Look at them now.. Im just saying  Smile

Quoting Klaus (Reply 29):

You must have fabulous FM stations

Listening to NPR on the train to work doesn't seem like a bad idea.

In the no- or low-margin segments

In world wide view,, this is the segment that is growing by leaps and bounds

I am not discounting the iphone at all. Once my current ATT contract expires in 5 months i will take closer look at the options.

I'd do it now but the Effers want and additional $200 for the privilege of me paying them more for upgrading my monthly plan, the privilege of me paying an upgrade fee, the privilege of me being stuck with them for all eternity - at least until the phone dies

Revelation

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:42 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 24):
What makes the iPhone a hot seller is primarily the following:

- the firmware (OS X)

- the capacitive touch screen (needs only a slight touch, no actual pressure)

None of the would-be "iPhone killers" thus far has even come close to that combination, and the new Nokia apparently is no exception according to the tests I've seen.

Having some kind of touch screen (especially if it's just a resistive one as in this case) and at first glance looking somewhat similar to the iPhone misses the point completely, as anyone can easily find out by just using both devices side by side.

All very good points.

For some reason, the phone vendors seem to not understand it's all about usability.

The biggest problem I have is Apple's typical heavy-handed marketing approach. The long term lock-in with a single vendor makes it next to impossible for me to stomach buying one of these.

Also I'm not ready to fork up the premium for 3G access, ATT or otherwise. It's just not worth it to me.

Sooner or later someone will come up with a highly usable iPhone clone without the onerous terms and conditions, and I'll take a good look at it. One thing I'm sure of - it won't be based on Windows Mobile, which is piss poor when it comes to usability.

I doubt I'm the typical user, but all that really matters to me is it sync to my car via Bluetooth and sync to my desktop PC via BT or USB. That, and it must run Solitare!  Smile
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

Klaus

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:46 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 36):
Unfortunately - i travel abroad often.

Then roaming can be a relevant issue indeed, if the iPhone carrier's roaming offers are that much worse than those of the competition. Which is one thing which is likely to develop further even in the short run.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 36):
Motorola had a huge chunk of the pie with the original Razr. Look at them now.. Im just saying

Absolutely — they screwed themselves by letting their product range stagnate after an initial success. If Apple should ever do that as well they might suffer the same fate. But so far they've got a pretty good record regarding product development and updates.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 36):
Listening to NPR on the train to work doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Sounds plausible... although there are alternative options as well, such as auto-updating podcasts which are easily synced to the iPhone and can be listened to completely regardless of reception. Many people use that approach. NPR does seem to have a substantial presence with free podcasts in the iTunes Store.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 36):
In the no- or low-margin segments

In world wide view,, this is the segment that is growing by leaps and bounds

Apple leaves unprofitable market segments to their competition. And it looks like a good idea as long as they've got a unique and attractive product lineup.

Klaus

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:49 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 37):
The biggest problem I have is Apple's typical heavy-handed marketing approach. The long term lock-in with a single vendor makes it next to impossible for me to stomach buying one of these.

Also I'm not ready to fork up the premium for 3G access, ATT or otherwise. It's just not worth it to me.

Well, I've just got me a new iPod Touch which comes without any strings attached. Since I don't really need a cellphone that badly, it's an excellent alternative for me to hibernate until the provider conditions mature a bit more (meaning lower rates for my relatively casual needs).

Revelation

Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:06 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 39):
Since I don't really need a cellphone that badly, it's an excellent alternative for me to hibernate until the provider conditions mature a bit more (meaning lower rates for my relatively casual needs).

Yes, I agree. I'm hoping the early adopters are helping to pay down the infrastructure so some more reasonable plans will be made available.

I just don't have the need for all that connectivity given the current costs for that connectivity. I am in front of a compter almost all the day anyhow, and getting 3G access would about double my monthly fees. I'd only use it for the novelty factor and when I'm too lazy to open my laptop.

OTOH I think many people would be quite OK with a smartphone being their only Internet access device.
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

mt99

Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:20 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 38):
such as auto-updating podcasts which are easily synced to the iPhone and can be listened to completely regardless of reception.

Eh.. who has the energy? besides sometimes ids just nice to hear whats on the air on that moment

Quoting Klaus (Reply 39):
hibernate until the provider conditions mature a bit more (meaning lower rates for my relatively casual needs).

Thats my take too. I have 5 months to figure it out. I don't think that the provider conditions will change in that time frame

Klaus

Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 40):
Yes, I agree. I'm hoping the early adopters are helping to pay down the infrastructure so some more reasonable plans will be made available.

Exactly my idea. Big grin

Quoting Revelation (Reply 40):
I'd only use it for the novelty factor and when I'm too lazy to open my laptop.

As long as I'm in reach of a WLAN access point, I can just surf the net, read mails and so on through my iPod Touch as well.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 41):
Eh.. who has the energy?

What "energy"? Set up your Mac to automatically switch on in the morning, fetch the latest podcasts and have them synced automatically to your iPhone or iPod.

The only thing you need any energy for is for grabbing your iPhone or iPod when leaving the house. That's it.

keesje

Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:39 pm

I use my old nokia 6310i brick because it drops on the street without getting damaged, has 1 thumb navigation, works a week on a battery and fits my car set. A winner.

Then I have a nice HTC which does everything else. The keyboard / screen work well, but still not as good / functional as the best PDA sofar, the Psion Revo I got in 2000  cry 

some ex revo user put in a color screen..

It always remains a mistery why nobody bought the design & put a regular processor, windows, color screen and most of all decent relaible battery in it..
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

sovietjet

Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:34 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 35):
Actual usage of the smartphone functionality puts the iPhone even higher — most other smartphones are actually just used for making calls most of the time which doesn't speak highly of the usability of the "smart" features there.

Not exactly true. I sold phones for about 2 years at a local retailer which covered almost all major providers. We had multiple carriers and many different phone models to offer to customers. Once I explained the features to them, it was easy to seed out people that actually used "smartphone" features and those that didn't. Those that didn't need the features simply didn't buy a smartphone.

Another example, I have many friends which have smartphones. Blackberrys, Treos, Sonys, Nokias you name it but they all use their phones to the max. Sometimes it actually gets annoying since we'll be out somewhere and they'll be glued to their phone browsing and chatting  Silly

Yes, I have buddies that have the iphone as well, but they all use it just as much as everyone else I know that has a different phone.

Personally, I have an N95 and use everything on it. Many times we'll be in a place where all my iphone friends start bitching about no 3G and struggle to load a page while I have no issues with my 3G. I haven't been able to figure out why that is the case yet....

bravo45

Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:30 am

This thread had me thinking about me changing my, over 3 yr old but trusty Nokia 6620. One of the reasons I didn't get another was the fact that I really haven't liked anything else very much. So browsing about the phone in question, Nokia N95, I came across this Nokia N96.

Very pricy but it seems to blow everything else out of the park. Anyone know anything about this one? Here is a youtube review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyUkNDcD3Lg

keesje

Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:43 am

Quoting Bravo45 (Reply 45):
Very pricy but it seems to blow everything else out of the park. Anyone know anything about this one? Here is a youtube review:

For my next agenda / phone / messenger / notes makes / camera / navigation system / MP3 player / alarm clock / radio, TV is definately a must.  faint  In my life I spend a lot of time waiting..

Then again I want it to store the latest TV news so I can view on demand Big grin Does it exist?

If it exists I want a beamer too in my handset & it should last a week  rotfl 
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

bravo45

Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:27 am

Quoting Keesje (Reply 46):

lol

I am with you, trust me (if you were being sarcastic that is). I am still not convinced that a camera has anything to do in a cell phone, but then for my requirements mainly mp3 and a radio, there is only one Sony Ericsson that I can think of. I am still not entirely convinced on this one and though I too hate waiting but then I have never felt eager about any phone be it the Razr craze or Iphone-mania or anything in between since the 3-4 years I've had mine. Looks like Nokia will offer some options, so I am listening and watching.

nqyguy

Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:37 am

I have an N95 8GB Black at the moment, and I've been reasonably happy with it- but it does get a bit sentimental at times!

Anyway, I think I'm due for a contract upgrade next month. I just wandering what they'll give me as an upgrade to the N95!

sovietjet

Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Quoting NQYGuy (Reply 48):
Anyway, I think I'm due for a contract upgrade next month. I just wandering what they'll give me as an upgrade to the N95!

The N96?