skysurfer

Alice Cooper Concert

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:40 pm

Hey all, been a long time since i started a thread but just have to now. I saw Alice Cooper in concert (Ottawa - Landsowne park) last night (sat 11th) and it was AWESOME! Has anyone else ever seen him live? I'll admit to not wanting to go 'coz it's not really my kind of music, but boy was i bown away by the show and it turned out to be fantastic...specially the 'hanging' part where it looked like he'd hung himself from the gallows! I've never seen a show like that where so much theatricals has been performed and sooo much energy has been spewed out....it's definately the best concert i've been too!!! So, anyone wanna share their Cooper stories then go right ahead!

Cheers

Stu

ps...Econoline Crush opened for them and they were brilliant! Not bad for saying my ticket was free  Smile
In the dark you can't see ugly, but you can feel fat

IHadAPheo

RE: Alice Cooper Concert

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:48 pm

I had the pleasure of seeing Alice a couple of times in KBUF around 1977-1979. A great time was had by all. Those were is full shows with all the props .... Ah to be young again... (And of course Al was a bit younger back then as well)

IHAP
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

Cadet57

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:17 am

No but I listen to him every night on the radio. Nights with Alice Cooper  biggrin 
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

slider

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:39 am

Not my speed, but I'd sure like to golf with him.

He's a fascinating guy and, like Gene Simmons, truly runs polar from his stage ego and musician presence.

DLPMMM

Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:18 pm

I've got tix to see him in ACY at the House of Blues on November 1 (day after Holloween!). It'll be a blast from the past, so to speak.

ER757

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Saw him ages ago (late 70's or early 80's) and he had the same band that played on Lou Reed's Rock & Roll Animal album. Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner on guitar, Prakesh John on bass, Whitey Glan on drums - they were amazing. He put on a great stage show too. There was a live album from that tour called "The Alice Cooper Show" and I still have it.

KevinL1011

Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:40 am

Good to hear Vinnie is still playing and attracting a younger audience.
I saw Alice in ''74 during the "Billion Dollar Babies" tour. They had a prop guillotine and cut off Alice's head then played "I love the dead". I think the bands of the '70's pretty much did it all back then and are still being copied today.
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

bristolflyer

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:29 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 2):
No but I listen to him every night on the radio. Nights with Alice Cooper

That show is  vomit 

He's a terrible DJ, always name dropping about his great friend Robert Plant/Jimmy Page etc etc. He seems like a decent guy, I like some of his music, but his radio show blows.
Fortune favours the brave