bmacleod

What Will Bush Do After January 20?

Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:41 pm

I recently read Fmr Pres. Lyndon Johnson's biography on wikipedia. It said that after leaving the White House in January 1969, Johnson went into a state of "self-destruction".. chain-smoking and heavy drinking. He only lived 4 years, dying in January 1973.

Now I'm assuming Bush, another Texan, will be much wiser in his post-presidential life and not revert to his early years but who can say for sure....

[Edited 2008-10-13 07:55:52]
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

johns624

RE: What Will Bush Do After January 20?

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:03 pm

He's going to declare martial law and crown himself Emperor-For-Life.  Smile

TUNisia

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Stand trial hopefully  Smile
Someday the sun will shine down on me in some faraway place - Mahalia Jackson

misbeehavin

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:09 pm

He will try and become Sec Gen of the UN, an organization he holds in such high regard.  Wink

ltbewr

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:12 pm

He will live in the Dallas area as his wife Laura was looking for homes there earlier this year. That will make it easier to be close to the site of the construction and set up of his Presidential Library to be on the campus of Southern Methodist University. I also suspect he will work on his Presidential biography as well, a common and multi-million $ making post-Presidency activity. I doubt he will be like Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter post-Presidentally active in foundations to help the public or the lesser of our world's society. I supect he will be largely shunned by the mainstream Republican party.

Unlike recent past Presidents, I don't think he will go on any big time money speaking tours to big corporations like Bill Clinton, his father and Reagan did, at least for the foreseeable future. His tenure as President with it's many problems as to policy and due to his his weak speaking style will limit those opportunities. I doubt he will travel outside the USA due to fears of arrests by people or governments of other countries for 'war crimes' or charges of crimes against humanity for the Iraq war, torture and the like. He may also face a number of Congressional investigations as to his war and other policies to take up his time for a few year.

GWB is in good physical condition, he often runs or rides a bicycle, his father is still alive at I think about 82-83 years old, so I suspect he will be around for a number of years, probably into his 80's.

Beaucaire

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:13 pm

Become honorary president of Skull & Bones..

devil 
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

misbeehavin

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:15 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 4):
I doubt he will travel outside the USA due to fears of arrests by people or governments of other countries for 'war crimes' or charges of crimes against humanity for the Iraq war, torture and the like.

Agree that he probably won't travel internationally much, but not for fear of arrest. Rather, for fear of the outside world. I think he'd happily be able to spend the rest of his life without setting foot outside of TX.

sv7887

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Quoting Misbeehavin (Reply 6):
Agree that he probably won't travel internationally much, but not for fear of arrest. Rather, for fear of the outside world. I think he'd happily be able to spend the rest of his life without setting foot outside of TX.

Actually this sounds a lot like LBJ. Outside of his "Base" I doubt Bush has any appeal whatsoever. You might see him in some GOP fundraisers but that is about it. He'll likely keep a low profile.

I don't know if anyone remembers McNamara (Not a President, but a polarizing figure for sure) and he was actually nearly beaten up when he went out to eat...Bush has SS protection, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a less than friendly reception outside of TX.

baroque

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:49 pm

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 7):
.Bush has SS protection,

Trouble is some would think that meant something slightly different bit still quite possible!

Charles79

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:55 pm

Kinda off topic but that would be an interesting line to have on your resume.

"So, Mr. X, it says in here that you were President of the U.S./Prime Minister of UK/etc. What exactly did you do in that position?"

"Uhmm, run a country."

Actually, I wonder if Presidents/Prime Ministers/et al do even think of going back to politics (as a state senator/gov, city mayor, or even run for Congress). Or are they just done with it and want to kick back and relax (and curse all the new laws that he/she enacted while in power!)?

Also, are former Presidents allowed to drive now that they're off duty or do they have SS drive everywhere?

Revelation

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:57 pm

That will make it easier to be close to the site of the construction and set up of his Presidential Library to be on the campus of Southern Methodist University.

I guess this will end up being the worlds largest collection of coloring books? Comics? Beer cozys? T-shirts?
Inspiration, move me brightly! Light the song with sense and color.
Hold away despair, more than this I will not ask.
Faced with mysteries dark and vast, statements just seem vain at last.
Some rise, some fall, some climb, to get to Terrapin!

allstarflyer

Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:02 pm

If Bud Selig ever steps down, I hear Dubya would like the position of MLB Commissioner. Heard that a few years ago.
Living the American Dream

ShyFlyer

Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:30 pm

He will become the next host of Pants Off Dance Off
I lift things up and put them down.

ConcordeBoy

Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Quoting Misbeehavin (Reply 6):
I think he'd happily be able to spend the rest of his life without setting foot outside of TX.

Couldn't disagree more... dude'll be fishing on the Rio Pilcomayo for the rest of his life, completely oblivious to the turmoil that he's caused/costed the nation and world.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

ME AVN FAN

Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:18 pm

Quoting Bmacleod (Thread starter):
Johnson went into a state of "self-destruction".. chain-smoking and heavy drinking. He only lived 4 years, dying in January 1973.

-
LBJ was intelligent enough to realize his failure in regard to Vietnam ..........
-

if he gets a less than friendly reception outside of TX.

-
He most certainly will sometimes visit Kennebunkport/Maine, the "base" of his wider family
-

Quoting Baroque (Reply 8):
.Bush has SS protection,

Trouble is some would think that meant something slightly different

YES, I for a moment almost jumped, before realising the actual meaning in this context !  Yeah sure
-

Quoting Charles79 (Reply 9):
Presidents/Prime Ministers/et al do even think of going back to politics

-
French President Valéry Giscard d'Estaing for many years was/is in parliament, in a leading position in his home-area etc. AFTER the end of his presidency. Italian Prime Ministers tend to return to that job up to 7 times after some intervals. German Federal Chancellor Willy Brandt after his resignation as Chancellor for many years stayed on as party chief and in parliament. Mrs Thatcher after leaving 10 Downing Street became a member of the House of Lords. The same was with Harold Macmillan who for ages served in the Upper House as Earl of Stockport. Former Swiss Federal Counciller Adolf Ogi after leaving the Federal government for some years was U.N. Ambassador for Sports.
-

misbeehavin

Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:51 pm

Actually this sounds a lot like LBJ. Outside of his "Base" I doubt Bush has any appeal whatsoever. You might see him in some GOP fundraisers but that is about it. He'll likely keep a low profile.

I don't know if anyone remembers McNamara (Not a President, but a polarizing figure for sure) and he was actually nearly beaten up when he went out to eat...Bush has SS protection, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a less than friendly reception outside of TX.

I don't think his reasons for "hiding out" will be a result of low popularity or safety concerns, bur rather his nature.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 13):
Couldn't disagree more... dude'll be fishing on the Rio Pilcomayo for the rest of his life, completely oblivious to the turmoil that he's caused/costed the nation and world.

Texas, Pilcomayo... Same thing. They're both in the middle of nowhere.

Superfly

Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:58 pm

I have a feeling the Dubya has started drinking again.  Smile
I bet Laura hasn't given him any in several years and wishes she married a rich oil baron instead.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 14):
LBJ was intelligent enough to realize his failure in regard to Vietnam

Very true.

My guess is that he'll stay in Texas and do nothing. Sit around the house and watch TV and surf the Internet. Occasionally giving speeches at small Bible schools.

Quoting TUNisia (Reply 2):
Stand trial hopefully Smile

checkmark 
Agreed!
Bring back the Concorde

SAN787

Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:03 pm

dye his hair back to brown.
those who don't get carried away should be.

DocLightning

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:46 pm

Unlike recent past Presidents, I don't think he will go on any big time money speaking tours to big corporations like Bill Clinton, his father and Reagan did, at least for the foreseeable future. His tenure as President with it's many problems as to policy and due to his his weak speaking style will limit those opportunities. I doubt he will travel outside the USA due to fears of arrests by people or governments of other countries for 'war crimes' or charges of crimes against humanity for the Iraq war, torture and the like. He may also face a number of Congressional investigations as to his war and other policies to take up his time for a few year.

I agree with what you said here. He would be very stupid to leave the U.S. since as soon as he sets foot on certain foreign soil, he could be arrested. I would like nothing more than to see him at The Hague, but I don't think that will happen.

When Bill Clinton was asked this very same question 8 years ago, his answer was something like "The first thing I am going to do is take some time off. Being President isn't easy and the first thing I really need is a big huge break."

You're wealthy, you're in your 50's, and you just held what is arguably the highest office in the world. For eight years. Go on vacation.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

misbeehavin

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:54 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 18):
ou're wealthy, you're in your 50's, and you just held what is arguably the highest office in the world. For eight years. Go on vacation.

But Dubya already spends more time vacationing while in office than any president before him!

Dougloid

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:56 pm

What Will Bush Do After January 20?

Who fucking cares?

Big version: Width: 400 Height: 310 File size: 22kb
give a fuck-o-meter
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

Phoenix9

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:05 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 16):
have a feeling the Dubya has started drinking again

You are probably right. Judging by some olympics pictures that were posted here and elsewhere, certainly looks like it.  drunk   scared 

I bet Laura hasn't given him any in several years

Probably right on that too. At least Clinton had the balls to go after Monica  tongue 
Life only makes sense when you look at it backwards.

Superfly

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Laura probably wishes she married Larry Hagman (J.R.) instead.
Now I am beginning to think Dubya shot JR., not Kristin Shepard  scratchchin 

Anyone want to take a stab at what I am getting at here?  Wink

Quoting Phoenix9 (Reply 21):
At least Clinton had the balls to go after Monica

I am sure Clinton had other gals much more attractive than Monica but she was the only one to speak publicly about it.
Bring back the Concorde

PSA53

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Equal time.What will Barack Obama really do after January 20th?

Sign,
Undecided voter
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

SHUPirate1

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:59 pm

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 23):

The way things look right now, "I, Barack Obama, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God!"
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

PSA53

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:04 pm

Quoting SHUPirate1 (Reply 24):
Quoting PSA53 (Reply 23):

The way things look right now, "I, Barack Obama, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God!"

I hope your right because his past is not in that alignment.And I have the right to question it without the media endorsement free ride.

I hope I can be proud to call Obama as my president.
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

Moose135

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:11 pm

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 13):
... dude'll be fishing on the Rio Pilcomayo for the rest of his life, completely oblivious to the turmoil that he's caused/costed the nation and world.

So not much different from the past 8 years...  Wink

Quoting Charles79 (Reply 9):

Actually, I wonder if Presidents/Prime Ministers/et al do even think of going back to politics (as a state senator/gov, city mayor, or even run for Congress). Or are they just done with it and want to kick back and relax (and curse all the new laws that he/she enacted while in power!)?

In the past, it has happened - most recently (1921) William Howard Taft was appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and in the 19th century, several were elected to other offices, such as Andrew Johnson to the US Senate.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

dc863

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:47 pm

Laugh his ass off at the new Pres. and say "Good luck Obama..........you'll need it"

rfields5421

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:17 pm

Sit around the house and watch TV and surf the Internet.

I don't think he can spell internet.

Quoting Dc863 (Reply 27):
Laugh his ass off at the new Pres. and say "Good luck Obama..........you'll need it"

No matter who it is - he will say that "Not my problem any more"

Quoting Moose135 (Reply 26):
In the past, it has happened - most recently (1921) William Howard Taft was appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and in the 19th century, several were elected to other offices, such as Andrew Johnson to the US Senate.

One of our most vilified presidents - Herbert Hoover - spent 12 years being shunned and given the cold shoulder by the next administration - only to have Harry Truman call upon him to work with finding ways to feed Germany and war ravaged Europe.

That was very similar to the work Hoover had done during and immediately after World War One.

Hoover also worked on commissions under Truman and Eisenhower to reform and reshape the executive branch of the federal government.

Hoover turned down an appointment to US Senate offered in 1949 by New York Governor Dewey.

What ever George Bush does - and I do think he will become a bit well traveled - he will be available when our government needs him in the future.

Whether it is to represent this country at some overseas function, to show the concern of the American people - as his father and Bill Clinton did after the Tsunami, or to advise. Being President never ends.

One of the most comforting images I still remember was after the murder of JFK, when LBJ asked all the living former presidents to the White House to advise him. LBJ, Truman, Eisenhower and Hoover. Now LBJ did not need, or care for the opinions and advice of three former presidents - but he was damned well smart enough to show the country he did consider them assets.

I think Bill Clinton described it very well when he was asked about his friendship with President George H.W. Bush.

He's not a "friend" of George H.W. Bush, he's not a friend of Jimmy Carter, he was not a friend of Ronald Reagan or Gerald Ford or Richard Nixon.

But the ONLY people on this planet who understands what Bill Clinton did and had to do as President, what it means to be an ex-president - were those men.

It's the smallest "trade union" in the world and even guys who don't like each other know they have to work together for the good of the nation at times.

Yes, George Bush does think of the good of this nation when he takes action.

I happen to disagree with him most of the time - but that's a different issue.

As far as what type of Ex-President - I think George Bush will be more in the Gerald Ford mode than the Jimmy Carter mode.

DocLightning

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:18 pm

I have a feeling the Dubya has started drinking again.  
I bet Laura hasn't given him any in several years and wishes she married a rich oil baron instead.

My view: we should have an official Presidential concubine. He/she may choose the concubine, and concubines could be switched out. But it would all be in the open.

Why? Because I don't *want* to live in a country whose higher leader never gets laid. I want my leader to be a happy boy/girl. Multiple studies have shown that people who have more sex are happier, less prone to depression, and have a number of markers of good health (low BP, low cholesterol, low HDL, etc.).

In the old days, a King had his Queen, who he was usually married to for political reasons and quite often didn't get along with, and then the King had his Concubine (or Mistress or whatever), which was an official and recognized woman who was the King's lover. She might or might not even bear his children, depending on the political exegencies of the time.

The point is that we need to be less squeamish about this. If the man needs his pecker sucked, then why can't he have it? I mean, I like getting mine sucked from time to time, don't the rest of you (who own such devices)? He only has the most awesome responsibility in the world. We want him to be chaste on top of it? No. If he needs some booty, then for the love of the world, give it to him!

Incidentally, Obama gets plenty from Michelle. They flirt openly. They're clearly very much in love. I am certain John and Cindy haven't schtupped since before the campaign. Well before.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Superfly

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:27 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 29):
I am certain John and Cindy haven't schtupped since before the campaign. Well before.

I think John McCain meant to pick Sarah Palin as wife #3 instead of VP.  Silly
Getting your decisions all mixed up is a sure sign of aging.
Bring back the Concorde

Rara

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:30 pm

It's sort of sad how much of a joke Bush as become as his presidency ends. He used to be one of the most feared and hated persons in the world, and now he doesn't even appear in the media anymore - at a time of crisis and need for leadership no less! All we see is Paulson at the moment. The whole world looks to America and desparately waits for the election.. For what it's worth, Obama and McCain could set up an intermediary office called "Presidents-to-be" so that the world at least has a phone number to call again..

I just noticed that I haven't ranted against Bush in ages. I used to be a Bush critic of the earlierst hour - already warned against him at a time he wasn't even elected and most of my fellow countrymen hadn't even heard the name. But for some time now Bush-bashing just hasn't been fun anymore. It's like kicking somebody who's already on the ground.

Let's get that episode done with and start over! Whatever candidate will be elected, we'll finally have a proper US president again.
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

dc863

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:31 pm

Quoting Rara (Reply 31):
just noticed that I haven't ranted against Bush in ages. I used to be a Bush critic of the earlierst hour - already warned against him at a time he wasn't even elected and most of my fellow countrymen hadn't even heard the name. But for some time now Bush-bashing just hasn't been fun anymore. It's like kicking somebody who's already on the ground.

Now the right will return the favor by bashing Obama. Believe me the incoming rants will be relentless. Payback's a bitch.

Superfly

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:41 pm

Quoting Rara (Reply 31):
Whatever candidate will be elected, we'll finally have a proper US president again.

If McCain wins and he kicks the bucket soon after being sworn in, you'll have Bush all over again. Only this time it will be Bush with lipstick.  Sad
Bring back the Concorde

ER757

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 22):
I am sure Clinton had other gals much more attractive than Monica but she was the only one to speak publicly about it.

For his sake, I hope so  Smile

I think Bush will fade quickly from the public spotlight and spend time quietly and out of media attention. He very well may write a memior, seems everyone does nowadays. Not sure how well it will go over since I just don't see him making it into a "tell-all" type story. I think he's going to take many secrets to his grave. I doubt there will be many, if any, congressional investigations - I think everyone pretty much just wants this chapter in American history to end and be forgotten.

RJdxer

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:57 pm

Quoting Bmacleod (Thread starter):
It said that after leaving the White House in January 1969, Johnson went into a state of "self-destruction".. chain-smoking and heavy drinking. He only lived 4 years, dying in January 1973.

He also knew that no male in his family lived past the age of 65 or so. When he left to go back to Texas he wanted to spend his remaining time with LadyBird.

Quoting SHUPirate1 (Reply 24):
, Barack Obama, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God!"

That would be 'I, Barrack Hussien Obama...." Somewhere there will be chuckling in Hell.

It's back to Crawford. Don't blame him. I think he'll write a book but just like his dad he will disappear from public view which is how it should be with ex-Presidents unless called upon as Presidents Clinton and Bush 41 were to help with charity. Shame Jimmy Carter can't figure that out.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

dc863

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:07 am

Quoting ER757 (Reply 35):
I think everyone pretty much just wants this chapter in American history to end and be forgotten.

That's what everyone said about Nixon and Carter. Yet in time they somehow are praised for having done something positive.
For Bush perhaps it will be the fact that he did confront islamic terrorism head-on.
How Iraq plays out, well only time will tell.

Superfly

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:08 am

Quoting ER757 (Reply 35):
For his sake, I hope so

Silly

The fat Monica was not that bad. I happen to be a chubby-chaser like Bill. Big grin

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 36):
I think he'll write a book

LOL!  rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Dubya writing something?
May be a coloring book.  Silly
Bring back the Concorde

Rara

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:23 am

Quoting Dc863 (Reply 32):

Now the right will return the favor by bashing Obama. Believe me the incoming rants will be relentless. Payback's a bitch.

I'm sure that'll be a problem for some, but it doesn't really apply to me that much. What you refer to as "right" is - for me - a limited number of people with sometimes bizarre opinions on a.net non_av. Not really relevant in my day-to-day life.

However, having someone in the oval office who can actually do stuff will be very relevant.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 34):
If McCain wins and he kicks the bucket soon after being sworn in, you'll have Bush all over again. Only this time it will be Bush with lipstick. Sad

Hm. That seems indeed possible. But I don't think it would be quite like the Bush adminstration. Bush was a product of his time as a much as a product of his own incompetence. Palin may be equally incompetent, but the times have changed. There is much less acceptance left in America these days for the hazardous and hypocritical maneuvers that the Neocons pulled under Bush. It wouldn't be the same.
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

RJdxer

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:25 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 37):
Dubya writing something?

It will probably sell as well as either of the Clintons books did and read much better than Pelosi's which is gathering dust.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

BN747

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:42 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 35):
He also knew that no male in his family lived past the age of 65 or so. When he left to go back to Texas he wanted to spend his remaining time with LadyBird.

OH Brother....who makes this stuff up?

That would be 'I, Barrack Hussien Obama...." Somewhere there will be chuckling in Hell.

That sounds exactly like someone fresh from a Sarah Palin rally..

It's back to Crawford. Don't blame him. I think he'll write a book..

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl  Boy... the late nite comics are waitinng for that one...

but just like his dad he will disappear from public view which is how it should be with ex-Presidents unless called upon

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl  . yeah I can see someone needing Dubya's input...NOT!

Boy you're hilarious today!

I
Shame Jimmy Carter can't figure that out.

Ummm dude, he's helping people..and he's not asking cameras to cover what's he doing. What kind of person slams a former President for getting down on his knees and hammering nails helping people to a better life?

BN747

..and Bush, he should set an nice ranch 10 miles west of Fallujah, Iraq.. he brought it with American Blood and Dollars. He now owns it. It'd be the biggest 'going away' anyone has ever received.. Now.. who'd want be with him during the welcoming party?
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Superfly

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:47 am

Quoting Rara (Reply 38):
There is much less acceptance left in America these days for the hazardous and hypocritical maneuvers that the Neocons pulled under Bush.

You would think.
There are still a lot of bigots in this country that would shoot themselves in the foot before voting for a Black person or any person of color for the White House.
As I have said before, if the Democrats had nominated a White male protestant, he'd be 20+ points head in the polls and his election would not be in doubt.

Quoting BN747 (Reply 40):

It's back to Crawford. Don't blame him. I think he'll write a book..

rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl Boy... the late nite comics are waitinng for that one...

but just like his dad he will disappear from public view which is how it should be with ex-Presidents unless called upon

rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl . yeah I can see someone needing Dubya's input...NOT!

RJdxer:
Did you get Indigenous Peoples’ Day off today and stay home drinking?
I got Indigenous Peoples’ Day off too but I haven't started drinking yet.  Silly
Your post are very entertaining today.
Bring back the Concorde

RJdxer

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:52 am

OH Brother....who makes this stuff up?

Clark Clifford, Stewart Udall, and Dean Rusk have all said in interviews over the years that President Johnson had a private study convened by his doctor that found that no male in his family had made it past the age of 65 and all had heart disease of one sort or another. It was not his sole reason for not running but it weighed heavily on his mind.

If he follows tradition he will say his full name. Evidently you have a problem with that.

And in another thread who is being a big crybaby about being teased?

Ummm dude, he's helping people..and he's not asking cameras to cover what's he doing.

Really, in Tel Aviv and the Palestinian territories?

What kind of person slams a former President for getting down on his knees and hammering nails helping people to a better life?

How many houses did he build in between meetings with Hamas leaders and interviews putting down his own country?

RJdxer

Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:00 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 41):
RJdxer:

Nope, just deathly tired of the double standard bs I see here from the same people day after day.

BN747

Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:01 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 42):
Clark Clifford, Stewart Udall, and Dean Rusk have all said in interviews over the years that President Johnson had a private study convened by his doctor that found that no male in his family had made it past the age of 65 and all had heart disease of one sort or another. It was not his sole reason for not running but it weighed heavily on his mind.

This is where you 'apply' common sense' regardless what 'other's tell you..screw that, just sit back and watch what happens to Dubya, he's gonna self-destruct over the mess he's created. Quit drinking? You ain't seen nothing yet..his Olympics drunken stupor was nothing compared to what's to come..and guess what future 'Clark Clifford, Stewart Udall, and Dean Rusks' will write nice things about how his came to end...and sadly..suckers will fall for it.

Ummm dude, he's helping people..and he's not asking cameras to cover what's he doing.

Really, in Tel Aviv and the Palestinian territories?

Umm yeah, they're people too dude.

What kind of person slams a former President for getting down on his knees and hammering nails helping people to a better life?

How many houses did he build in between meetings with Hamas leaders and interviews putting down his own country?

You would read it that way. But umm I'd wager his voluntary time exceeds yours by 'literally' years..

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Superfly

Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:03 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 44):
Nope, just deathly tired of the double standard bs I see here from the same people day after day.

Your former Senator Phil Graham would call you a "whiner".  Silly
Bring back the Concorde

skysurfer

Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:09 am

I think he'll head to Boston to join his primate lookalikes for the Tea party  Wink

Cheers

Stu
In the dark you can't see ugly, but you can feel fat

RJdxer

Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 am

Quoting BN747 (Reply 43):
Umm yeah, they're people too dude.

And his trip accomplished exactly what other than prove that he is becoming more and more irrational by the year?

Quoting BN747 (Reply 43):
But umm I'd wager his voluntary time exceeds yours by 'literally' years..

I'm sure it does. I was 17 when he took office and I have been working my entire adult life. If I had a Presidential pension to live off of and all the benefits a former President is granted I'm sure I'd be up there on volunteer time as well.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 45):
Your former Senator Phil Graham would call you a "whiner".

Nope, I take care of my money and I don't expect the government to do a thing to help me.

Blackbird

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:59 am

Johns624,

Sadly I wouldn't be surprized if you're right.

Blackbird

DocLightning

Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:44 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 41):
You would think.
There are still a lot of bigots in this country that would shoot themselves in the foot before voting for a Black person or any person of color for the White House.

Those people wouldn't vote for him if he was blonde with blue eyes. He's a Democrat.

But there are a lot of people in this country who are so blinded by their pride that they'll vote for anything and anyone who tickle their emotions. These people view their military as being patriotic, and thus, using of it as being similarly patriotic. They are people who would rather distrust their government than vote for a government that they can trust.

It doesn't make sense to me, but there are still people, about one in three in the U.S., who feel that GWB is doing and has done a good job.

It mystifies me...
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan