fraspotter

Has This WoW Fan Gone Too Far?

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:10 pm

I personally don't play the game but have many friends who do, but this was a first for me. This guy has over 30+ different accounts of WoW that he plays simultaneously!!! This guy is going to remain a virgin for the rest of his life with no girlfriend or any hint of a social life...  Wink Who honestly would pay $5k + a year just for membership accounts? Well we know of at least one...  Smile

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...ver-30-warcraft-characters/1255554
"Drunk drivers run stop signs. Stoners wait for them to turn green."

jetblueguy22

RE: Has This WoW Fan Gone Too Far?

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:27 pm

I like the game but that is insane! Didn't read the link but what some people do is level up the characters and sell them on like ebay. They make really good money too.
Blue
All of the opinions stated above are mine and do not represent Airliners.net or my employer unless otherwise stated.

CPH-R

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:30 pm

This is obviously a case of taking it to the extreme, but if he gets a challenge out of managing them all at the same time, I'd say go for it.

Besides one can never take WoW too far  Wink

Fly2HMO

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:43 pm

Quoting FRAspotter (Thread starter):
This guy is going to remain a virgin for the rest of his life with no girlfriend or any hint of a social life... Wink Who honestly would pay $5k + a year just for membership accounts? Well we know of at least one... Smile

I knew a guy who was not far off from this guy in the article, but he was smart about it and made money out of it instead of spending. He was ranked something really high like #8 worldwide. He would get several characters and build them up to whatever high levels and then sell them for thousands.

The part that ticks me off is that he was like 30 years old, had a GF (who had a WoW fetish as well and yes he did get laid), and is a pilot for a major and very reputable airline.

It doesn't get any weirder than that.

FlyKev
Crew

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:55 pm

Quoting Jetblueguy22 (Reply 1):
some people do is level up the characters and sell them on like ebay.

And this I find more pathetic than the guy in the article... How the hell can you justify paying $$$ for an online identity. Crazy I tell ya.

Kev.
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only

ZBBYLW

Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:07 am

Quoting FlyKev (Reply 4):
And this I find more pathetic than the guy in the article... How the hell can you justify paying $$$ for an online identity. Crazy I tell ya.

I know it may be a bit different, but didn't we all on a.net pay for this at one point...
Keep the shinny side up!

fraspotter

Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:42 am

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 5):
I know it may be a bit different, but didn't we all on a.net pay for this at one point...

True, but in regards to the amount of money we spent for membership, it's far less than what some people will spend for a character online. A 1 time expense of 20 something dollars for a.net membership compared to up to thousands of $$$ for an online character...
"Drunk drivers run stop signs. Stoners wait for them to turn green."

jetblueguy22

Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:29 am

Quoting FRAspotter (Reply 6):
up to thousands of $$$ for an online character...

Those characters take while to level up all the way ,too. I heard of one of my friend's friend bought one and it was outrageous the amount of money. Plus they charge you to switch characters to different accounts.
Blue
All of the opinions stated above are mine and do not represent Airliners.net or my employer unless otherwise stated.

JakeOrion

Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:34 pm

My question is how the heck does he pay for this?

If he's so busy playing this game, and according to the article there is no clear indication that he is selling any of these accounts, where is he getting the money?
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

Continental

Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Quoting FRAspotter (Reply 6):
True, but in regards to the amount of money we spent for membership, it's far less than what some people will spend for a character online. A 1 time expense of 20 something dollars for a.net membership compared to up to thousands of $$$ for an online character...

Yeah, but your membership doesn't come with +8,000 mana and +240 hit points!

MD-90

Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 5):

No, originally a.net forum registration was free. Grandfathered members never paid to register their usernames, although some like myself are now First Class Members.

PlymSpotter

Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:18 pm

Quoting Continental (Reply 9):
Yeah, but your membership doesn't come with +8,000 mana and +240 hit points!

And there was me being pleased when I got to +5 mana whilst playing on a mates' game the other day  crazy 
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...