SNCNtry32
Topic Author

BlackBerry Bold

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:23 am

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if anyone in the US or the rest of the world has bought a blackberry bold.

What are your impressions? Is it worth full retail?

ALSO
ANyone have one they want to sell me for cheap?  Wink
Long Live Memphis!

roadrunner165

RE: BlackBerry Bold

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:47 pm

I was thinking about purchasing a Bold. But Blackberry did a horrible job marketing this phone. Up until two months ago, there wasn't even a clear release date.... so I went with an iPhone instead.

austinairport

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:47 pm

eh.. I had my Curve for 6 months, was fine for a while. But when I upgraded my Firmware to the newest version, it freaked out, and froze up, littarly(no joke) every 5 minutes. So i saw no point in using it anymore.
I worry that the Bold will do that to, And with its price tag being what it is. I decided to stick with my RAZR V3xx which I absolutely love.
Whoever said you can do anything you set your mind to has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door!!!

SNCNtry32
Topic Author

Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:52 am

Yes, I was frustrated by the release date in the US and I think its somehwat AT&T's fault too. Looks like a solid phone. I have yet to upgrade my firmwear on my curve. My curve has been a great phone, no complaints. BlackBerry makes a solid device.
Long Live Memphis!

EA CO AS

Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:51 pm

I'm on Verizon, so the wife and I are both upgrading to the BlackBerry Storm this coming Friday - looks to be a real game-changer for RIM.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

austinairport

Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:58 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 4):

You Lucky Dog. The Storm looks amazing. But I Think I'm Gonna Hold Out For An Unlocked Nokia N95-3.
Whoever said you can do anything you set your mind to has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door!!!