dxing

Bill Ayers Good Morning America Interview

Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:42 pm

Gosh, where was this interview before the election?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSSICQqgiOU

Ayers is promoting the re-release of his book about his fugitive days and it evidently has an interesting up date. In it he describes a friendship that was much more than "he was just another guy in the neighborhood".

Thanks mainstream press. They let us down again.

Will this have a changed perception of the President-elect? Doubtful. Nobody wants to admit they migh have been hoodwinked. Would it have enlightened some folks on President-elect Obama's character? Absolutely. Would it have swayed some voters? We'll never know now.

I love the way he calls a war "murder" of our citizens and that he wasn't a terrorist because he didn't intend to kill anyone.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

Confuscius

RE: Bill Ayers Good Morning America Interview

Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:16 pm

He'll make a good Secretary of Education.  bigthumbsup 

You dont need a weather man to know which way the wind blows  Wink

---Bob Dylan
Ain't I a stinker?

Aaron747

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:20 pm

Quoting DXing (Thread starter):
Gosh, where was this interview before the election?

Before or after the election, gosh, where are the standards at ABC? What idiot wanted to put him on the air for ANY reason?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

FruteBrute

Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:34 am

I suppose in fairness then the news networks would have had to put on Charles Keating, and the rest of the Keating 5, as well as G. Gordon Liddy, and a few other "choice" McCain skeletons.

Instead, when it came down to it the news media, which knows exactly what sells, and what people are interested in, realized that all of these stories from 40 years or 20 years ago, no one gave a crap about, because they are worried in the here and now about their jobs, their kids, and their retirement. Imagine that, for once Americans were concerned with topics that were actually important in an election rather than some silly sideshow.

My faith in the American electorate has been somewhat renewed.

PSA727

Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:03 am

If he didn't want to be interviewed before the election, why give him free airtime now? ABC
gets the first post-election interview so he can promote his book? What a-holes!!
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

stratosphere

Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:06 am

According to sources Obama's administration will be vetted like no other. I guess that does not apply to HIM. But to be fair I am wishing him all the best because we all have a lot to lose and I DO NOT want to see him fail. I actually hope he can mend some of the wounds we have around the world and at home too. I will give him a chance. He is going to have a lot on his plate that is for sure.

PSA53

Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:57 pm

Quoting Stratosphere (Reply 5):
According to sources Obama's administration will be vetted like no other. I guess that does not apply to HIM. But to be fair I am wishing him all the best because we all have a lot to lose and I DO NOT want to see him fail. I actually hope he can mend some of the wounds we have around the world and at home too. I will give him a chance. He is going to have a lot on his plate that is for sure.

Coining the phrase,"Failure Is Not An Option" must be stressed upon the incoming administration.Too much is at stake.Obama has my support and prayers to right the nation.But.....

The thread starter is questioning the conduct of the media,before and after the elections.
I give them a D-.I call Obama,"The Media's Candidate" because they sure protected him in by censorship in many questionable areas.Most likly so they can have bigger ratings and sell more newspapers.

What concerns me is will the media continue to protect Obama during his presidency.

[Edited 2008-11-16 12:02:55]
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

DocLightning

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 6):

The thread starter is questioning the conduct of the media,before and after the elections.

No. The thread starter is trying to smear Obama.

Bill Ayers stated in the interview that his relationship with Obama was not a close one. Yet the thread starter falsely implies (lies) that he stated that they were far closer than that.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

dxing

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:50 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 7):
Bill Ayers stated in the interview that his relationship with Obama was not a close one.

Incorrect. In the interview Bill Ayers tells of a relationship much closer than "just another guy living in the neighborhood".
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

NIKV69

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:52 pm

News flash folks Obama promised a lot but will not be a lot more benign in any moves he makes. Unless he makes a foreign affair blunder he won't be making any mistakes because he won't be doing anything he has promised. He will cut taxes for everyone to get the economy moving again and will not tax the rich and he won't venture into national medicine because he won't have any way to get the money. As for Ayers the man is garbage and GMA giving him air time is no surprise. For Ayers to downplay any sort of relationship with Obama is a joke but Obama knows enough now to distance himself. Which won't matter. During his presidency he will exhibit none of this far left colors. The DNC will find themselves on the beach if he does.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Confuscius

Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:14 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 9):
For Ayers to downplay any sort of relationship with Obama is a joke

So true. Barack Obama used his Big Wheel as a getaway vehicle during the Days of Rage of 1969.
Ain't I a stinker?