alberchico

Analysis Of Chinese Copycat Cars....

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:38 am

short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

powercube

RE: Analysis Of Chinese Copycat Cars....

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:15 am

That's a pretty impressive amount of infringement going on there. I'm not all that familiar with the issue but what is being done to stop this? I suppose the better question is, can anything be done?

stasisLAX

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:43 am

This Buick Riviera concept coupe was unveiled at last year's Shanghai Motor Show and designed and built by General Motors' Shanghai Tech Center.

Big version: Width: 1280 Height: 850 File size: 143kb

The Riviera concept illustrates that Chinese designers are capable of creating terrific automotive design if their company's senior management allows them to be creative.

Big version: Width: 1280 Height: 850 File size: 176kb

[Edited 2008-11-17 00:44:54]
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

Francoflier

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:52 am

Well, you know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

They remind me of expensive watches knock offs you can buy on street markets. You get what you pay for. Except a Rolex knock off won't kill you in a car crash.

I guess it just shows chinese manufacturers are not capable of coming up with their own designs, and that they know it and aren't ashamed about it.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

signol

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:38 am

Some friends of my in-laws have a GWM bakkie (pickup) - http://www.gwm.co.za/home.html

They were told in the dealership that they have an agreement whereby, once the original manufacturer (eg. GM, Vauxhall, Isuzu in their case) stops making a model, and starts on the new design, they sell on the original designs, so that they (GWM) can make very similar vehicles, with less R&D costs.

This also happened with an old car of mine, a Daewoo Nexia, which was basically an old mark 2 Vauxhall Astra with a different badge. All part of the GM group.

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

Coal

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Erm... Mazda, Toyota, and Nissan used to be copycats of Western cars, and look at what they are now!

Cheers
Coal
Nxt Flts: MI RGN-SIN | SQ SIN-RGN-SIN | CX SIN-HKG-PVG | SQ PVG-SIN

yowza

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:07 am

Clearly web design is a not a real prioroty for this domain owner  Smile

Quoting Signol (Reply 4):
Daewoo Nex

Shh people will hear you  Wink

Quoting Coal (Reply 5):
Erm... Mazda, Toyota, and Nissan used to be copycats of Western cars, and look at what they are now!

Borrowing and flat out stealing are not the same thing.

YOWza