WunalaYann
Topic Author

Finally, High-level Bi-partisan Common Sense

Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:44 pm

I reckon this is great news for the US and for the world. Nothing definite but I think it is a very symbolic step taken in the right direction.  Smile

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081117/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_mccain

WarRI1

RE: Finally, High-level Bi-partisan Common Sense

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:57 am

Quoting WunalaYann (Thread starter):

Let us hope this is a true willingness to do right for this country. They certainly have a large job ahead of them. Unfortunately, most of the villians who created this crisis are still there.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

WunalaYann
Topic Author

Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:40 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 1):
Let us hope this is a true willingness to do right for this country.

Considering a big chunk of dealing with financial markets consists in restoring confidence, good communication and display is vital. Of course, it does not technically resolve any of the mess, but it is conducive to an appeased, multi-lateral, pragmatic discussion about a solution.

They certainly have a large job ahead of them.

Too true. Therefore more arms (and brains) make for lighter (and easier) work. I think the people in charge can use as many competent and dedicated team members as there are. Will McCain be a part of an Obama cabinet? Most likely not. Could he become some sort of special advisor on clearly identified issues? I reckon so.

Unfortunately, most of the villians who created this crisis are still there.

You are probably right. The good thing about it is that because they created the mess, they probably have a good idea of how bad it is, and maybe even potential solutions to solve it.

Smile

captaink

Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:29 am

America is really fighting to change. I am really proud of that country, and it's loyal citizens. The road ahead is long and bumpy, but the destination can be reached.
There is something special about planes....

Francoflier

Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:44 am

Funny how politics suddendly turn into an almost sane and civilized world once elections are over.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

WunalaYann
Topic Author

Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:44 am

Quoting Francoflier (Reply 4):
Funny how politics suddendly turn into an almost sane and civilized world once elections are over.

With a bit of luck, we may have 2 1/2 years of sanity ahead of us.  relieved 

Smile