tsaord

Americans Are Behind In The Bedroom!

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:00 am

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/h.../1313875,CST-NWS-sexiest04.article

So who is getting it on? I think this will be my new years resolution!!

Excerpt

"Turns out Greece's rich ancient history isn't the only thing that its people have to be proud of.

Greeks have more sex than anyone else in the world, while Americans rank third-lowest, according to a survey of 26 countries done by Durex condom company.
Americans get it on a measly 85 times a year, well below the worldwide average of 103 times. And less than half of Americans describe their sex life as fully satisfying."
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

skysurfer

RE: Americans Are Behind In The Bedroom!

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:06 am

Heh just ask my ex american gf......i think she got more than enough and was glad when we split lmao! I guess Ronald McDonald gets more in one week than alot of Americans! ( i'll duck now shall i?)

Cheers

Stu
In the dark you can't see ugly, but you can feel fat

Cadet57

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:06 am

Quoting Tsaord (Thread starter):
Americans get it on a measly 85 times a year,

Pretty sure im above that number  angel 
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

DocLightning

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:22 am

That explains a LOT...
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

luv2fly

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:26 am

Well my BF and I are doing are part to rasie the average, no pun intended.....
You can cut the irony with a knife

stlgph

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:04 am

what i lack in the bedroom i more than make up for in showers and other assorted public facilities.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Jpax

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:34 am

85 per year? Damn, that sucks. I'm also doing my part to raise the average then, nothing like having a girlfriend ready to get it on 24/7 no matter where the location!  biggrin 

tsaord

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:47 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 5):
what i lack in the bedroom i more than make up for in showers and other assorted public facilities.

Well watch out now lol. But I wonder about us Americans. What is it with America and sex. Everyone here goes mad crazy when sex comes out. It's our ancestors fault somehow!!

DocLightning

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:58 am

Perhaps if more Americans were having more fun in their own bedrooms, they'd be less concerned about what other Americans are doing in their bedrooms.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Aaron747

Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:09 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 8):
Perhaps if more Americans were having more fun in their own bedrooms, they'd be less concerned about what other Americans are doing in their bedrooms.

Japan's further down the list than the US and nobody here gives a damn what anybody else is doing. It's live and let live - the only way sex doesn't get talked about in public, as society here prefers it. I think the real problem is that our fellow Americans are just too frackin' nosy.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

B6JFKH81

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:52 pm

Damn Wii and Xbox, cutting into sex time!!!  duck 
(maybe they'll come up with an "adult" game for Wii  biggrin  )

85 seems a bit low. I average 2 - 3 times/week with my sweetheart so I guess we are doing out part to bring up the numbers LOL!

~H81
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"

SAS A340

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:55 pm

61 percent of Swedish women reported having an orgasm the last time they had sex, according to the Durex survey.

We do the best we can....quality is better than quantity,right US citizen?  Wink
It's not what u do,it's how u do it!

TSS

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:24 pm

I suspect that John Harvey Kellogg would be very happy to know of the US's rank on this list.  mischievous 
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Fly2HMO

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Quoting Tsaord (Reply 7):
What is it with America and sex.

The country is infested with prudes and the dark shadows of political correctness are marching across the country, so it's no surprise here  

When I was with my ex we went at it almost daily. Of course, she's now raising the average with some other guy      

Freaking sorostitutes. Never again.   

[Edited 2008-12-06 10:01:05]

SlamClick

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:58 pm

Well, sometimes.

On top at other times. Underneath. Alongside. You name it.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

san747

Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:42 pm

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 13):

The country is infested with prudes and the dark shadows of political correctness are marching across the country, so it's no surprise here

I certainly wasn't the least bit suprised. If that study found we were on the same sexual level as Saudi Arabia or Iran or something, I wouldn't even be surprised. Oral sex is STILL illegal in something like 15 states!!

Quoting B6JFKH81 (Reply 10):

85 seems a bit low. I average 2 - 3 times/week with my sweetheart so I guess we are doing out part to bring up the numbers LOL!

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 13):

When I was with my ex we went at it almost daily. Of course, she's now raising the average with some other guy

WEAK  Wink I don't know about the rest of you, but with my ex, we would do it 2-3 times a DAY. Come on people!

Of course, I'm single now and haven't done it in a few weeks, so I guess I can't talk too much crap.
Scotty doesn't know...

ZBBYLW

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 pm

That is absurd! I was making the average while I was an hour plane ride away from my GF. Actually we were probably well above average even with that "comute" if you will.

Mind you - It would be a matter of coming home on weekends (or her coming up to see me) and doing it at the very least 2 if not 3,4 and even maybe sometimes 5 times a day. I think people who only get it on to it 1-2 times a week need to step it up!
Keep the shinny side up!

B6JFKH81

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Quoting San747 (Reply 15):
WEAK I don't know about the rest of you, but with my ex, we would do it 2-3 times a DAY. Come on people!

Considering my husband is also one of those "online models" that does "special perfomances" for people online, HE is probably doing that average on his own LOL! I have an extremely heavy work schedule so we don't even see each other all the time.  Sad
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"

Dougloid

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:19 pm

Quoting SAS A340 (Reply 11):
61 percent of Swedish women reported having an orgasm the last time they had sex, according to the Durex survey.

We do the best we can....quality is better than quantity,right US citizen?

What's that have to do with men, or other women for that matter? They'd probably be getting their rocks off if all the men in Sweden went to Norway for the weekend.

cheeky   cheeky 
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

OA260

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:51 pm

"Turns out Greece's rich ancient history isn't the only thing that its people have to be proud of.

Greeks have more sex than anyone else in the world,

I was wondering where i got it from LOL.... Big grin  Big grin  Big grin

Its all myth ( Another Greek word ) really. I have been with Greeks that are crap in bed and Americans that certainly represented their country well. lol....Its all down to individuals. The Italian stereotype is just that 100% Fiction.

san747

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:21 pm

Quoting Oa260 (Reply 19):

Its all myth ( Another Greek word ) really. I have been with Greeks that are crap in bed and Americans that certainly represented their country well. lol....Its all down to individuals. The Italian stereotype is just that 100% Fiction.

True... Personally, I've only been with Americans (never traveled abroad, but will soon  Smile), and I've certainly been quite satisfied, but I'm not the least bit surprised that as a country, Americans are having less sex and less satisfying sex. What can one expect in a country where we teach that sex is something to only be experienced once you reach marriage? What can expect in a country where to a very large extent, sex is still very taboo?
Scotty doesn't know...

DocLightning

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:43 pm

WEAK   I don't know about the rest of you, but with my ex, we would do it 2-3 times a DAY. Come on people!

You're 20. By the time you're my age, once or twice a day suffices. You know. Job, bills, etc.

Quoting Oa260 (Reply 19):
The Italian stereotype is just that 100% Fiction.

But Spaniards, on the other hand... They live up to it. They OWN it.  Smile Never been so sassified as I was while visiting Spain.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

IH8BY

Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:23 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 21):
You know. Job, bills, etc.

Aye, though in Britain it's apparently seen as a good way to beat the current economic malaise...
Have you ever felt like you could float into the sky / like the laws of physics simply don't apply?

SkyyKat

Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:27 am

Greeks have more sex than anyone else in the world,

That explains it! My new girlfriend is Greek Big grin

while Americans rank third-lowest

Well, 32% of them cant find their genitalia under their bellies.........
 vomit 

tsaord

Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:07 am

Quoting SkyyKat (Reply 23):

Well, 32% of them cant find their genitalia under their bellies.........

Jesus Christ lmao!!! Well that might very well be true! But we are also an image conscious society. It said in the study greeks care less about appearance so they just want to get it down lol. I luv it!

asuflyer05

Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:12 am

I just got done doing my part to boost the average.

hangarrat

Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:47 am

Just wait until you've fulfilled your biological imperative and watch your personal average plunge. It's not that you both don't want to, it's just that you suddenly have this very needy roommate who takes up a lot of time and energy.
Spell check is a false dog

Fly2HMO

Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:02 am

WEAK Wink I don't know about the rest of you, but with my ex, we would do it 2-3 times a DAY.

O yeah?

Well, the last two times we saw each other on long weekends we never left the room (or put our clothes on) other than for eating or attending nature's call for 3 (6 days total) days straight. I'd say we spent a good 18 hrs a day going at it.  snooty 

Until I find another woman equal or better than her in the sack, those will remain the most glorious weekends of my life.

Of course, no matter what I say, there will always be somebody that has done more than me. Lucky bastards  grumpy 

At least I've done more than what 98% of a.net can say  Wink  duck 

ZBBYLW

Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:10 am

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 27):

HAHA those really are the day, last year I lived in YLW and my gf lived in YVR. When she would come up to visit me, lets just say the only time we would get out of bed would be for a washroom break or to go eat. I loved those days... Now that I am back home its tougher because neither one of us have a place to ourselfs. Oh well we still make due and still blow the "average" out of the water.
Keep the shinny side up!

kc135topboom

Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:09 am

I'm well above the average for Americans.

BTW, since the survey was conducted by a condom company, maybe it only means the number of times each year you have sex while wearing one? If that is the case, I'm well below the average.

bigthumbsup 

OA260

Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:14 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 21):
But Spaniards, on the other hand... They live up to it. They OWN it.

But my experience has been bad so again you cant tell its down to individals. If I had a general preference i would have to say I prefer Middle Eastern/Pakistan/Indian. My current partner is Pakistani and there are certainly no complaints there lol....

Fly2HMO

Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:13 pm

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 28):
When she would come up to visit me, lets just say the only time we would get out of bed would be for a washroom break or to go eat. I loved those days...

That's the beauty of long distance relationships. You are guaranteed to get some, and LOTS of it when you finally see each other. I was in IAH and my ex was at CLE at the time.

Absence really does make the gonads... err... heart, grow fonder  Wink