EMBQA
Topic Author

Under Armour Cold Wear...?

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Has any of you worn this and is it as good as I hear...? I'm looking to get some good warm underwear for the up coming post season football and need to start shopping. Any advise..?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

Cadet57

RE: Under Armour Cold Wear...?

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm

Quoting EMBQA (Thread starter):
Has any of you worn this and is it as good as I hear.

I have the coldgear turtleneck and it is fantastic. I wear it as a base layer when im working at my part time job which is all outside. It usually keeps me warm to the point that I wear that, a t shirt and a track jacket, and by mid morning im usually just wearing the underarmor and shirt over it. Its great.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

johns624

Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:19 pm

It's not bad but I prefer Patagonia.

bagoldex

Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:30 pm

I actually just bought the same thing a few weeks ago for a late season sail and it was great. I had it under a regular turtleneck, north face fleece and my musto hpx foul weather jacket and that was good at well below 30 degrees with 35 knots of wind in the face and 45 degree green water coming over the deck. I always thought under armour stuff was really over-hyped but after that purchase, I would not hesitate to use it again.

MarSciGuy

Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:21 pm

Quoting BAGoldEx (Reply 3):
I actually just bought the same thing a few weeks ago for a late season sail and it was great. I had it under a regular turtleneck, north face fleece and my musto hpx foul weather jacket and that was good at well below 30 degrees with 35 knots of wind in the face and 45 degree green water coming over the deck. I always thought under armour stuff was really over-hyped but after that purchase, I would not hesitate to use it again.

What do you do that causes green water coming over the deck? Offshore Sailing?
"There weren't a ton of gnats there where a ton of gnats and their families as well!"

slider

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:13 pm

I just bought the Hundo Zip…mock t-neck midweight thing, on recommendation of Ski magazine (plus I needed it from a practical standpoint). Once I ski in it, I’ll let you know how it is, but it feels freaking wonderful. Makes layering a lot easier.

bagoldex

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:43 pm

Quoting MarSciGuy (Reply 4):
What do you do that causes green water coming over the deck? Offshore Sailing?

I sail offshore mainly but this was just a short inshore delivery from South Dartmouth, MA to NEB in Portsmouth on a Swan NY42.

Bartonsayswhat

Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:34 am

i love underarmour products. i wear the hot stuff when i umpire baseball and the cold stuff when i referee hockey. it can be a little bit pricey tho, but i've found the only other thing that keeps me the same level of warmth is more layers, which is bulky. go get some, or another brand of something similar.