planespotting

Feds Arrest Ill. Gov Rod Blagojevich

Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:56 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...gojevich-link4,0,6440995.storylink

From the Chicago Tribune

Gov. Rod Blagojevich and his chief of staff John Harris were arrested today by FBI agents on federal corruption charges.

Blagojevich and Harris were accused of a wide-ranging criminal conspiracy that included Blagojevich conspiring to sell or trade the Senate seat left vacant by President-elect Barack Obama in exchange for financial benefits for the governor and his wife. The governor was also accused of obtaining campaign contributions in exchange for other official actions.

Not too surprising for anyone living in Illinois ...

More details to come I'm sure.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

planespotting

RE: Feds Arrest Ill. Gov Rod Blagojevich

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:09 pm

update

From the criminal complaint:

Count 1:

From in or about 2002 to the present, in Cook County, in the Northern District of Illinois, defendants did, conspire with each other and with others to devise and participate in a scheme to defraud the State of Illinois and the people of the State of Illinois of the honest services of ROD R. BLAGOJEVICH and JOHN HARRIS, in furtherance of which the mails and interstate wire communications would be used, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Sections 1341,1343, and 1346; all in violation of Title 18 United States Code, Section 1349.

Count 2 excerpt:

received federal benefits in excess of $10,000, corruptly solicited and demanded a thing of value, namely, the firing of certain Chicago Tribune editorial members responsible for widely-circulated editorials critical of ROD R. BLAGOJEVICH, intending to be influenced and rewarded in connection with business and transactions of the State of Illinois involving a thing of value of $5,000 or more, namely, the provision of millions of dollars in financial assistance by the State of Illinois, including through the Illinois Finance Authority, an agency of the State of Illinois, to the Tribune Company involving the Wrigley Field baseball stadium; in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Sections 666(a)(1)(B) and 2.

So, first count is a standard wire fraud time count, if I read it right (a-net lawyers, please elaborate if possible), but the second ... conspiring to fire Tribune editorial board members for the possible sale of Wrigley Field?

Never heard of that one before ...

flyingbronco05

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:42 pm

The Chicago Tribune a while ago had an article that Blagojevich has a lower approval rating than Bush.
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

stlgph

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:45 pm

other link...
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...-gov-blagojevich-into-custody.html

and more ... with some clarification on the Tribune/Wrigley Field thing.

Via: The Associated Press & Network News Services, Chicago.

Content --
Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was arrested Tuesday on charges of conspiring to get financial benefits through his authority to appoint a U.S. senator to fill the vacancy left by
Barack Obama's election as president.
Blagojevich is also charged with illegally threatening to withhold state assistance to
Tribune Co., the owner of the Chicago Tribune, in the sale of
Wrigley Field. In return for state assistance, Blagojevich
allegedly wanted members of the paper's editorial board who had
been critical of him be fired.
A 76-page FBI affidavit says the 51-year-old Democratic governor
was intercepted on court-authorized wiretaps over the last month
conspiring to sell or trade the vacant Senate seat for personal
benefits for himself and his wife, Patti.
The affidavit says Blagojevich discussed getting a substantial
salary for himself at a nonprofit foundation or an organization
affiliated with labor unions.
Blagojevich also talked about getting his wife placed on
corporate boards where she might get $150,000 a year in director's
fees. He's also allegedly discussed getting campaign funds for himself
or possibly a post in the president's cabinet or an ambassadorship
once he left the governor's office.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

stlgph

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:46 pm

More fun stuff.

3 former Illinois Governors have gone to prison in the past 35 years.

Otto Kerner, a Democrat who was governor from 1961 to 1968,
served less than a year of a three-year sentence after his 1973
conviction on bribery, tax evasion and other counts. He was
convicted of arranging favorable horse racing dates as governor in
return for getting horse racing association stock at reduced
prices. Kerner died in 1976.
_Dan Walker, a Democrat who was governor from 1973 to 1977,
served 1{ years of a seven-year sentence after pleading guilty in
1987 to bank fraud, misapplication of funds and perjury. The
charges were not related to his service as governor.
_George Ryan, a Republican who was governor from 1999 to 2003,
was convicted of corruption in 2006 for steering state contracts
and leases to political insiders while he was Illinois secretary of
state and then governor. He is serving a 6{-year prison term.
In addition, William Stratton, governor from 1953-1961, was
later indicted but was acquitted on charges of income tax evasion.

Mexicana757

Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:00 pm

Here is the link to the affidavit for who ever is interested in reading it.

http://media.nbcchicago.com/document...+FINAL+complaint+cover+and+aff.pdf

dispatchguy

Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:19 pm

Holy crap!

I just turned WLS 890 AM (Chicago All News station), and, well, WOW.

Another Illinois Governor in trouble with the law for malfeasance in office - go figure...
Nobody screws you better than an airline job!

Aaron747

Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:22 pm

String this guy up in Springfield and let the public stone him. What a pathetic hack.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

slider

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:20 pm

Get back on point---

This is a great day for politics.

We haven’t seen such an unvarnished bold shameless play for graft in a long time! This is so transparent and such a slam dunk, it’s not even funny. Blago can join Ryan in an adjacent cell. Too bad they can’t peg Daley into this and really take down a few big heads.

The recordings and script are carte blanche evidence of intent to extort a US Senate seat. Incredible. This guy must really be stupid—as are the people who voted for him. But he ran on a campaign of “change” too, right? Wow, stop me if this sounds familiar.

Lumberton

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:21 pm

Unless there was something wrong with the way the evidence was handled or obtained, it appears this is a very convincing case. I wonder what will be revealed by these two when the Feds start squeezing hard, threatening them with a long sentence in a maximum security facility? Perhaps some more revelations on Illinois politics & especially Illinois politicians?
"When all is said and done, more will be said than done".

Alias1024

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:22 pm

I'll give this to the Governor. At least he knows how to swing for the fences. It takes an extra large pair to try and auction off the Senate seat of the President-Elect.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

stlgph

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:28 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 20):
But he ran on a campaign of “change” too, right?

no, 'reform' was the word of choice.

Quoting Slider (Reply 20):
Too bad they can’t peg Daley

for what?
Daley admits he's a sleaze.
but he knows how to run Chicago.

slider

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:30 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 23):
Unless he steps down what's to stop him?

The law. I'm sure the IL state supreme court is bought and paid for as well, half are from Chicago and are Daley’s goons anyhow (safe bet), but am implicated governor who overtly made unobfuscated statements of his intent to sell a US Senate seat should absolutely be challenged legally to prevent him from making any appointment whatsoever.

(NOTE: I don’t say that from any partisan standpoint, I’m sure the appointee will undoubtedly be a Democrat, but it cannot and should not, under ANY circumstances, be allowed to be excuted by Blagojevich).

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 22):
I'll give this to the Governor. At least he knows how to swing for the fences. It takes an extra large pair to try and auction off the Senate seat of the President-Elect.

Go big or go home, right?

"Pride goeth before a fall."

stlgph

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:34 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 25):

cool. guilty until proven innocent ... but ... whatever.

Quoting DXing (Reply 23):
Next question, do they go after those who actually did pay to play?

that's dirty and delicious.

so will be finding out the name of a 'whistle blower.'

slider

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:39 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 26):
cool. guilty until proven innocent ... but ... whatever

I’m beginning to think that when the discussion revolves around “bureaucrats” and “wrongdoing”, that guilt before innocence is a safer side to be on, haha..

I understand your point, but his own statements are damning. There’s no “I was taken out of context” crapola possible, although I’m sure the spin will be entertaining to watch. What a tool.

planespotting

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 25):
(NOTE: I don’t say that from any partisan standpoint, I’m sure the appointee will undoubtedly be a Democrat, but it cannot and should not, under ANY circumstances, be allowed to be excuted by Blagojevich).

I agree - I don't believe any recent Rod B. political appointees have kind of integrity left to stand on at all, which is unfortunate since he probably didn't get paid for every single person he appointed during his administration.

But yes, anyone he appointed to the Senate now would be damaged goods. As a citizen of Illinois, I'd prefer he just step down and let the Lt. Governor take over for the remainder of the term. (FYI, the Lt. Governor and Blago have never really gotten along, and as far as I can tell the indictment doesn't implicate Pat Quinn in any wrong doing during the administration).

LMP737

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:46 pm

If he ends up in prison maybe he can get Senator Durbin to write a letter to the president asking for a pardon.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

stlgph

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 27):
I’m beginning to think that when the discussion revolves around “bureaucrats” and “wrongdoing”, that guilt before innocence is a safer side to be on, haha..

Wink

Quoting Slider (Reply 27):
I understand your point, but his own statements are damning. There’s no “I was taken out of context” crapola possible, although I’m sure the spin will be entertaining to watch. What a tool.

i know, but we must all play fair. but it is admittedly dirty and delicious.

the one that will really get ragged on is Dick Durbin who was in favor of a Bush pardon for George Ryan.

and the one that will get ragged after that will be the Lt. Gov Pat Quinn ... guilty by association, even if he's the nicest guy on the street.

smcmac32msn

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 17):
um, not really.
you're making a point that doesn't exist.

Its not wether he's a D or an R....... he's a corrupt asshole and his affiliation (now) has nothing to do with political parties. Corruption can happen on both sides of the line... so it really deosn't matter.

Speaking of corrupt, maybe we can find a way to nail Mayor Daley and end up re-opening Meigs Field as a grass strip field.

[Edited 2008-12-09 09:50:35]
Hey Obama, keep the change! I want my dollar back.

stlgph

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:48 pm

and before it even gets mentioned, the U.S. Attorneys have cleared the President-elect of having anything to do with these allegations against the (current) Illinois Governor.

planespotting

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 32):
and before it even gets mentioned, the U.S. Attorneys have cleared the President-elect of having anything to do with these allegations against the (current) Illinois Governor.

Correct - it appears that Blago himself vindicated President elect Obama as well, with this tidy little tidbit:

From page 68, paragraph 104 of the indictment

Later in the conversation, ROD BLAGOJEVICH said he knows that the President-elect wants Senate Candidate 1 for the Senate seat but “they’re not willing to give me anything except appreciation. Fuck them.”

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/package.../national/10illinois_complaint.pdf

slider

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:45 pm

Quoting Smcmac32msn (Reply 31):
Speaking of corrupt, maybe we can find a way to nail Mayor Daley and end up re-opening Meigs Field as a grass strip field.

Yeah!

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 33):
Correct - it appears that Blago himself vindicated President elect Obama as well, with this tidy little tidbit:

From page 68, paragraph 104 of the indictment

Later in the conversation, ROD BLAGOJEVICH said he knows that the President-elect wants Senate Candidate 1 for the Senate seat but “they’re not willing to give me anything except appreciation. Fuck them.”

Holw eloquent, LOL!

stlgph

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:46 pm

but i like Daley.

plus he's just near damn untouchable.

so much for a christmas card.

N867DA

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:55 pm

Throw the bum out!

Corruption should not be tolerated, period. If there is proof this clown messed up (and it looks like there are mountains of it) he should leave office and face the music. This is one of the most disgusting thing a "public servant" can do.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

captaink

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:02 pm

What a 'shithead' this guy, pardon the language. He was rather bold and very careless... But one must admit, corruption exists everywhere in all forms, in every government in the world, but I love how the US just catches them. Job well done to the FBI.
There is something special about planes....

victrola

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Is this really news? It would be news if for once an Illinois Governor left office without going to prison.  Wink

planespotting

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:21 pm

I'm certainly not surprised that he's been arrested and charged. What I am surprised about is that it happened now.

I assumed he would carry out the rest of his term as governor, and in the meantime the FBI would come down hard on his confidants to create a nice case for 2010/11.

What I didn't count on was the sheer audacity of Blago detailed in the evidence. This guy - despite the fact that Rezko went down last year, that Levine went down before him and gave up the farm - was still talking about illegal activities and political corruption of the absolute worst kind!

Selling a seat in the U.S. Senate ... I mean, that's like middle ages Catholic church corrupt (no offense, Catholics).

What did this guy think would happen? He even admitted that everyone in the world was watching! Do you think maybe if you feel like the sky is falling that it's a good time to lay off the "garage sale governorship" mentality that he's carried for the past 6 years?

The only thing that I can think of, reasonably, is that Blago is a sociopath. There's not much other explanation.

Yellowstone

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:28 pm

It gets even better - some reports are suggesting that once Blagojevich told Obama that he'd need some compensation for appointing the president-elect's senate pick, and Obama said no, it was Rahm Emanuel who pushed the Feds to issue the indictment.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

planespotting

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:30 pm

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 41):
It gets even better - some reports are suggesting that once Blagojevich told Obama that he'd need some compensation for appointing the president-elect's senate pick, and Obama said no, it was Rahm Emanuel who pushed the Feds to issue the indictment.

Source?

Yellowstone

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 42):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1...lagojevich-indictmen_n_149608.html

Quote:
Local news reports, meanwhile, suggest that it was Obama chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel who blew the whistle on the governor.

Also on the Fox affiliate in Chicago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPlWht42enQ

Quote:
CONATY: We did receive a tip this morning that perhaps all of this came together so quickly because the Governor may have reached out to Rahm Emanuel, the president-elect’s chief of staff, in attempting to leverage filling the Senate seat. And it may have been Rahm Emanuel who tipped the scale and made this move as quickly as it did.

Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

planespotting

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:51 pm

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 43):

Thanks for the sources!

If that's true, it's nice to see the Obama Administration did not sit on the sidelines when confronted with absolute corruption.

PSA727

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:59 pm

So we have another corrupt Chicago politician. Yawn. I think it's a requirement rather than a
preference. Maybe he can be cellmates with the previous IL governor in jail. I was wondering
when the feds were going to announce this since it was talked about a couple of months ago.
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

stlgph

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:00 pm

As an Illinois native/resident I'm just thinking "wow".

But as a newsboy, this is like a hug from Jesus.

n6238p

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:15 pm

As a lifetime resident of Illinois, I have to ask the question, why did it take this long to find something on him?
To actively root against anybody is just low, and I hope karma comes back at you with a vengeance

slider

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:50 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 35):
but i like Daley.

plus he's just near damn untouchable

Spitzer thought that too!

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 40):
The only thing that I can think of, reasonably, is that Blago is a sociopath. There's not much other explanation.

"I don't believe there's any cloud that hangs over me. I think there's nothing but sunshine hanging over me."

mt99

Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:11 pm

Daley did the right thing Miegs. He did it with no subtlety, but he did well for the city. It is now a major component of the city's Olympic Bid.

Quoting STLGph (Reply 35):
but i like Daley.

plus he's just near damn untouchable

[/quote]

I honestly people would hit the streets to show support for Daley. He is bleeding me dry with taxes, but i still want him as Major.
Step into my office, baby

Alias1024

Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 46):

I'm sure the staff of The Daily Show and Colbert Report were dancing when this news broke. This is at least a few days of jokes for them.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

Dougloid

Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:49 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 46):

It's really a new chapter in venal politics from the Land o' Lincoln. How ever do you fellows think of such schemes?

That flopping sound you hear is Abe Lincoln rolling over in his grave at about 700 rpm.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

stlgph

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:36 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 48):

eh, Daley is far far far more entrenched in his world than Spitzer was in his.

Quoting N6238P (Reply 47):
As a lifetime resident of Illinois, I have to ask the question, why did it take this long to find something on him?

because as a governor, you go "down"... but with trying to secure a senate seat , you're messing with the wrong people involved. and if the speculation on Emanuel is correct ... trying to go "up" especially with an office of the President-elect going to great lengths to steer clear ... bad move.

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 50):
I'm sure the staff of The Daily Show and Colbert Report were dancing when this news broke. This is at least a few days of jokes for them.

no doubt. this is a good year or two for the news outlets in Illinois.

[Edited 2008-12-09 16:51:30]

National757

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:17 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 52):
no doubt. this is a good year or two for the news outlets in Illinois.

it is a good year for the Illinois journalists who still have jobs...

ltbewr

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:14 am

Gov. Blagojevich is beyond stupid, indeed he may very well be a psychopath. From the attempts to seek bribes for the appointment of a replacement for Obama, to the threats he made against the now-bankrupt Chicago Tribute for reporting on him in a way he didn't like and many other criminal behaviors, he has taken political corruption to a new low.

He has hurt the state, he hurts the Democratic Party, he is destroying his family, he is creating a political mess. It also turns off many from voting and of supporting government.

Assuming the evidence is sound and true, he should resign immediately. There is a possibility that the State Legislature may try to force a special election for the open seat (there will have to be one in the congressional district Rahm Emmanuel is vacating to join Obama in DC) and any appointment by Blagojevich or the Lt. Gov., would be highly suspect and could be rejected by the US Senate. Of course, the means a critical Democratic Senate seat is vacant in the first months of Obama's term as President.
I suspect that he will blow the whistle on those that were willing to deal or did deals with him to try to lessen the charges. I don't think he will get the many million $$$ legal defense that ex-Gov. Ryan (a Republican) got from one of the top law firms in Chicago. In the end I suspect he will be seen many years in a jail cell.

stlgph

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:21 am

Quoting National757 (Reply 39):
it is a good year for the Illinois journalists who still have jobs...

hey, we're hiring.

or i should start saying "they" now...

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 40):
he hurts the Democratic Party

actually, the state democratic party has tried to lead several impeachment attempts.

the only reason why he was put back in for a 2nd term was the Republicans sent a very very lame duck candidate up against him. watching the two of them debate was pointless, they basically shared the same viewpoints.

Lt. Gov

Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn is pretty much clear of any and all charges.
he and Blago ran together on the same ticket and that's where they pretty much come to an end.
Quinn's ready to take office and could do so with an immediate support group behind him in Springfield.

Okie

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:28 am

(there will have to be one in the congressional district Rahm Emmanuel is vacating to join Obama in DC

This puts a little different light on things, some of us Okies are slow, did not connect Emmanuel to Illinois.

I suspect any approach to Obama would of had to pass through Emmanuel. He either knew of the investigation and/or obviously knew Blagojevich was plenty toxic.

Okie

ER757

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:32 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 4):
3 former Illinois Governors have gone to prison in the past 35 years.

Yep, good old Illinois politics - I haven't lived there for 20 years, but it's nice to see that some things never change....they all learned from the master, Richard Daley (Current mayor's Daddy) but they missed the most important lesson of all - don't get caught!

stlgph

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:39 am

Quoting Okie (Reply 42):
He either knew of the investigation and/or obviously knew Blagojevich was plenty toxic.

Emanuel replaced Blago in the House of Representatives.

Speaking of House of Representatives, in Illinois, they're pretty much all back in Springfield. If he doesn't resign by noon tomorrow, I'd suspect committees will be meeting to get the ball rolling by no later than the end of the week.

BN747

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:59 am

Gov. Blagojevich is beyond stupid, indeed he may very well be a psychopath. From the attempts to seek bribes for the appointment of a replacement for Obama, to the threats he made against the now-bankrupt Chicago Tribute for reporting on him in a way he didn't like and many other criminal behaviors, he has taken political corruption to a new low.

He has hurt the state, he hurts the Democratic Party, he is destroying his family, he is creating a political mess. It also turns off many from voting and of supporting government.

Blago's 'thug-like' approach (personally in all this) calling 'O' a motherf**ker and 'F' him for NOT playing ball with him unmask him as being as uncouth as Sarah Palin. Proof positive...if you will, that any fool can virtually leap up ...land into a Governor's Seat.

But tragecally, Blago is not alone. He simply lacked the tactical 'know how' on how things like this are done. None of you for a minute believe that this is the 1st time this has been done...do you? It's all in how it's done. And Blago did it his way...'Tony Soprano style.' And he'll go down Tony Soprano style.' At least whatever crap Palin has going on...she's not as ballsy and brazen as this fool.

Now...ABC News this evening laid out the scenario, Blago had between 4-5 or more people actually placing bids for the seat - Blago was holding out for the highest bidder. Now you know all the players are ALL Demos. I'd like to know who they are. Via the wiretaps....the FBI knows exactly who they are. Which means..these guyss are now politically damaged. Those calls can get out and be made public further down the road.

Where's that fella that has hard time believing how corrupt Polly's can be? Dude...there are NO limits. Dem or Repub.

BN747

[Edited 2008-12-09 19:21:54]
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

stlgph

Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:14 am

Quoting BN747 (Reply 45):
Now you know all the players are ALL Demos

depends.

possibly, yes.

but knowing Blago and his 'style,' unlikely. Blago will more likely go for the power people .. the ones who can pull the punches. there's only so much a public figure something in this scenario could do themselves ... it's more of a 'corrupt staffer, behind the scene' person who would be making and fulfilling special interest promises ... more of an 'inside job.'

it's also possible points-of-contact never discussed this on the phone ... if they were smart, they wouldn't. this would all be an 'in person' deal.

could be wrong ... this is all just theory. we shall see.

Boeing4ever

Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:06 am

This was certainly a welcome read for the morning.

I knew it would happen, call me cynical about Illinois politicians if you must, but I don't doubt anyone who says they saw it coming. Our fourth Governor in the pokey...how proud we must be as a state.

Quoting Victrola (Reply 25):
Is this really news? It would be news if for once an Illinois Governor left office without going to prison.

checkmark 

Quoting Dougloid (Reply 37):
That flopping sound you hear is Abe Lincoln rolling over in his grave at about 700 rpm.

I'm convinced he's drilled his way to China a long time ago given the track record of this state.

Quoting STLGph (Reply 41):
actually, the state democratic party has tried to lead several impeachment attempts.

checkmark 

Be it Dick Mell, Mayor Daley, or Michael Madigan, Blago had an uncanny and wreckless knack for burning his bridges. He's SOL now.

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 10):
It takes an extra large pair to try and auction off the Senate seat of the President-Elect.

she's not as ballsy and brazen as this fool.

Speaking of ballsy, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Rod go on record saying he had the "testicular veracity" to withstand any investigation from the Feds a few years ago? Well what do you know, Rowdy Roddy Wrecking Balls woke up this morning to find his nuts in a vice!

I hope he enjoys being George Ryan's cuddle-bitch.

airplane B4e-Forever New Frontiers airplane 

BN747

Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:23 am

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 47):
she's not as ballsy and brazen as this fool.

Speaking of ballsy, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Rod go on record saying he had the "testicular veracity" to withstand any investigation from the Feds a few years ago? Well what do you know, Rowdy Roddy Wrecking Balls woke up this morning to find his nuts in a vice!

From reports..he got the worse wake up call one could ever dream off..

" ... a 6am wake up call, saying, that this is the FBI and there are Federal Agents downstairs at his door with a warrant for his arrest."

I seriously doubt that he made it to the toilet in timely fashion.

But then again..I guess the Feds could have given Blago the 'Drug Dealers Special'.....he would have woken to a LOUD BOOM....and as soon as his eyes opened...he'd be starring down an assortment of gun barrels.

BN747

[Edited 2008-12-09 20:25:35]
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

csturdiv

Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:42 am

It is days like these that make me so proud to be from Illinois.

We are just getting started. Since Obama is from Illinois, now all of our political corruption stories will get more national attention. I have a feeling the rest of the country and world will be seeing more of the joys we get to live through in Illinois and in Chicago, the home of the 10.25% sales tax, the highest in the country, and the city is still crying that it is not enough.
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD