Falcon84
Topic Author

NFL, Week 15.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:24 pm

The Bill snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Jeff Fisher makes a questionable call, as the Titans lose #2.

The Lions come close, but continue their quest for "perfection"

As for the Bills, talk about blowing a win. They had been running Marshawn Lynch at will through the Jets D. So, with under 2 minutes to play, and the lead, what do they do? They roll out J.P. Losman, who doesn't feel the pressure behind him, fumbles the ball, and the Jets turn it into the game-winning TD on the return. Then for good measure, Losman throws a pick late in the game to end any chance to win.

As for the late games, the big one is Pittsburgh at Baltimore. As much as I hate the Stillers, there's still more hatred for the Ravens. I'm rooting for the black and gold.
Work Right, Fly Hard

CO7e7

RE: NFL, Week 15.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Thread starter):
As much as I hate the Stillers, there's still more hatred for the Ravens. I'm rooting for the black and gold.

I'm rooting for the Ravens... I can NEVER EVER bring myself to root for Pittsburgh (sorry Steeler83)

I watched Atlanta beat Tampa Bay in OT... Michael "The Burner" Turner is a BEAST...

I'm looking forward to watching the G-men beat the 'Boys tonight...

- GO BROWNS!

EMBQA

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:30 pm

Jeff Fisher makes a questionable call, as the Titans lose #2

Yea, Rob's hot and it was well inside his range... but hey... were still playing in the post season...GO RAVENS. Hats off to Houston.. wow they look great.

[Edited 2008-12-14 13:31:39]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

PSA53

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Yeah! We pulled it out against the Chiefs.Super comeback!

Chargers 22 Chiefs 21

With very slim hopes alive still.Jim Nance (CBS) said it right."What's up with these Charger games."(LOL)
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

NIKV69

Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:15 pm

The Bill snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Jet's suck so bad. Farve just forces it every time. If the Jets didn't have a good defense they would be 4-12 again. Still the last game of the year will be huge against the Fish. I mean Seattle is going to run over the top if them next week.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

fxramper

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Titans lost.

Texans won.

Cowboys play tonight.

BlueElephant

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:36 pm

A big Whiskey Tango Foxtrot to the Steelers this evening...

I give Ravens credit for being pretty good..but you gotta convert those passes...

yo Tomlin..Trick plays!!!

NIKV69

Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:23 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 6):
I give Ravens credit for being pretty good..but you gotta convert those passes...

The Steelers just did! Wow what a TD. They reviewed it and I think they got it right.

JBo

Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:38 am

Ah, the Lions. They didn't disappoint me today.  Smile
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:20 am

Rule #1 when taping a pro football game on DVR: ALWAYS add at least an extra 15 minutes to the end of the recording! Gawddamned, I missed the end of that Steelers-Ravens game! I could just shoot myself over that one.

By the way, what say you on whether Santonio Holmes indeed get a TD on that play? I say he did.

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 4):
The Jet's suck so bad. Farve just forces it every time.

Jesus, what would you be like if they lost?

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 4):
If the Jets didn't have a good defense they would be 4-12 again.

They don't. Suck it up.  Yeah sure
Work Right, Fly Hard

RGElectra80

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:32 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 9):
By the way, what say you on whether Santonio Holmes indeed get a TD on that play? I say he did.

He did. You can tell from the side camera angle he did.

Rule #1 when taping a pro football game on DVR: ALWAYS add at least an extra 15 minutes to the end of the recording! Gawddamned, I missed the end of that Steelers-Ravens game! I could just shoot myself over that one.

Every time there's a 2nd game on CBS, it goes past 7/6c, delaying their own Sunday night line-up. Why don't they just move the start of the line-up to 730/630c already? Normally I don't care but I was looking forward to the Barney Frank & Pete Carroll pieces on 60 Minutes.

The Texans are finally starting to justify my love, even if it may be too little too late.
austinspotter.wordpress.com

CO7e7

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:04 am

According to the guys on NBC (SNF), he had both feet down and he had possession of the ball BUT the ball did NOT cross the plain.

I honestly cannot tell. It depends on the camera angle. It'll be interesting to see what the NFL has to say about it as i'm sure the Ravens are going to complain about it.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:09 am

Now, was the play CALLED a touchdown, or was it reversed?
Work Right, Fly Hard

steeler83

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 am

Quoting CO7e7 (Reply 1):
I can NEVER EVER bring myself to root for Pittsburgh (sorry Steeler83)

Hahahaha!! That's ok mate!  Smile

I say he did, too. He caught the ball, and had posession -- in the endzone. That was a direct application of the rules, no foul there on the refs. There was NO argument that he was out of the endzone when he came down, but he certainly caught it with his entire body in there...

That was a tough game to watch. Baltimore did some damage to the #1 ranked defense tho... They gained over 100 yards, while Minnesota held tough in their game against the Cardinals. So, long story short, Minnesota once again has the top-ranked rushing defense. Pittsburgh sank a bit to number two... Maybe they can gain some ground against TEN and CLE. MIN has tough games against ATL and NYG...

Oh well, whatever, the only stat that is important is that W!
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

BlueElephant

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:30 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 12):

It was originally called a Reception at the half yard line-ish. not a Touchdown

It was then reviewed (under 2 minutes) and called a touchdown because Holmes had both feet in the end zone with complete possession

I don't know how much of the ball has to cross the plane, but from the side angle it did seem that a good bit of the ball ( i don't think the whole thing ) crossed the line.

It was awefully close....If it wasn't given..the Steelers would have gone for a QB sneak from the half yard like anyway.

Next week against the Titans will be tough...we'll see what happens...if they beat the Titans (who are coming off a loss to the Texans)...and win against the Browns (which shouldn't be hard) then we Steelers may get homefield advantage through the playoffs?

USPIT10L

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:36 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 14):
Next week against the Titans will be tough...we'll see what happens...if they beat the Titans (who are coming off a loss to the Texans)...and win against the Browns (which shouldn't be hard) then we Steelers may get homefield advantage through the playoffs?

If we win out, the Steelers will get home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs. Next week will be tough in BNA, but we'll see.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

NIKV69

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:40 am

Jesus, what would you be like if they lost?

The same they do it every year.

They don't. Suck it up.

I'm waiting for Pennington to come to town, he has a score to settle. Man if he sends them packing will that be great!

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 12):

They spotted it on the goal line. You can tell all the officials were not sure. It went to the booth and it was a TD. Good call. That ball just barely broke the plane.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:42 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 14):
It was originally called a Reception at the half yard line-ish. not a Touchdown

WOW! Then, in my view, after seeing it a half dozen times, it should have been placed on the half-yard line. There absolutely was no inconclusive evidence that the officials got the call wrong. There just isn't. If that's the case, then the officials blew the call.

Replay rules state that evidence has to be inconclusive for a call to be overturned. I cannot see any way they could have come to that decision.
Work Right, Fly Hard

NIKV69

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:55 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 17):
Replay rules state that evidence has to be inconclusive for a call to be overturned. I cannot see any way they could have come to that decision

I watched the replay a few times from a good angle I feel the ball broke the plane and he got his feet down. Seems like the ref agreed. There was a lot riding on that call and I don't think they would have rules it a TD unless they thought it was. Any doubt and they are spotting that ball on the goal line.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:07 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 18):
I watched the replay a few times from a good angle I feel the ball broke the plane and he got his feet down.

Not saying he didn't, but the evidence HAS to be inconclusive. I don't see how they could have come to that decision based on the evidence.
Work Right, Fly Hard

ltbewr

Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:44 am

Giants blew it again! And worse, against the Cowboys. Between injures on both lines and Plax's suspension they seem to have hit a wall. Fortunaly the Redskins lost.

Jets, they got lucky with Buffalo self-destrucing and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

'The play' as the Baltmore-Pittsburgh game will be the big conterversial play of the season, especially as it very much affects who goes and how to the playoffs. Humans made the call, and it was not indisputable that the ball broke the plane to those humans.

Detroit continued on their march to ultimate frustration, losing again.

Titans loss makes them look dumb, but then they already have clinched the division. Still you want to play better right to the playoffs to keep the mo' up.

NIKV69

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:09 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 19):
Not saying he didn't, but the evidence HAS to be inconclusive. I don't see how they could have come to that decision based on the evidence.

Think you have that wrong, if there is inconclusive the call has to stand. If the ref feels there is conclusive evidence that the call is wrong they can overturn. I feel he was right. It wasn't the feet so much than the ball breaking the goal line. Both were achieved and with the playoff ramifications and such I think they felt it was most definately there.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 20):
Giants blew it again! And worse, against the Cowboys. Between injures on both lines and Plax's suspension they seem to have hit a wall. Fortunaly the Redskins lost.

Not sure they miss Burress but they most definately miss Jacobs. I don't think the Giants blew it the Cowboys stepped up in a must win and got it done. I don't think the Cowboys are a playoff team or can go far if they back in so.

Stretch 8

Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:51 pm

The Lions plan to offer a QB contract to the Iraqi reporter who threw his shoes at Bush. Those were missles!
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

StarAC17

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:58 am

Miami beat SF to go to 9-5 and the AFC east looks like its going to go to week 17 when the Dolphins play the Jets. For the first time and 11-5 team might not make the playoffs be it Miami, the Jets (one will finish at the best 10-6), the Pats. The Ravens have the tiebreaker against Miami so the best chance the fish have at getting in the playoffs is winning the AFC east.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

corocks

Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:33 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 2):
Jeff Fisher makes a questionable call, as the Titans lose #2

Yea, Rob's hot and it was well inside his range... but hey... were still playing in the post season...GO RAVENS. Hats off to Houston.. wow they look great.

I was at the game and was shocked that they did not kick it. However, Kris Brown, the Texans kicker did say the wind was swirling on that end of the field and that could have led to the decision.

During the whole game I kept asking myself if the Texans were playing great or the Titans playing bad. I got to think it is a little of both. We can move the ball on pretty much anyone (Slaton is the only running back to go for 100 yrds against the Titans, and he has done it twice), but we are almost last in the league in turnover ratio and it kills us. Maybe they have finally learned something.

I think where the Titans lost it was poor quarterback play. There were some many overthrown balls on wide open receivers. I think they could get exposed in the playoffs. However, with the good defense and running backs, they will probably be okay.

CO7e7

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:41 am

My Browns just got killed by the Eagles 30-10.

Our O-line struggled against the Philly D-line... particularly our LT Joe Thomas.

The Browns have not scored an offensive TD since Nov. 17...... Romeo has to go!

Falcon84
Topic Author

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:06 am

Quoting CO7e7 (Reply 25):
Romeo has to go!

Don't worry, he's gone, but there are more problems than that on this team.

And in the NFL, it's no surprise that a team doesn't score a lot with a 3rd string quarterback. It just doesn't happen.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Revelation

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:19 pm

The TiVo software asks if you want to add 1 hour to any "live" recording you set up.  Smile

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 20):
Giants blew it again! And worse, against the Cowboys. Between injures on both lines and Plax's suspension they seem to have hit a wall.

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 21):
Not sure they miss Burress but they most definately miss Jacobs.

checkmark 

Seems all that talk of how great the NYG offensive line goes away when Jacobs is not playing. It's a lot easier to have a great OL if you have someone who hits the line as fast and hard as Jacobs does.

Once the Cowboys realized the Giants couldn't run, they just teed off on Manning.

And, like his brother, once he throws one pick, Manning seems to go downhill.

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 23):
Miami beat SF to go to 9-5 and the AFC east looks like its going to go to week 17 when the Dolphins play the Jets. For the first time and 11-5 team might not make the playoffs be it Miami, the Jets (one will finish at the best 10-6), the Pats.

As a Patriots fan, after watching the great defenses we saw yesterday (NY, Dallas, Pittsburg, Baltimore) it's hard to see how the Pats could go anywhere in the playoffs even if they manage to find a way in. The Pats D isn't what it was without Harrison, Thomas and now Bruschi out and Wilfork and Warren playing injured. Their secondary has been a problem all season long, and they still get burned deep even by the lowly Raiders. Next week's game against AZ should be a real struggle.
Inspiration, move me brightly!