SHUPirate1
Topic Author

Brighton, MI: Where Being Annoying Is A Crime!

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:11 pm

http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20081219/NEWS01/81219006

"One of the sections reads, 'It shall be unlawful for a person to engage in a course of conduct or repeatedly commit acts that alarm or seriously annoy another person and that serve no legitimate purpose.'

Another section states, 'It shall be unlawful for any person in the city to insult, accost, molest or otherwise annoy, either by word of mouth, sign or motions any person in any public place.'"

Good thing this isn't applicable in my place of residency.
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

2H4

RE: Brighton, MI: Where Being Annoying Is A Crime!

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:23 pm

Here's hoping that cops start prosecuting Nextel users. The ones who use their phones in speakerphone/walkie-talkie mode at maximum volume in public...

2H4
Intentionally Left Blank

QXatFAT

Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:19 am

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 1):

And those are EVERYWEHRE in Michigan. Nothing annoys me more than hearing those things go off at the movies, waiting in line at USPS, or even in class!

Good thing I just missed Brighton by living in Jackson, home of our "Captin Jackson" superhero! He wouldnt let people get away with annoying another. Maybe Brighton needs this dude to help enforce the law!

http://www.captainjackson.org/cjpage.asp?section=cj
Don't Tread On Me!

PanHAM

Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Referring to that "parents-named-their-boy-Adolf-Hilter-thread - now, how does that hold up with the constitutional right of freedom of speech?

Wink

This is kind of a "I-don't-like-your-stupid-face-and-if-I-can-convince-the-cop-that-you-are-ugly-he-will-ticket-you" law which would not hold up because it would be nilled and voided by higher ranking state-federal-constitutional laws.

Is that really needed? I mean, there are laws prohibiting loitering, drinking in the public, cruising on city roads and picking flowers in Starkville Ms already.

Yeah sure