Starbuk7
Topic Author

A Cosmetic Lift For Your Funeral

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:39 pm

I think this is one of the stupidest things you can do with your money and for your loved ones.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28114566/

I personally have instructions to be cremated with no viewing at a funeral home. I believe that is cheaper and saves space in the earth to not be buried.

Opinions!!

Cadet57

RE: A Cosmetic Lift For Your Funeral

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Quoting Starbuk7 (Thread starter):
. I believe that is cheaper and saves space in the earth to not be buried.

Cremation isn't THAT much cheaper.

I think this is one of the stupidest things you can do with your money and for your loved ones.

Why? If thats their wish and they can afford it. This is no different than any other sort of restorative procedures we would do, it's just taking it one step further. Furthermore, its not like every family will purchase or want this, but its there if they do, in this business, its all about choices.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

Type-Rated

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:42 am

I never understood why I hear this at wakes "They look so nice, don't they?" referring to the deceased person.
Another observation I have. In the northern part of the U.S. the deceased person looks like they are wearing heavy make up. Down here in the south, I have seen deceased people that don't look real, they look like dolls of the real person. It seems that they are coated in something shiny that makes they look that way. Regional taste maybe?

As for me, my will specifies no funeral. Just a cremation and a memorial service.
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

fatmirjusufi

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:45 am

Definitely.
DO FLIGHTS. NOT FIGHTS.