Elite
Topic Author

Vice President Biden Messes Up Swear In

Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm sure people remembered that Chief Justice John Roberts, a conservative, messed up during the swearing in of Barack Obama. Vice President Joe Biden thought it would be funny to poke fun at Roberts at a news conference.

Well, looks like Roberts got the last laugh. Not only did Biden need a "cheat sheet" for the swear in, he also messed it up.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs.../02/03/biden-fumbles-clinton-oath/

Just to show that, well, you probably shouldn't make fun of other people.

N328KF

RE: Vice President Biden Messes Up Swear In

Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Dear Joe Biden,

I am a bitch.

When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

Cadet57

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Quoting Elite (Thread starter):
he also messed it up.

Who. Cares

Signed,

Most of America.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

dxing

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:16 pm

he also messed it up.

I wonder if it was just dawning on him that she is 3 back from him in the line of succession and accidents do happen?  mischievous   stirthepot 
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

ag92

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:30 pm

It's fox news, I know my comments could cause a stir, but doesn't matter its Fox News!

MOBflyer

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Chief Justice John Roberts, a conservative

What does this matter?

Quoting Ag92 (Reply 4):
It's fox news, I know my comments could cause a stir, but doesn't matter its Fox News!

FOX News is the only national news network that does not lean heavily to the left.

akiss20

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Quoting MOBflyer (Reply 5):
Quoting Ag92 (Reply 4):

FOX News is the only national news network that does not lean heavily to the left.

It doesn't lean right, it is a dot on the horizon, to the right.

Honestly the only news show/channel that I consider at all worthwhile is perhaps World News Tonight with Charlie Gibson (I miss Peter Jennings though!) and the BBC. I get most of my news either straight from AP or Reuters online. I find going straight to the wire services is typically the most biased free way of finding news.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

CALTECH

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:42 am

Quote:
Honestly the only news show/channel that I consider at all worthwhile is perhaps World News Tonight with Charlie Gibson (I miss Peter Jennings though!) and the BBC. I get most of my news either straight from AP or Reuters online.

If FoxNews is a dot on the horizon, to the right, then these news sources given are specks of dust in the galaxy, way out to the left.
 laughing 
UNITED We Stand

falstaff

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:48 am

Chief Justice John Roberts, a conservative

So what????
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

akiss20

Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:55 am

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 7):

Quote:
Honestly the only news show/channel that I consider at all worthwhile is perhaps World News Tonight with Charlie Gibson (I miss Peter Jennings though!) and the BBC. I get most of my news either straight from AP or Reuters online.

If FoxNews is a dot on the horizon, to the right, then these news sources given are specks of dust in the galaxy, way out to the left.
laughing

What exactly do you vote as an unbiased (or at least semi-unbiased) news source? I see NBC and CNN as quite liberal, ABC less so, but neither are quite so flagrant as FOX. I mean come on, FOX has Rush Limbaugh on it all the time, as well as Bill O'Reily, and dare I say it, Ann Coulter. Those basically the top of pure partisan programming.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

flybyguy

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:38 am

Quoting AKiss20 (Reply 9):
What exactly do you vote as an unbiased (or at least semi-unbiased) news source? I see NBC and CNN as quite liberal, ABC less so, but neither are quite so flagrant as FOX. I mean come on, FOX has Rush Limbaugh on it all the time, as well as Bill O'Reily, and dare I say it, Ann Coulter. Those basically the top of pure partisan programming.

I'd have to agree with you there. But I do think CNN has gotten more tabloid-ish in recent years... the fact that celebrity news makes it to the top stories rather than as a side note on the weekend hollywood programming. Personally, I find that the BBC, both the website and the live news programming offer the best coverage of news that matters. FOX and CNN tend to be oftentimes politically biased, but in complete denial that they swing to the right and left respectively. I mean come on... FOX with its "fair and balanced" news is a joke and CNN with it's sob stories, global warming and other liberal causes headed up by Andy Cooper and Christiane Amanpour just plain pandering to the left.

I'm pretty glad I don't watch TV as much anymore... I shouldn't have my news spoonfed to me anyway. I'll google the topics that interest me and leave the rest to the vast ether that is the internet. All that's on the 24/7 news are talking heads that do little for our public discourse other than fill our heads with rubbish and make us feel smarter than we really are.
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

Elite
Topic Author

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:04 am

Quoting MOBflyer (Reply 5):
What does this matter?

Well, that was probably the reason why Biden made a jab at him...