nkops

Joaquin Phoenix On Letterman 2/11

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG-M1CWskeQ

Anybody see this interview.. hard to tell if Phoenix is just playing around or actually high on something??

However, I thought Letterman was hilarious!!

[Edited 2009-02-12 15:14:15]
:evil:

D L X

RE: Joaquin Phoenix On Letterman 2/11

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:50 am

Man... it sounds like Mr. Phoenix was completely high, or suffering from some sort of mental disability.

Letterman threw some gas on the fire at some points though. I would have cut it off at commercial and brought out another guest. But then again, Letterman was clearly pissed, and that's what he does when he's pissed. Remember the McCain episode... threw gas on that too.

[Edited 2009-02-12 16:51:32]

lxa333

Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:07 am

Damn I missed a good night of letterman.

He was definitely on something....Letterman is a total a-hole, but it is hilarious and I love it. This guys responds either yes or no almost always, its like a ghost could be on a show and do better.
SWISSAIR-Worlds most refreshing airline

Silver1SWA
Crew

Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:17 am

On a couple radio programs this morning, the general consensus was that this is all an act...a "bit" as they say in the biz. They compared his latest shenanigans to Andy Kaufman...

Quoting D L X (Reply 1):
Letterman threw some gas on the fire at some points though. I would have cut it off at commercial and brought out another guest. But then again, Letterman was clearly pissed, and that's what he does when he's pissed. Remember the McCain episode... threw gas on that too.

Anyone seen the Crispin Glover appearance on the Late Show years ago? Letterman doesn't take well to interviews like this.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Dreadnought

Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:28 am

Quoting LXA333 (Reply 2):
On a couple radio programs this morning, the general consensus was that this is all an act...a "bit" as they say in the biz. They compared his latest shenanigans to Andy Kaufman...

I don't think so. He's either in for a complete breakdown, or we're going to read about him giving himself a 12-guage haircut (otherwise known as a Cobain). No idea if drugs had to do with it, but that guy is fried.
Forget dogs and cats - Spay and neuter your liberals.

QANTAS077

Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:00 am

errr...looks pretty staged to me.

NIKV69

Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:54 am

Quoting LXA333 (Reply 2):
Damn I missed a good night of letterman

www.youtube.com

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 3):

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 5):
errr...looks pretty staged to me

This may be the more plausible scenario. I mean if you wanted someone who was self medicating take a look at Anna Nicole at her best. That was drugs this I am not so sure.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Silver1SWA
Crew

Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:41 am

What seems to give it away that this may be some sort of hoax, or staged act is that he had Casey Affleck follow him around to make some sort of documentary. Apparently Affleck is Joaquin Phoenix's firend and brother-in-law. Why on earth would someone legitimately have a friend/family member direct a documentary of their own downward spiral instead of getting real help? More importantly, what kind of friend would do that instead of getting him the necessary help?

I say it's probably an act.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

EA CO AS

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:24 am

Dave always seems to get people when they're most off their game.

Remember the Farrah Fawcett and Crispin Glover interviews?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

flybyguy

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:55 am

lol... youtube took the video off the site. Ah well, I missed a good one.
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

NIKV69

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:10 am

Quoting Flybyguy (Reply 9):
lol... youtube took the video off the site. Ah well, I missed a good one.

That site is going down the crapper. I think they removed a lot of copyrighted stuff like music videos and such. Shame.

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 7):
What seems to give it away that this may be some sort of hoax, or staged act is that he had Casey Affleck follow him around to make some sort of documentary. Apparently Affleck is Joaquin Phoenix's firend and brother-in-law. Why on earth would someone legitimately have a friend/family member direct a documentary of their own downward spiral instead of getting real help? More importantly, what kind of friend would do that instead of getting him the necessary help?

I say it's probably an act.

Yea more I look at it you can tell it's scthick. I mean again if you look at Anna Nicole at her best she was totally jacked on methodone or whatever Howard gave her and you could tell in her speech etc. Joacquin was not like that at all.

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 8):
Remember the Farrah Fawcett and Crispin Glover interviews?

How about when Drew showed him her boobs! Classic.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!