corocks

NBA Trade Deadline Approaching

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:54 pm

With my Houston Rockets evidently close to making a move with the Nets I am watching things pretty close. There is talk of Houston getting Vince Carter for packages that include either Ron Artest or Tracy McGrady. Personally, I hope that they can get rid of McGrady but I think teams are too worried about his health. He has also proven this season to be a soft player and a weak leader. I guess the only reason that anyone would consider taking him is that he has a big expiring contract at the end of next season.

Other people rumored on the trading block:

Amare Stoudemire
Chris Bosh
Drew Gooden
Marcus Camby

Anyone else watching?

dalb777

RE: NBA Trade Deadline Approaching

Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:00 am

I can't believe the Hornets traded Tyson Chandler to OKC!!! Salary cap issues...
Geaux Tigers! Geaux Hornets! Geaux Saints! WHO DAT!!!

sw733

Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:17 am

I love Tyson Chandler. I really wish he were still with my Bulls....an underrated player, and I think the Thunder will use him well.

Latest rumor I heard was that my Bulls would get Chris Bosh in a 3 way trade. Oh my fantasies may come true, I have a man crush on Chris Bosh.

Alias1024

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:17 am

As a Blazers fan, I'm keeping a really close eye on it. They're going to do something with that huge expiring LaFrentz contract, the only question is who goes with it and what Portland gets in return.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

EA CO AS

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:16 am

My money says Stoudemire doesn't go anywhere - now that the Fun N' Gun Suns are back after Terry Porter's ouster, management will want to see how the team responds.

Especially since offers for Amare have apparently been underwhelming at best, as the Suns' desire to make a trade meant other teams thought they could get him for a song.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Alias1024

Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:32 am

Tyson Chandler failed his physical!!!

The trade to OKC is off and the Hornets are either screwed financially or will be forced into an even uglier trade to dump his salary.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.